• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilmrt

2013 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTERMy Custom LineupFORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / David Clarkson ($5.000m)

Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Nathan Horton ($5.000m)

Gustav Nyquist ($1.000m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)

Drew Miller ($0.850m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)

Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.000m)

Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)------CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,369,545; BONUSES: $1,010,000CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $940,455

This is actually pretty much what I'm thinking. I would just have different line combos.

1. Compliance Buyout: Samuelsson (Keep one compliance buyout for next year for sure)

2. Buyout/Trade: Bert and Carlo. I might be dreaming that we could get a low pick for one of them and then just buyout the other

3. Sign a RIGHT-handed power forward Horton would be my choice, but I think that's being overly optimistic - we'd have to overpay. Maybe we can get Clarkson, meh. Maybe we can get creative with a trade, but I bet we can't get the Right-Handed power forward we need AND we keep Val. I don't know if I would take Clarkson over Val because I respect Val's D more, but I'd definitely trade rights to negotiate to Val if we knew we could sign Horton.

4. Pray that Helm comes back and continues his progression...might start the season on the 4th line to get his legs and timing back.

5. Then Re-Sign: Nyquist, Smith, Brunner, Kindl, Andersson

6. Call-Up Tatar

7. Play music chairs with the following to see who we can trade for something, who we keep, and who we let walk: Cleary, Miller, Tootoo, Emmerton. I think we're keeping Cleary but it has to be at a discount - I'm sure he can still get paid more somewhere else. I like Miller, but will he stick around for 4th line minutes? Tootoo's grit is valuable over a long season. Emmerton might be the odd man out, but he's cheap and will be relatively cheap next year as a RFA so he's has trade value. Maybe we sign as many as possible, let them compete then look to trade one down the road.

8. Continue to work from within and give this team another year to grow together

9. Find more ways to Pav and Z on the same line buy kicking mule in the ass and having him center the 2nd/3rd line, or have Helm move up to the second line and reunite the 3rd line from this year's playoffs.

I think the RFA's and UFA's that we re-sign are going to demand more money than I have seen in other posts, depending on term. This is as much as I think I can hope for... but I'd be really happy with this team.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($5.750m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.750m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.750m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($1.250m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.650m) / Danny Cleary ($2.050m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($1.875m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.950m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.625m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,894,545; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $415,455

It may not be the best comparison but I honestly think, Tyler Bozak from the Toronto Maple Leafs is similar to #51 in many ways. Both can provide some offense if they are paired with topline-guys, but other than that they don't add much to the lineup. To me this is not enough to justify 5 mill per year average. If Holland could get him to sign for 3,5 or 4 then maybe but even at that pricetag I think there are better options outthere.

One can argue, that Clarkson is not your typical top 6 guy, this may be the true but he is an unbelievable depth player, who can play topline minutes and also help to add some muscle and physicality to a 3rd line -->giving Babcock plenty of options.

Since people for whatever reason hate Scott so much, how aboout MacLaren or Colton Orr? One simple can not go into the East without having an enforcer in the lineup, also Bordelau from the Avs would be a great addition.

How bout Regehr as a shutdown guy? Also Shattenkirk would be a great option, I don't think the Blues ownership is as commited to their team as the best owner in all of sports is, so maybe they can't keep Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo and both are in for huge raises (Pietrangelo easily 7+ per).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Edited by frankgrimes

-Compliance buyout Samuelsson

-Buyout Bertuzzi

-Re-sign Nyquist, Brunner, Smith, Kindl, and Andersson.

-I think its unrealistic to predict Cleary leaving, so re-sign him and reduce his role. Can't deny that the guy amps up his game in the postseason.

-Re-sign Drew Miller. Valuable on the PK and contributes offensively. If he decides to leave, there are plenty of other options available. Eric Nystrom, Kyle Chipchura, Brandon Yip, Colton Orr, and Patrick Bordeleau come to mind.

-Let Filppula walk.

-Let White walk.

-Bring Tatar up

-Sign a guy with some size and snarl for the top 6. David Clarkson would he the ideal target, but we all know he's gonna get overpaid. Ryane Clowe had a bad start to the year with San Jose, but picked up his game once he arrived in New York. Nathan Horton is another I'd target.

-Pray Helm is healthy.

-See if there are any teams that would take Emmerton.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Tatar-Nyquist-Clarkson

Abdelkader-Helm-Brunner

Miller-Andersson-Tootoo

Cleary/Eaves

Kronwall-Ericsson

Kindl-Dekeyser

Smith-Colaiacovo

Guest Hatethedrake!

Actually it's 2 this year or 1 this year and next. Or none at all.

What do you think of a trade such as D Kyle Quincy, D Brian Lashoff, LW Rasmus Bodin, and a high draft pick to the Buffalo Sabres for RW Drew Stafford and G Matt Hackett?

