• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#201 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

I figured he'd want more than he's worth. And I don't know what the author of that article was smoking, because Cleary was assuredly not healthy last season.

#202 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Nowhere in the article does it say anything about him wanting more money.  It's just a fluff piece to fill the writer's quota for the day.  Nothing was said that isn't already obviously true.  Cleary played well and made a case for himself in the playoffs.  Weak free agent class means he COULD make more if he wanted.  Limited money and roster spots with Wings.  Will Cleary take a discount? 

None of that is a revelation.

Edited by kipwinger, 16 June 2013 - 09:35 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#203 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

I almost feel like Samuelsson being bought-out should be a foregone conclusion, but it somehow still feels like it won't happen. I really want to see that whole Griffins line up with the team next season, and letting go of some guys or buying others out needs to happen for that to occur. I really don't think Cleary would expect, nor would he get a raise from that 2.8 million, and I think it should be him OR Bertuzzi on the team - not both. I've got this gut feeling that both will be here, though... and that maybe Emmerton will be placed on waivers.

#204 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Seriously.  The sooner Samuelsson is bought out or traded for a bag of pucks, the better.

#205 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Filppula, and White.

Let these 5 guys go as step 1.

#206 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Isles got a 7 rounder for the marks to Mark Streit, may not seem much but at that pricetag the Wings should be able to get a 4 rounder for the rights to Filpulla. Better than lettimg them walk for nothing...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#207 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

http://thehockeywrit...-draft-targets/

Mantha, Gauthier, and McCarron listed as draft targets, would be thrilled with any of them

#208 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

As far as potential draft picks go, what about Max Domi? I'd like to see him in the wings system. Thoughts...

#209 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

As far as potential draft picks go, what about Max Domi? I'd like to see him in the wings system. Thoughts...

I've liked every highlight I've seen of him. Those are just highlights tho.. don't know much otherwise

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#210 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

I like our current cap situation. After this 2013-2014 season we have a very thinned out cap sheet (no old ineffective players) that can be filled out well with our prospects which should be more than ready by that point. We can use our amnesty buyouts this year to make room for a couple deserving youngsters (Tatar, Nyquist, Deke) and then add a few more the following years when contracts expire. We obviously need to give big E a bit of a raise next season and our young guys will see small raises this season. As much as I hated the deals holland made last offseason I can see that they were insurance deals that don't hurt us in the long-run. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#211 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Thoughts are that he's a small center and we don't need more small centers.

#212 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

This is why I really like Gauthier. Just not sure his offense will fully translate to the NHL, but the guy is huge already.

Posted Image

#213 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

He is short but stocky and very strong at 5'10" 195lbs and growing. He is much more physical, heavier, and stronger  than some of the taller guys being mentioned as possible targets for the Wings and more skilled and dynamic.
Because of his size (height) he will be a steal in the draft. He is rated to go lower than his taller Knights' teammate Horvath but is much more dynamic, much more productive as well as being stronger and more physical.

Edited by Johnz96, 20 June 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#214 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

I don't think we could pass on him if he fell to us. The only reason he could fall would be the size factor - everything else is there. Gauthier might not be able to produce at the NHL level looking at his current numbers. 

#215 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Max Domi could be the steal of the draft, if he continues to add muscle but I think the Wings should either go for a shutdown defenseman OR a powerforward type of a guy, which Domi is not.

kftx.jpg

#216 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Max Domi could be the steal of the draft, if he continues to add muscle but I think the Wings should either go for a shutdown defenseman OR a powerforward type of a guy, which Domi is not.

But....so...many...defensemen.

A big powerforward, though?  Yes please.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#217 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Domi is a unique skill/all-heart guy that can agitate other teams as well. These guys are the ones you hate on any other team than your own. Id love him if he fell to us. He may not be a big kid but he plays big.

#218 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Domi is a unique skill/all-heart guy that can agitate other teams as well. These guys are the ones you hate on any other team than your own. Id love him if he fell to us. He may not be a big kid but he plays big.

I would be happy if the Wings could get Frederik Gauthier, dude has great size and is nasty, 6'5 210 and then hope that Ryan Pulock could fall into the second round. This would give the Wings two big upcoming guys at center and defense, add to that one of Clarkson/Horton + an enforcer and the smallish, pushed around Wings  things are going to be a thing of the past soon.

Third round Michael Wheatton without question the guy is 6,4 and already at 228 what a beast.

Edited by frankgrimes, 20 June 2013 - 11:43 PM.

kftx.jpg

#219 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I would be happy if the Wings could get Frederik Gauthier, dude has great size and is nasty, 6'5 210 and then hope that Ryan Pulock could fall into the second round. This would give the Wings two big upcoming guys at center and defense, add to that one of Clarkson/Horton + an enforcer and the smallish, pushed around Wings  things are going to be a thing of the past soon.

Third round Michael Wheatton without question the guy is 6,4 and already at 228 what a beast.

I am not so sure Pulock falls, Santini maybe. But yeah, Gautier would be awesome!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#220 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

All of the scouting reports I've read suggest that he is a gentle giant.

Edited by Johnz96, 21 June 2013 - 10:33 AM.