• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilmrt

2013 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

I don't know anything about Wheatton but I am guessing you mean Gauthier. Gauthier is tall and not very physical and nowhere near as good a player as Domi who plays much tougher.

Well Domi should play tough but I am worried about the guy, he isn't nearly as feared as his dad was so something here doesn't add up.

Red Wings look to alleviate forward logjam with trades before turning to compliance buyouts next week

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/06/red_wings_look_to_alleviate_fo.html#incart_river

Anyone worried about this? Would Sammy even attempt this?

But, there is a chance that Samuelsson and his agent could dispute the club's assertion that he is healthy (injured players can't be bought out). He has one year remaining at $3 million.

All we really need is to acquire one big gun for Datsyuk, and since it sounds like KH is ready to trim some fat, it should be pretty doable.

I have been back and forth with the idea of putting Z and D together or using them as 1center, 2 center. or is a healthy Helm ready and able to take the next step and move up to the 2nd line?

At the end of the day, the winning formula is simple and basic and we all have been saying it all along; Dats needs a big gun to play with, someone with a lot more of a goal scoring threat on his wing than Z provides. Weather that is Clarkson or whomever, I don't know.

Abby(Bickel?)/Dats/Clarkson

Franzen/Helm/Zetterberg

Tatar/Andy/Nyquist

Miller/Emmy/Toots(Eaves)

Bert/

If Helm returns 100% and goes back to the 3rd line, then Andy is way under utilized on the 4rth line. Am I wrong thinking a healthy Helm can adequately replace Fil-A-Poola? Doesn't his speed, agressiveness, and work ethic more than make up for the skill descrepency between the two? He seems like a perfect fit between Franzen and Zetterberg.

Emmerton is solid, responsible, and cheap; a great place holder until Sheahan or ? is ready. Unless Holland knows one of the Griffins are ready.

Maybe Abby can get 20 goals while crashing and mucking on Datsyuks line, doing a lot of the grunt work so a Clarkson-type-scoring-guy can find some space to snipe from.Yes, I'd prefer a bigger Bickel there instead of Abby, but so would every GM in the league now that he's been showcased in the Finals so chances of getting him are slim to none. If we get the right scorer on Dat's wing, then settling for Abby there could be fine while spreading cap space to other lines.

This set of forward lines can compete with anyone. We are not that far away, maybe one top acquisition is all we need, and it's certainly doable.

Edited by T.Low

just wanna say all this crap about wings being interested in stephen weiss is pissing me off hes overrated and is always hurt id hate to see us being locked up to like 4 years on weiss with all the kids coming up and better options out there

Weiss has had 2 wrist injuries over 10 NHL seasons. With those 2 injuries he missed 72 games, and has played in 654 NHL games. He's injured roughly 9% of the time. Weiss is not "always hurt".

All of the scouting reports I've read suggest that he is a gentle giant.

Everything I've read says he's got incredible defensive smarts, and because of that he doesn't take a lot of penalties and is not necessarily skating around like a loose cannon leveling everyone. I doubt he's "gentle", just responsible.

Guest Johnz96

Well Domi should play tough but I am worried about the guy, he isn't nearly as feared as his dad was so something here doesn't add up.

I don't think anybody available in the draft will be. But McKee probably will.

I don't think anybody available in the draft will be. But McKee probably will.

Fighting is slowly being phased out of the game, by the time McKee is ready for NHL duties he better have developed another facet to his game or he'll never even get a shot.

There will probably be no enforcers left by then.

Fighting is slowly being phased out of the game, by the time McKee is ready for NHL duties he better have developed another facet to his game or he'll never even get a shot.

There will probably be no enforcers left by then.

Not true at all. The Wings are heading into a conference with:

Colton Orr, John Scott, Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Frazer McLaren, Brandon Prust, Deryk Engelland, Steve MacIntyre add to that the Rangers coming tough guy in Dylan McIllrath.

So a guy like McKee can't come up soon enough but whenever he is going to be ready, him and Bordaleau are going to dominate the West and Eastern conference.

Guest Crymson

Sammy doesnt care if he's bought out. He gets paid.

He gets paid $2m instead of $3m.

