Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Haha Doughty at 2:19

#22 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

Wow.  Just wow.  And that clip of McLellan complaining to the refs that the diving motion is making his players look bad????  That's just shameful.  Honestly, how the head coach of a top NHL team could have the lack of shame to do that?

I do feel sorry for the refs when they have to try and sift the dives from the penalties, but until they start calling Couture et al for diving, the players are going to keep on doing it.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#23 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

Just start calling every over dramatic reaction a dive. After a while people will learn to take a stick to the face and keep skating.

They can call it the flopping penalty.

Edited by Dave, 30 May 2013 - 06:32 AM.

#24 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Just start calling every over dramatic reaction a dive. After a while people will learn to take a stick to the face and keep skating.

They can call it the flopping penalty.

2 minutes for Coutureing

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#25 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

LOL at 2:22 when the coach wraps his arm around Doughty to draw up a play and he holds a cheesy smile on his face to his teammates. Love it!

#26 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Well the Kings fans have to deal with Edzo and Pierre to even up the things  :lol:

#27 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Diving and embellishment has become a MAJOR problem league wide. 

Hell, in our series against Chicago, the Hawks were diving all over the place, and lets not be homers here, the Wings did it a lot too. 

All teams are doing it to a greater and greater extent these days, and it is completely out of control at this point.  The league seriously needs to address the issue.

#28 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well the Kings fans have to deal with Edzo and Pierre to even up the things  :lol:

Are the crews set? I thought I heard Pierre last night talk about them going to the Pitt-Boston series.

#29 djv19

djv19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Was that soccer?