The Sabres need quite a bit of help at the blue line. Quincy instantly becomes one of their top three defenders and Lashoff gets a change of scenery. Bodin gives them a really good wing prospect. Matt Hackett instantly becomes the Red Wings' best goaltending prospect and Stafford gets his change of scenery.

Vanek is also on a 1-year deal, with next year being the final of his large contract. He's obviously a rental at $7mil+, but it's something to consider. A Quincy/Smith-based trade could be the premise of something the Sabres would consider. They're in serious-rebuild mode. The Red Wings only have so much room for players moving up over the next 3-4 years.

Dats, Z, Nyquist, Tatar, Quincy, Andersson, Abdelkader, Kronwall, Kindl, Smith, Brunner, DeKeyser, Helm, Sproul, Jamkrok, Ouellett, Frk, Pulkkinen. Sheahan...

That's 12 forwards and 7 defensemen that, barring a player not living up to potential, sustaining a serious injury, or an unforeseen inability for the team to re-sign them, should be around for the next few years. Frk is the farthest off, he's still in his teens, but Z and Dats, the captains, are the only ones over 28!

Three years from now, here's how I view the roster based on the players currently under Detroit's control:

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Tatar

Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen

Abdelkader, Helm, Andersson

Brunner, Sheahan, Frk

Kronwall, Quincy

Kindl, Smith

DeKeyser, Ouellett

Sproul

You've got two top lines with ridiculous scoring potential and a defensively-dominant third line. So what does this team really need next season? A dominant RW to play with Datsyuk and Zetterberg/Franzen/Abdelkader.

Edited by _SP_

What do you think of a trade such as D Kyle Quincy, D Brian Lashoff, LW Rasmus Bodin, and a high draft pick to the Buffalo Sabres for RW Drew Stafford and G Matt Hackett?

The Sabres need quite a bit of help at the blue line. Quincy instantly becomes one of their top three defenders and Lashoff gets a change of scenery. Bodin gives them a really good wing prospect. Matt Hackett instantly becomes the Red Wings' best goaltending prospect and Stafford gets his change of scenery.

Vanek is also on a 1-year deal, with next year being the final of his large contract. He's obviously a rental at $7mil+, but it's something to consider. A Quincy/Smith-based trade could be the premise of something the Sabres would consider. They're in serious-rebuild mode.

We don't need goaltending

We don't need goaltending

Depends on what you think of Coreau, Paterson, and McCollum... I personally think they're overrated. Beyond Howard, Gustavsson, and Mrazek, I'm seeing some question marks. Bringing in another quality goalie like Hackett never hurts.

Depends on what you think of Coreau, Paterson, and McCollum... I personally think they're overrated. Beyond Howard, Gustavsson, and Mrazek, I'm seeing some question marks. Bringing in another quality goalie like Hackett never hurts.

But Howard and mrazek will be our goalies for several years to come and the others are pretty well suited for the ahl. We only need a couple good goalies

Guest DeGraa55

I hear a lot of people saying Patterson will be better than mrazek.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($1.788m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($7.520m)
Damien Brunner ($2.350m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Joakim Andersson ($0.805m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.925m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.227m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.650m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
OTHER
Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)
Buyout: Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.600m)
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,283,920; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,026,080

Guest Hatethedrake!

I can't see Toots being bought out.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Vanek is also on a 1-year deal, with next year being the final of his large contract. He's obviously a rental at $7mil+, but it's something to consider. A Quincy/Smith-based trade could be the premise of something the Sabres would consider. They're in serious-rebuild mode. The Red Wings only have so much room for players moving up over the next 3-4 years.

Dats, Z, Nyquist, Tatar, Quincy, Andersson, Abdelkader, Kronwall, Kindl, Smith, Brunner, DeKeyser, Helm, Sproul, Jamkrok, Ouellett, Frk, Pulkkinen. Sheahan...

That's 12 forwards and 7 defensemen that, barring a player not living up to potential, sustaining a serious injury, or an unforeseen inability for the team to re-sign them, should be around for the next few years. Frk is the farthest off, he's still in his teens, but Z and Dats, the captains, are the only ones over 28!

Three years from now, here's how I view the roster based on the players currently under Detroit's control:

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Tatar

Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen

Abdelkader, Helm, Andersson

Brunner, Sheahan, Frk

Kronwall, Quincy

Kindl, Smith

DeKeyser, Ouellett

Sproul

You've got two top lines with ridiculous scoring potential and a defensively-dominant third line. So what does this team really need next season? A dominant RW to play with Datsyuk and Zetterberg/Franzen/Abdelkader.

Like someone else stated, we don't need goaltending. We have Mrazek, Patterson and now Coreau. After next season when Monster is gone, either Mrazek or Coreau will be Jimmy's back up. The other will be in GRR with Patterson.

Considering your other trade components, I don't think Lashoff needs a change of scenery, he will be a Detroit Red Wing come October... I am, on the other hand, all for trading Q. He played pretty well down the stretch, but if you are looking to better your team and the team you are dealing with needs a defenseman, then Q is the logical choice to trade. BUT, you have to remember, we are moving East next season into the same division as Buffalo, so I highly doubt there will be any deals between those two teams...