Not true at all. The Wings are heading into a conference with:

Colton Orr, John Scott, Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Frazer McLaren, Brandon Prust, Deryk Engelland, Steve MacIntyre add to that the Rangers coming tough guy in Dylan McIllrath.

So a guy like McKee can't come up soon enough but whenever he is going to be ready, him and Bordaleau are going to dominate the West and Eastern conference.

Unfortunately the NHL is already in the process of phasing it out of the game.

McKee will be forced to wear a visor and any time he starts a fight he'll end up with an extra 2 minutes. Either for taking his helmet off, or for starting a fight wearing a visor.

The OHL has already instituted a 10 fight per season limit before suspensions and fines, its only a matter of time before a similar rule is proposed in the NHL.

I know there are still a bunch of heavyweights in the league, but McKee is probably around 4 or 5 years away from playing in the league...a lot can change in that time.

Because there's no guarantee that you'd get another job.

If a team wants to pay you 2/3 of your salary to not play for them and you can go make another 2 mil playing for someone, why stick around on a team that doesn't need/want you??

Guest Crymson

Unfortunately the NHL is already in the process of phasing it out of the game.

McKee will be forced to wear a visor and any time he starts a fight he'll end up with an extra 2 minutes. Either for taking his helmet off, or for starting a fight wearing a visor.

The OHL has already instituted a 10 fight per season limit before suspensions and fines, its only a matter of time before a similar rule is proposed in the NHL.

I know there are still a bunch of heavyweights in the league, but McKee is probably around 4 or 5 years away from playing in the league...a lot can change in that time.

I'm pretty sure that instigating with a visor isn't called if the player removes his helmet prior to the fight.

Guest The Axe

And is free to sign another contract with another team and get paid twice!

Boom. Hello Flodida!

Not surprising, but Jagr won't be back with the Bruins.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/jagr-wont-be-back-with-bruins-hortons-future-less-clear/

I wonder if this is someone Holland takes a chance on.

Pros: Jagr will probably sign just a one year deal wherever he goes. We NEED a top six forward and the pickings are kind of slim. We saw with Boston that he can be a strong two way player. He is and always has been a puck possession player.

Cons: He'll sign with the highest bidder, which makes him too expensive. Maybe it had to do with injury, but he looked like a 41 year old player by the end of the SCF and this was a shortened season.

I wouldn't want him taking a roster spot from one of our up and coming young guns, but at the same time, I don't see any of them being a top 6 forward next year and if we don't get someone, we're looking at Cleary, Samuelsson or Bertuzzi (or possibly all of them) in the top 6.

As much as I do like/respect jagr, we're better off without him. And yea, we won't be top bidders so we won't get him

Not surprising, but Jagr won't be back with the Bruins.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/jagr-wont-be-back-with-bruins-hortons-future-less-clear/

I wonder if this is someone Holland takes a chance on.

Pros: Jagr will probably sign just a one year deal wherever he goes. We NEED a top six forward and the pickings are kind of slim. We saw with Boston that he can be a strong two way player. He is and always has been a puck possession player.

Cons: He'll sign with the highest bidder, which makes him too expensive. Maybe it had to do with injury, but he looked like a 41 year old player by the end of the SCF and this was a shortened season.

I wouldn't want him taking a roster spot from one of our up and coming young guns, but at the same time, I don't see any of them being a top 6 forward next year and if we don't get someone, we're looking at Cleary, Samuelsson or Bertuzzi (or possibly all of them) in the top 6.

more importantly, it seems horton might hit the open market.. could be very appealing if all goes well with his shoulder

i heard carolina is willing to give up the #5 pick for a top 4 dman i would give up smith or quincey(if they wanted him and could extend him only) and more to get that pick if nichushkin is available . id love to see him next to datsyuk next year

and since ference is not gonna be resigned maybe we can go after him as a 5-6dman depending the price

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

i heard carolina is willing to give up the #5 pick for a top 4 dman i would give up smith or quincey(if they wanted him and could extend him only) and more to get that pick if nichushkin is available . id love to see him next to datsyuk next year

and since ference is not gonna be resigned maybe we can go after him as a 5-6dman depending the price

Seemes strange that they would do this. There are a decent handful of top 4 D-men available as UFAs. If they're looking for a legit top 2 pairing D-man, then that's a different story all together.