Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#101 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

@JSportsnet: East Final will start Saturday. West Final will start Friday if Detroit wins..Saturday if Chicago wins.

Why does Chicago get an extra day if they win, yet we would have to turn around and play Fri?

Yeah someone else said it but Rolling Stones are in town and actually if Hawks win, it hurts them a bit cause they have to play Saturday and Sunday, back to back, and Stones last and third show is on Monday night.

My prediction is an octopus is thrown on the ice and for the first time it is a penalty but not for the home team even though its their home ice, they will go above and beyond the rule book and assess the the penalty to the Wings because its "their" tradition.

I also predict Hawks are given 3 penalty shots.

#102 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

this comes to mind when I think of game 7 and im at peace

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#103 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Two words that will decide the game: Jimmy Howard.

Let's work hard and hope for the best, boys.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#104 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Well, there are 5 teams left in the playoffs as of right now.  They consist of the last 5 Stanley Cup Champions.

Red Wings need to win tonight to ensure its 4 of the last 5 still alive and not the last 4.  Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

Funny they keep mentioning on the radio about this except one minor detail. They do the last 4 years, that if Hawk's win, its the last 4 stanley cup champions... convenient to trim the number to 4 from 5.

I have also heard Chicago radio guys twice today talk about and ask analysts how Hawks match up to Kings and isn't it daunting for a team to know they have to face Quick who has only let up 10 goals in last 7 games.

Last I checked, take away an empty netter and a chintzy penalty shot, and our own Jimmy Williams hasn't let in too many more than that and yet they apparently aren't scared of us.

#105 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Funny they keep mentioning on the radio about this except one minor detail. They do the last 4 years, that if Hawk's win, its the last 4 stanley cup champions... convenient to trim the number to 4 from 5.

I have also heard Chicago radio guys twice today talk about and ask analysts how Hawks match up to Kings and isn't it daunting for a team to know they have to face Quick who has only let up 10 goals in last 7 games.

Last I checked, take away an empty netter and a chintzy penalty shot, and our own Jimmy Williams hasn't let in too many more than that and yet they apparently aren't scared of us.

over confidence will kill em

• DBR likes this

#106 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

come on boys! I know you can do this. Lets go Wings baby!!!!!!!

#107 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I have a good friend that lives in Chicago. He's getting married this summer.... I have been waiting to send my RSVP.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#108 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

I hate how Hawks fans/analysts are overconfident again, that and i really don't want to see Crybaby Toews in the next round.

We play hockey the right way (except for that brutal start to the 3rd in Game 6), and we should have booked our spot in the WCF already. But it's okay, we have a shot to make this right. Lets make it happen.

Howard, obviously, has to be HUGE. Back to the form of Games 2,3,4. He's going to need to be stellar. We can't take stupid penalties, and we have to cut out the giveaways.

It's going to be a draining game (players and fans!!), but as people have said, either way, lets give it 100%, lets not make boneheaded mistakes and go out like that.

Go Wings!!

#109 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

im here till the very end its been an up and down year with a lot of hit and misses but I think we got the edge

#110 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

man these cold beers are going to be tasty with a sweet Wings Game 7 win. BELIEVE

• DBR likes this

#111 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Do I wear my white yzerman jersey or red datsyuk jersey?

Red Datsyuk, no question!

#112 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Do I wear my white yzerman jersey or red datsyuk jersey?

Yzerman under the Datsyuk.

Posted Image

#113 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Red Datsyuk, no question!

i always wear my raod whites with them and home reds when they are home it always works but sadly I couldn't wear my jerseys at work in games 5 and 6......................hmmmmmmmmmm

#114 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

both today's game referees have already reffed in this series:

- dan o'rourke in game 1 and

- steven walkom was in game 5

wings lost both these games 1-4...

I hope it is true that lightning never strikes twice in the same place...

ps. I also hope these two morons cancel each other today and let players decide the outcome!

Edited by ami, 29 May 2013 - 05:35 PM.

• DBR likes this

#115 DBR

DBR

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

I haven't read the entire thread but I've been nervous and pacing and my stomach is tied I'm knots. I am so anxious about this game tonight. But remember:

1. The Wings have always come back after a bad game in these playoffs and won the next game.
2. In game 6, without the &$&;4.$; penalty shot goal, that game would have been tied and we would have gone into overtime and then it was anyone's game. Wings could have won and eliminated the Hawks.
3. It doesn't matter that the Hawks won the last two games. We won 3 in a row.
4. Just like Z and Dats are both overdue to score, the Wings are overdue for a win.

Here's to hooping and praying the Wings win tonight. I don't care by how many goals just as long as they win and eliminate the Hawk -- tonight.

GO WINGS!!!!

#116 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

I pulled out my fedorov jersey for this one. bought it on 'fight at the joe' when I was 11. doesn't really fit, but I'm wearing it all day just for extra luck.

#117 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I see everyone is pulling out all the superstitions for this one. The good mojo will power the Wings to a win tonight. I can feel it in my bones.

#118 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Knock em dead Wings!

Attached Files

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#119 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

https://twitter.com/...870845663051776

Just saw Gary Bettman in the hallway outside #Blackhawks dressing room.

da hell?!?!?!?!

#120 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

No surprise he is there.  Only series left going.  Winner advances to West Finals.  I just hope some of his slime rubbed off on the Hawks.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30