Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#1101 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Can we get a shoop of the bad guy from the first iron man screaming "babcock built this team in a transition year... from a bunch of scraps!"
I'm offended that you're offended.

#1102 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

Well after sleeping about it, sorry for dropping some F-bombs but I just hate the Hawks, so it will take a few days weeks to look at this in a more calm way.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#1103 lwing

lwing

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Only in Detroit can people find a way to be proud of failure. Then again, what else do we have? We had our proverbial foot on their throat and failed to finish it off. Failed. Failure. Failing. Get it? You all saw the games and if thats the kind of performance, coaching and effort you can be proud of (games 5 and 6 in particular), then I bet you probably Applebees is a gourmet restaurant, the new Dodge Dart is a BMW M series and Hazel Park is the Hamptons. 

#1104 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Trying like heck to stifle my emotions. After all, the guys that just choked away a 3-1 game lead will wake up tomorrow, continue to receive their million dollar checks throughout the summer, and drive their luxury suv's to the finest golf courses money can buy, while the rest of us will have to get up tomorrow, go to our s*** jobs, and have to remain civil throughout the day, knowing that if we screw up something even a fraction of a degree as bad as some of the Wings did, we'll get our asses fired. Get pissed? You bet! Get sad and weepy? Hell no!

You do realise only 1 team can win, right?  And that that doesn't mean the other 29 teams are all failures whose players all deserve to be sacked.  The Hawks are a better team than us.  That doesn't mean they "care" more, it just means they have better players.

Go ask Philly and Rangers fans how the "win the Stanley Cup or everyone gets traded/bought out/sacked" approach has worked for them the last 20 years.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#1105 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Yeah it sucks that we lost last night and it will hurt for a while. Saying that though, the Wings proved that they can compete in a so called "rebuilding year". These playoffs are going to help the younger players out for next year and the years coming. For the Wings to be able to knock out the second seed in 7 games, and take the first seed to 7 games into ot is a very great feeling. I'm proud to be a Wings fan and always will no matter what the case is. I can't wait for trianing camp already and the start of the season next year. Thanks very much Wings!!!

IPB Image

#1106 Wings10

Wings10

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Only in Detroit can people find a way to be proud of failure. Then again, what else do we have? We had our proverbial foot on their throat and failed to finish it off. Failed. Failure. Failing. Get it? You all saw the games and if thats the kind of performance, coaching and effort you can be proud of (games 5 and 6 in particular), then I bet you probably Applebees is a gourmet restaurant, the new Dodge Dart is a BMW M series and Hazel Park is the Hamptons. 

The Wings have given me a lifetime of joy, 4 Cups , every season in the playoffs.. Yeah they lost a series up 3-1 chit happens, maybe understand they are playing a ton of young guys who will only get better from this experience Losing in OT in game 7 on the road against the best team in the League this season, yeah what a failure..

#1107 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Yes it was disappointing in the way it happened after getting up 3-1 in the series, but they defeated Anaheim and took the Hawks to OT in game 7. This was a team I wasn't sure would make the playoffs.

Disappointing in the moment but all in all still a good result.

#1108 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

You do realise only 1 team can win, right?  And that that doesn't mean the other 29 teams are all failures whose players all deserve to be sacked.  The Hawks are a better team than us.  That doesn't mean they "care" more, it just means they have better players.

Go ask Philly and Rangers fans how the "win the Stanley Cup or everyone gets traded/bought out/sacked" approach has worked for them the last 20 years.

:thumbup:

The Wings have given me a lifetime of joy, 4 Cups , every season in the playoffs.. Yeah they lost a series up 3-1 chit happens, maybe understand they are playing a ton of young guys who will only get better from this experience Losing in OT in game 7 on the road against the best team in the League this season, yeah what a failure..

Yes it was disappointing in the way it happened after getting up 3-1 in the series, but they defeated Anaheim and took the Hawks to OT in game 7. This was a team I wasn't sure would make the playoffs.

