#222 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

TSN off-season game plan:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426020

Article would have benefited from some proofreading.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#223 Kronstantinov

Kronstantinov

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

Domi is a unique skill/all-heart guy that can agitate other teams as well. These guys are the ones you hate on any other team than your own. Id love him if he fell to us. He may not be a big kid but he plays big.

Because of his height, he is going to be the steal of the first round. Anybody that's watched the Knights can attest that he led them to the Memorial Cup. He is a easily a better player than Horvath (a very good player in his own right) and more physical yet because of a few inches is ranked lower. Judging by the rankings he could be available at 18, if he is, the Wings should definitely snap him up.

#224 Kronstantinov

Kronstantinov

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

All of the scouting reports I've read suggest that he is a gentle giant.

I don't know anything about Wheatton but I am guessing you mean Gauthier. Gauthier is tall and not very physical and nowhere near as good a player as Domi who plays much  tougher.

#225 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Red Wings look to alleviate forward logjam with trades before turning to compliance buyouts next week

http://www.mlive.com...ml#incart_river

#226 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Red Wings look to alleviate forward logjam with trades before turning to compliance buyouts next week

God I hope we make some trades. Rights to fil for anything.

#227 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

I don't know anything about Wheatton but I am guessing you mean Gauthier. Gauthier is tall and not very physical and nowhere near as good a player as Domi who plays much  tougher.

Well Domi should play tough but I am worried about the guy, he isn't nearly as feared as his dad was so something here doesn't add up.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#228 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

Anyone worried about this? Would Sammy even attempt this? 

But, there is a chance that Samuelsson and his agent could dispute the club's assertion that he is healthy (injured players can't be bought out). He has one year remaining at $3 million.

#229 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

All we really need is to acquire one big gun for Datsyuk, and since it sounds like KH is ready to trim some fat, it should be pretty doable.

I have been back and forth with the idea of putting  Z and D together or using them as 1center, 2 center.  or is a healthy Helm ready and able to take the next step and move up to the 2nd line?

At the end of the day, the winning formula is simple and basic and we all have been saying it all along; Dats needs a big gun to play with, someone with a lot more of a goal scoring threat on his wing than Z provides.  Weather that is Clarkson or whomever, I don't know.

Abby(Bickel?)/Dats/Clarkson

Franzen/Helm/Zetterberg

Tatar/Andy/Nyquist

Miller/Emmy/Toots(Eaves)

Bert/

If Helm returns 100% and  goes back to the 3rd line, then Andy is way under utilized on the 4rth line.  Am I wrong thinking a healthy Helm can adequately replace Fil-A-Poola?  Doesn't his speed, agressiveness, and work ethic more than make up for the skill descrepency between the two?  He seems like a perfect fit between Franzen and Zetterberg.

Emmerton is solid, responsible, and cheap; a great place holder until Sheahan or ? is ready. Unless Holland knows one of the Griffins are ready.

Maybe Abby can get 20 goals while crashing and mucking on Datsyuks line, doing a lot of the grunt work   so a Clarkson-type-scoring-guy can find some space to snipe from.Yes, I'd prefer a bigger Bickel there instead of Abby, but so would every GM in the league now that he's been showcased in the Finals so chances of getting him are slim to none.  If we get the right scorer on Dat's wing, then settling for Abby there could be fine while spreading cap space to other lines.

This set of forward lines can compete with anyone.  We are not that far away, maybe one top acquisition is all we need, and it's certainly doable.

Edited by T.Low, 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#230 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

id be pissed if we drafted gauthier. we should get mantha

#231 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

just wanna say all this crap about wings being interested in stephen weiss is pissing me off hes overrated and is always hurt id hate to see us being locked up to like 4 years on weiss with all the kids coming up and better options out there

#232 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

just wanna say all this crap about wings being interested in stephen weiss is pissing me off hes overrated and is always hurt id hate to see us being locked up to like 4 years on weiss with all the kids coming up and better options out there

Weiss has had 2 wrist injuries over 10 NHL seasons. With those 2 injuries he missed 72 games, and has played in 654 NHL games. He's injured roughly 9% of the time. Weiss is not "always hurt".

All of the scouting reports I've read suggest that he is a gentle giant.

Everything I've read says he's got incredible defensive smarts, and because of that he doesn't take a lot of penalties and is not necessarily skating around like a loose cannon leveling everyone. I doubt he's "gentle", just responsible.

#233 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well Domi should play tough but I am worried about the guy, he isn't nearly as feared as his dad was so something here doesn't add up.

I don't think anybody available in the draft will be. But McKee probably will.

#234 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I don't think anybody available in the draft will be. But McKee probably will.

Fighting is slowly being phased out of the game, by the time McKee is ready for NHL duties he better have developed another facet to his game or he'll never even get a shot.

There will probably be no enforcers left by then.

#235 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

Fighting is slowly being phased out of the game, by the time McKee is ready for NHL duties he better have developed another facet to his game or he'll never even get a shot.

There will probably be no enforcers left by then.

Not true at all. The Wings are heading into a conference with:

Colton Orr, John Scott, Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Frazer McLaren, Brandon Prust, Deryk Engelland, Steve MacIntyre add to that the Rangers coming tough guy in Dylan McIllrath.

So a guy like McKee can't come up soon enough but whenever he is going to be ready, him and Bordaleau are going to dominate the West and Eastern conference.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#236 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

Sammy doesnt care if he's bought out. He gets paid.

#237 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Sammy doesnt care if he's bought out. He gets paid.

He gets paid $2m instead of $3m.

#238 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Not true at all. The Wings are heading into a conference with:

Colton Orr, John Scott, Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Frazer McLaren, Brandon Prust, Deryk Engelland, Steve MacIntyre add to that the Rangers coming tough guy in Dylan McIllrath.

So a guy like McKee can't come up soon enough but whenever he is going to be ready, him and Bordaleau are going to dominate the West and Eastern conference.

Unfortunately the NHL is already in the process of phasing it out of the game.

McKee will be forced to wear a visor and any time he starts a fight he'll end up with an extra 2 minutes. Either for taking his helmet off, or for starting a fight wearing a visor.

The OHL has already instituted a 10 fight per season limit before suspensions and fines, its only a matter of time before a similar rule is proposed in the NHL.

I know there are still a bunch of heavyweights in the league, but McKee is probably around 4 or 5 years away from playing in the league...a lot can change in that time.

#239 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

He gets paid $2m instead of $3m.

And is free to sign another contract with another team and get paid twice!

Edited by Nev, 26 June 2013 - 03:47 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#240 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Anyone worried about this? Would Sammy even attempt this? 

If a team wants to pay you 2/3 of your salary to not play for them and you can go make another 2 mil playing for someone, why stick around on a team that doesn't need/want you??   

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag