• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aznknight

Proud of our boys

Rate this topic

This is awesome. Well said!

Tomorrow will either be a bitter end to an incredible and surprising season, or another chapter in a Cinderella story for the ages. Either way, the wings are the best organization in sports and I'm proud to be a fan.

This season has made me prouder than any other because we are exceeding everyone's expectations.

LET'S GO WINGS!

Well said!

Somehow, the Wings have strived AND succeeded without Lidstrom, without Holmstrom, without Bertuzzi, without Helm, and without DeKeyser. Somewhere along the line in this shortened bastardized season this ragtag, crippled, makeshift, old and slow, rookie-peppered bunch of hockey players became a TEAM. A team that has taken the number one hockey squad in the world to a seventh game. Still nobody much is talking about them with any sense of what it took for them to get where they are.

It simply doesn't matter. Anybody with a penchant for sports history will be talking about this team in years to come, and they will get their due. They are a miracle of their own making. I am so very proud to be here in this moment. To savor their valor, and experience the thrills and chills at their very Trying.

I love you Detroit Red Wings. Thank you so much for who you are, and what you have become. And I am so very proud and honored to be one of your fans.

Beautiful. Thanks for posting this.

Yesterday was bitter. Tomorrow won't be, if the refs do their jobs properly. We play a game 7 against a team who most of us, myself included, wouldn't dream of reaching it, let alone the realistic possibility to win it. My personal prediction at the beginning of the postseason was Hawks in 6. And I think of myself as an optimist. :D

So I join you in being proud of the guys. Let's GO Wings !

Edited by derblaueClaus

I'm proud this team has played best with their backs against the wall. Winning out late in the season and then beating Anaheim twice, all while facing elimination.

I just wish the team wouldn't make it so damn hard on themselves. They haven't made anything come easy this year.

Thank you for the positivity injection! Last night was hard, and I've had a s***ty day because of it lol. As much as going out now would hurt, I could not be more proud of what these guys have managed to scrape together this year. I'm excited for what the future will bring for this team! LGW!

Let's be real honest here. The Wings are not the best team on paper right now but they are definitely making much better teams work for it and play on a whole different when their backs are against the wall. If****** love that s***. I like it that this team will work as hard as it can and will itself to make it this far. They have come real far and it makes me really excited for next season. If we go out tomorrow night I won't be very upset, but I know it will leave the question of,"if we did win how much further could we go?" going throughout Red Wing Nation. The Hawks are a good team, I am just happy we can settle the final divisional rival bout with an epic Game 7.

Edited by RedLightGoesOn

Win or lose I'm proud. Nobody can take away the 3 games we won against Goliath from our David. In 09 we scrubbed this growing Hawks team off the floor. Dynasties fall but having a team to believe in will never die. Gus will score 40 and DD will be a norris winner. You heard it here first.

That one goal that Nyquist scored where he had the puck and the whole hawks defense on a string was enough for me to nod and not care if we lose this series. We have a winning future ahead of us and the Hawks can't take that away from us in this upcoming game 7.

They may move ahead, but next year, we'll be back for the 23rd year straight.

I love me some Wings and I am quite proud of them this year. Especially for not castrating the officials in game 6, which they had all the reason in the world to do. I love how they're always calm, cool and collected. It makes it a little easier for my blood pressure to go down when crap like game 6 happens. Let's hope we see an all ings WCF!

Great post.

I feel very positive this post-season, which I haven't been in a while. Watching how this team competes every game. Watching our young prospects grab the torch the way they have. Surviving 13 (going on 14) games of precious playoff experience against the #1 and #2 seeds the way they have has been an incredible and pleasant surprise. This team has learned so much, through the good (3rd line goals) and the bad (Smith lapses), which in the long-run makes me hopeful for the future.

It isn't over yet. Let's hope its just beginning. GAME 7 in the top-seed's barn. LGRW!!

Not much more i can add that others haven't already said.

We weren't even supposed to make the playoffs, and once we did, no one expected us to get this far. The fact that we're here, at Game 7, in the 2nd round against the Blackhawks, no less, is something to be extremely proud of.

Obviously, I'm pulling for a win, but even if we lose, these boys have all of my respect and of course, i will love them no less.

LGRW!