Disappointing in the moment but all in all still a good result.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1109 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Im not liking the over payment for Howard this season and the length of it. I also think its over due for Detroit to part ways with Fil and Franzen. Bad thing is there is nothing good to get this offseason from the UFA, to get quality players we would have to make some trades. Holland has not impressed me since 2008 Cup run. Abby killed us in game 5 in Chicago, his timing for penalties is really bad, send him to a rival so we can take advantage of his costly mistakes. I also think next year is the last we see Dats in the Winged wheel, so with that 1 more decent year left for a cup run, will we do something with our core to do it then?

Over payment for Howard? You're out to lunch on this one. Pay the goalie. Fix the defense and offense the best you can.

Howard carried an old washed up vet/rookie team (Dats/Zetts aside) to the playoffs, and into the 2nd round game 7 OT against the best team in the league. A 3 on 1 and a point blank deflection was the only things that beat him that game. You're not going to get a better performance from another goalie (maybe Rinne would have saved the first goal due to shear size, but that's not Howard's fault that Rinne is a monster) in the league. Especially the way he was getting shelled.

You ask for your goalie to show up in a game 7? You pay him for it. Howard did just that. Wings just couldn't score; made Crawford look like Quick most of the tike. 

Edited by Dynheart, 30 May 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#1110 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Proud of ya Wings.  Played their hearts out and did the best they could.  Almost pulled it off.  I didn't think they would even make the playoffs way back when Lidstrom announced he was retiring.  Stuart leaves.  Helm gets injured.  All the injuries throughout the season.  Babs did one heck of a job coaching this team.  We can all look forward to our Wings being a powerhouse once again competing for the Cup.  Jimmy proved he is one of the best goalies in the league.  I can only be positive today.  We didn't expect much yet accomplished alot IMO.  Way to go Wings.  :clap:

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 30 May 2013 - 10:26 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#1111 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

I am greatful for seeing theme gain 4 cups in 12 years and making the playoffs 22 years in a row I ant ask for more from a rookie team who tried their best to get the hawks jimmy is awesome I Love goose,Andy DD all our younger guys are going to be great

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#1112 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Boo
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#1113 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

I see this year similar to 2007. Stevey Y just retired. Pav and Hank were taking the torch. Up until that year, no one thought Pav could handle the playoffs. That post Stevie team proved to everyone they were legit, and the kids were taking over.

The following year we were treated to the best played hockey I've seen the red wings play. #1 in virtually every category and they worked their asses off in the process.

Our now core was just beginning to really blossom. Now we have the likes of Nyquist and Tatar and DD and Andersson. I think they are our future core, and I am very hopeful for the future.

Edited by Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot), 30 May 2013 - 11:01 AM.

[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#1114 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Well after sleeping about it, sorry for dropping some F-bombs but I just hate the Hawks, so it will take a few days weeks to look at this in a more calm way.

Completely understandable. I think were all not the greatest Hawks fans. ;)

I think we have many guys who stepped up this year, the young guys obviously but also Howard coming to his prime, Kronnwall and Ericsson not filling the great whole left by Lidstrom but being a worthy successor and a great No1 defensive pair. Not to forget Zetterbergs leadership. All that great questions marks before the season and it makes me very optimistic for our future. It looks bright for the next 2-3 years to come.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#1115 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Notice the Wings fan  :D

drw0529_2.jpg?w=508

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1116 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Saw Howie consoling Kronwall afterwards ... nice gesture.  

Hit by Bolland on Nyquist in OT worthy of boarding? 

Edited by RedWingsRox, 30 May 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#1117 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Notice the Wings fan  :D

Absolutely nice gesture, given he is in enemy territory even better, Wingsfans > others :-)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#1118 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hit by Bolland on Nyquist in OT worthy of boarding? 

It was absolutely boarding.

#1119 hudson

hudson

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

It was absolutely boarding.

How many more breaks do you think the Wings needed? They got plenty. The disallowed goal in game 3, no call on hooking Saad on a break away and the coincidentals last night that shouldn't have been called. The Wings got plenty of breaks and still came up short. The better team won. 

#1120 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

http://official-nhl....las-kronwall-to

Well that's heart breaking.... :(

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.