As of now, our D looks like this:

Kronner, Big E

Diesel, Q

Fire, Laser

Cola, Smitty

...now, that is one too many, so you never know if one of those will be involved in a trade. Like I said, Q will be the most obvious choice given his experience in the NHL. Maybe, someone wants Kindl, but I think he really grew up the last week of the season and through the playoffs. Plus he won't cost too much to re-sign either. I guess you could trade Q for a pick, but you aren't going to be getting your 1st rounder back that is a guarantee!

Look for new trade partners this off season for sure!

Trade: Quincey (He is good (sometimes.) but highly overpaid.

Buy out: Bert, Sammy

Resign: Filppula, Nyquist, Smith, Kindl, Brunner, Andersson, Cleary, Miller.

Sign: Stalberg/Bickell/Ryder and a defensemen

Howard - Monster

Kronwall - Big E

Smith - Dekeyser

Colaiacovo - Kindl

Quincey(Or someone new?) - Lashoff

Zetterberg - Pasha - Bickell/Stalberg/Ryder

Nyquist - Filppula - Franzen

Brunner - Helm - Cleary

Tootoo - Andersson - Abdelkader

Eaves - Emmerton - Miller

Maybe Tatar is ready for a place in our first lineup and if, i want him to play in top 6. Otherwise i rather se him play lots in the Grand Rapids and gets called up from time to time to show what he can bring into our lineup.

Trade: Quincey (He is good (sometimes.) but highly overpaid.

Buy out: Bert, Sammy

Resign: Filppula, Nyquist, Smith, Kindl, Brunner, Andersson, Cleary, Miller.

Sign: Stalberg/Bickell/Ryder and a defensemen

Howard - Monster

Kronwall - Big E

Smith - Dekeyser

Colaiacovo - Kindl

Quincey(Or someone new?) - Lashoff

Zetterberg - Pasha - Bickell/Stalberg/Ryder

Nyquist - Filppula - Franzen

Brunner - Helm - Cleary

Tootoo - Andersson - Abdelkader

Eaves - Emmerton - Miller

Maybe Tatar is ready for a place in our first lineup and if, i want him to play in top 6. Otherwise i rather se him play lots in the Grand Rapids and gets called up from time to time to show what he can bring into our lineup.

I wouldn't dismantle that third line. If anything, I would do Brunner-helm-tatar, or Brunner-helm-nyquist

I like miller, but he probably wont be re-signed

We wont get a defenseman unless we trade at least 2 away

speaking of the 2013 off season, the June 1st, 2013 deadline came and went to sign prospects Alan Quine and Philippe Hudon. They can re-enter the draft if they want. I find it kind of strange that they didn't sign Quine. He currently sits rank #19 in their top 20 prospects...

Patterson overrated? He's going into his last year of Jr and will no doubt be the starter for Canada at the WJC. That's where we can start to critique Patterson against the best Jr competition and see if he'll be good to go for GR after or another ECHL spud.

Patterson overrated? He's going into his last year of Jr and will no doubt be the starter for Canada at the WJC. That's where we can start to critique Patterson against the best Jr competition and see if he'll be good to go for GR after or another ECHL spud.

Just a personal observation. I obviously don't have the experience that the Detroit scouting department has, nor the resources to speak with him on a daily/weekly basis and critique every one of his plays. I just am making as best of an educated guess as I can, as is everyone else.

Hell, for most of us, we're all painting Tatar as a top-six forward next year... he may flame out and not be up to the NHL challenge. Nobody knows. I just look at the roster for the next few years and see just a couple of question marks: right-handed wingers and "proven" goalies (or as proven as a prospect can get).

I am a season-ticket holder, in Toledo. I try to go to as many Walleye games a possible. So I have a fairly good feel on most of the players that come through Toledo, but I'm simply just a fan making observations. I would say, though, that I make logical assumptions and usually over-value other team's players in projected trades- I don't want to be seen as a person trading cupcakes for gold.

I hear a lot of people saying Patterson will be better than mrazek.

those people are crazy

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($1.788m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($7.520m)

Damien Brunner ($2.350m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)

Joakim Andersson ($0.805m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.925m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.227m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.650m)

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

OTHER

Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)

Buyout: Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.600m)

------

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,283,920; BONUSES: $1,010,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,026,080

7.5 million for nathan horton?????????? man what have you been smoking lol

pass on horton 5+ we got a ton of kids coming up no need to take a chance on a guy with cuncussion problems even though he is paying great now

Guest DeGraa55

those people are crazy

7.5 million for nathan horton?????????? man what have you been smoking lol

pass on horton 5+ we got a ton of kids coming up no need to take a chance on a guy with cuncussion problems even though he is paying great now

One of which is Chris Osgood lol. But its OK its easy to tell when someone hops on a certain players(mrazek) and they think he is the best thing ever in hockey. Its OK I understand.