• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aznknight

Proud of our boys

Rate this topic

I have no problem being a wings fan tomorrow.

What a surprise this year : )

I watched our team go through that handshake line there weren't many heads hung low they showed a lot of class there. Looking forward to next year already. As many have said future looks good.

Free agents this summer should take note how this team played. I feel as if this team jumped a year of development/re defining them selves with this playoff run.

One month before the playoffs, all I wanted was the 22 year playoff streak to continue. And 14 intense playoff games later, I'm happy. With an OT loss in Game 7 (which was brutal) against the #1 team, I can only be happy that we got to see them play in big games and gain valuable playoff experience. Great season boys! Can't wait until training camp! :)

Proud of Cleary. He was the warrior. He made mistakes and turned the puck over many times but he fought hard to make up for it. I want him back next season to be an example of hard work and perseverance.

Proud of Howard. He was the reason why we made it this far. He will be the backbone we need for years to come.

Proud of Abby. He was hitting, fighting back and being our vanguard. Love his play.

Proud of the whole third line. With a rookie filled line to give huge problems for Anaheim and Hawks, they'll be more than alright.

Proud of the Hawks for coming back. They are essentially this young team's teacher now. They made us better. Proud of Kane and Seabrook. They showed class. I appreciate that.

When we beat anaheim in game 2, we already overachieved.

I feel much more optimistic about our future now than I did going into the season or even going into the postseason. You hear about the potential of our prospects, but until you actually SEE them do it, you don't know what you have. Winning the Cup wasn't a realistic goal this year, but this run was very unexpected and impressive. I'm anxious to see what we do next year. Weaker conference, young guys getting better and better with each game, lots to look forward to.

I would just like to add to this post from a more than happy Redwing fan across the pond.

Yes I was bitterly disappointed with the game 7 ot loss as I am sure you all were. But I

was more than pleased with the way the boys have fought thru all of this years problems

and extended the season 14 more games than I think most of us didn't think would happen.

When we look at the whole picture, I truly believe that we are 1 top 6 forward and a scoring D

away from being a real legit contender next year.

The biggest plus is that Babs is giving the young guns a chance to shine and this none more

evident than the past few games when he has gone with youth over Sammy Bert and Ian. This

may be a sign of things to come next year. Its too early to start be predicting next years roster

changes and additions, but the future does look bright and the exp they young uns have gained

this year will be invaluable.

Well done boys rest up and next year will be even better Im sure of it.

If you told me we'd have lost to Chicago in game 7 OT, round 2 before the playoff started, I'd have been proud. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for the future, and am happy with what was accomplished this season overall, but blowing a 3-1 series lead, I am not happy with that. It is a let down. If it was neck and neck like it was vs anaheim, I'd be nothing but proud.

I'm not ripping on the team or anything, I'm so excited about the future, and we have a lot to look forward to. But at the same time there is a lot of work to be done to turn this team into a contender. It isn't gonna happen over night, and I hope everyone is patient, and that people don't see the sky as falling if they hit some rough patches next season.

If you would have told me at the beginning of the year, or at the halfway point that we'd make it past Anaheim and take the Blackhawks to 7, I would have called you crazy. Youth on D made one too many mistakes and the BH's took advantage. It stings but this team over achieved and I'm proud to be a fan.

I hope the Kings take them to the woodshed and if not I hope the Bruins do.

Daaamnn...Can not believe, the season ends like this. As i have a very light sleep, I woked up at 4:30 and just checked the score on my smartphone. When I saw OT was going to come, I turned my laptop on in a hurry. Unfortunately, i did not take long to this unfortunate end. Fall asleep again after this was ...well...

But nevertheless i am very proud of this team and i am allready very, very excited about the new season. Can not wait to see how all the young guys will develop in the new season! GO WINGS

I hate to sound pessimistic but I'm not quite ready to be positive about the season. Wings had a chance to beat the number 1 team in the league and they choked. That's right, they choked. They had three chances to beat them and failed. Sorry but in my opinion this was one of the biggest let downs for me as a Red Wings fan. Yeah I know that "We weren't supposed to make this far" anyway but they did and they couldn't finish the job. Wings could have beat a team that is their arch rival and that has OWNED them for the past 3-4 seasons and they choked. On to the eastern conference.

I hate to sound pessimistic but I'm not quite ready to be positive about the season. Wings had a chance to beat the number 1 team in the league and they choked. That's right, they choked. They had three chances to beat them and failed. Sorry but in my opinion this was one of the biggest let downs for me as a Red Wings fan. Yeah I know that "We weren't supposed to make this far" anyway but they did and they couldn't finish the job. Wings could have beat a team that is their arch rival and that has OWNED them for the past 3-4 seasons and they choked. On to the eastern conference.

Agreed. If this was a back and forth series that went 7, I'd have been proud. But to label this as being proud for taking the #1 team to game 7 is false. the wings had em on the brink and lost 3 in a row. I'm proud of the Wings season overall, just a disappointing end. I said from the start the only chance the Wings had was to get a 3-1 start in this series. check my post history if yall dont believe me lol. I knew once chicago got their intensity level up it was gonna be a s*** show, I just figured we'd have been able to at least grind out one win in those last 3 games.

Big let down in the end, exciting season over all. I'm usually never negative at all, but facts are facts. in the end, the Wings choked. But they will be better for it going forward. And hey, at least they didnt choke in Leaf fashion. Amirite?

Edited by marcaractac

Agreed. If this was a back and forth series that went 7, I'd have been proud. But to label this as being proud for taking the #1 team to game 7 is false. the wings had em on the brink and lost 3 in a row. I'm proud of the Wings season overall, just a disappointing end. I said from the start the only chance the Wings had was to get a 3-1 start in this series. check my post history if yall dont believe me lol. I knew once chicago got their intensity level up it was gonna be a s*** show, I just figured we'd have been able to at least grind out one one in those last 3 games.

Big let down in the end, exciting season over all. I'm usually never negative at all, but facts are facts. in the end, the Wings choked. But they will be better for it going forward. And hey, at least they didnt choke in Leaf fashion. Amirite?

I'm glad someone agrees with me. Only thing I'm happy about is not missing the playoffs. I can't be happy about choking a 3-1 lead to the Chicago Blackhawks and their annoying ass fans.

I'm glad someone agrees with me. Only thing I'm happy about is not missing the playoffs. I can't be happy about choking a 3-1 lead to the Chicago Blackhawks and their annoying ass fans.

Oh for sure. Im definitely proud of the team. Just not proud of how it ended, and im not proud of them "bringing the #1 team" to game 7, because really, chicago brought the wings to game 7. I'm proud of them for going up 3-1, but it's all for naught to only lose the series in 3 straight games. But I'm not gonna knock the team for it, because it is a learning experience for them.

We know the kids are gonna be good, we know we have goaltending that we can win with, and our D is coming into its own. Lots to be proud of. Throw Tatar in there next season, get Deke and Helm back, Add someone to the top 6 and I think this team starts looking like a legit threat.