• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#81 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Actually it's 2 this year or 1 this year and next. Or none at all.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#82 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

My mistake, thanks.

#83 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Alright this is what I would like to see for the start of next season. One major change, then build from within...

Gus-Z-Clarkson
Abby-Pav-Mule
Tartar-Andersson-Brunner
Cleary-Helm-Eaves

Kronwall-Big Rig
Smith-Quincey
Dekeyser-Kindl

Howard
Monster
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#84 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

What do you think of a trade such as D Kyle Quincy, D Brian Lashoff, LW Rasmus Bodin, and a high draft pick to the Buffalo Sabres for RW Drew Stafford and G Matt Hackett?

The Sabres need quite a bit of help at the blue line.  Quincy instantly becomes one of their top three defenders and Lashoff gets a change of scenery. Bodin gives them a really good wing prospect.  Matt Hackett instantly becomes the Red Wings' best goaltending prospect and Stafford gets his change of scenery.

Vanek is also on a 1-year deal, with next year being the final of his large contract. He's obviously a rental at $7mil+, but it's something to consider. A Quincy/Smith-based trade could be the premise of something the Sabres would consider. They're in serious-rebuild mode.  The Red Wings only have so much room for players moving up over the next 3-4 years. 

Dats, Z, Nyquist, Tatar, Quincy, Andersson, Abdelkader, Kronwall, Kindl, Smith, Brunner, DeKeyser, Helm, Sproul, Jamkrok, Ouellett, Frk, Pulkkinen. Sheahan...

That's 12 forwards and 7 defensemen that, barring a player not living up to potential, sustaining a serious injury, or an unforeseen inability for the team to re-sign them, should be around for the next few years.  Frk is the farthest off, he's still in his teens, but Z and Dats, the captains, are the only ones over 28!

Three years from now, here's how I view the roster based on the players currently under Detroit's control:

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Tatar

Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen

Abdelkader, Helm, Andersson

Brunner, Sheahan, Frk

Kronwall, Quincy

Kindl, Smith

DeKeyser, Ouellett

Sproul

You've got two top lines with ridiculous scoring potential and a defensively-dominant third line.  So what does this team really need next season? A dominant RW to play with Datsyuk and Zetterberg/Franzen/Abdelkader.

Edited by _SP_, 01 June 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#85 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

What do you think of a trade such as D Kyle Quincy, D Brian Lashoff, LW Rasmus Bodin, and a high draft pick to the Buffalo Sabres for RW Drew Stafford and G Matt Hackett?

The Sabres need quite a bit of help at the blue line.  Quincy instantly becomes one of their top three defenders and Lashoff gets a change of scenery. Bodin gives them a really good wing prospect.  Matt Hackett instantly becomes the Red Wings' best goaltending prospect and Stafford gets his change of scenery.

Vanek is also on a 1-year deal, with next year being the final of his large contract. He's obviously a rental at $7mil+, but it's something to consider. A Quincy/Smith-based trade could be the premise of something the Sabres would consider. They're in serious-rebuild mode.

We don't need goaltending

#86 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

We don't need goaltending

Depends on what you think of Coreau, Paterson, and McCollum... I personally think they're overrated. Beyond Howard, Gustavsson, and Mrazek, I'm seeing some question marks.  Bringing in another quality goalie like Hackett never hurts.

#87 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Depends on what you think of Coreau, Paterson, and McCollum... I personally think they're overrated. Beyond Howard, Gustavsson, and Mrazek, I'm seeing some question marks.  Bringing in another quality goalie like Hackett never hurts.

But Howard and mrazek will be our goalies for several years to come and the others are pretty well suited for the ahl. We only need a couple good goalies

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#88 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

I hear a lot of people saying Patterson will be better than mrazek.

#89 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($1.788m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($7.520m) 
Damien Brunner ($2.350m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) 
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) 
Joakim Andersson ($0.805m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.925m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) 
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) 
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) 
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.227m) 
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.650m) 
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / 
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m) 
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.600m) 
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,283,920; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,026,080

#90 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

I can't see Toots being bought out.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 02 June 2013 - 07:40 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#91 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

I would be shocked if Sammy gets bought out, even though I think he should. Holland seems to have a serious hard on for him.

#92 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Vanek is also on a 1-year deal, with next year being the final of his large contract. He's obviously a rental at $7mil+, but it's something to consider. A Quincy/Smith-based trade could be the premise of something the Sabres would consider. They're in serious-rebuild mode.  The Red Wings only have so much room for players moving up over the next 3-4 years. 

Dats, Z, Nyquist, Tatar, Quincy, Andersson, Abdelkader, Kronwall, Kindl, Smith, Brunner, DeKeyser, Helm, Sproul, Jamkrok, Ouellett, Frk, Pulkkinen. Sheahan...

That's 12 forwards and 7 defensemen that, barring a player not living up to potential, sustaining a serious injury, or an unforeseen inability for the team to re-sign them, should be around for the next few years.  Frk is the farthest off, he's still in his teens, but Z and Dats, the captains, are the only ones over 28!

Three years from now, here's how I view the roster based on the players currently under Detroit's control:

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Tatar

Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen

Abdelkader, Helm, Andersson

Brunner, Sheahan, Frk

Kronwall, Quincy

Kindl, Smith

DeKeyser, Ouellett

Sproul

You've got two top lines with ridiculous scoring potential and a defensively-dominant third line.  So what does this team really need next season? A dominant RW to play with Datsyuk and Zetterberg/Franzen/Abdelkader.

Like someone else stated, we don't need goaltending.  We have Mrazek, Patterson and now Coreau.  After next season when Monster is gone, either Mrazek or Coreau will be Jimmy's back up. The other will be in GRR with Patterson.

Considering your other trade components, I don't think Lashoff needs a change of scenery, he will be a Detroit Red Wing come October... I am, on the other hand, all for trading Q.  He played pretty well down the stretch, but if you are looking to better your team and the team you are dealing with needs a defenseman, then Q is the logical choice to trade.  BUT, you have to remember, we are moving East next season into the same division as Buffalo, so I highly doubt there will be any deals between those two teams...

As of now, our D looks like this:

Kronner, Big E

Diesel, Q

Fire, Laser

Cola, Smitty

...now, that is one too many, so you never know if one of those will be involved in a trade.  Like I said, Q will be the most obvious choice given his experience in the NHL.  Maybe, someone wants Kindl, but I think he really grew up the last week of the season and through the playoffs.  Plus he won't cost too much to re-sign either.  I guess you could trade Q for a pick, but you aren't going to be getting your 1st rounder back that is a guarantee!

Look for new trade partners this off season for sure!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#93 atte

atte

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Trade: Quincey (He is good (sometimes.) but highly overpaid. 

Buy out: Bert, Sammy

Resign: Filppula, Nyquist, Smith, Kindl, Brunner, Andersson, Cleary, Miller. 

Sign: Stalberg/Bickell/Ryder and a defensemen 

Howard - Monster

Kronwall - Big E

Smith - Dekeyser

Colaiacovo - Kindl

Quincey(Or someone new?) - Lashoff

Zetterberg - Pasha - Bickell/Stalberg/Ryder

Nyquist - Filppula - Franzen

Brunner - Helm - Cleary

Tootoo - Andersson - Abdelkader

Eaves - Emmerton - Miller 

Maybe Tatar is ready for a place in our first lineup and if, i want him to play in top 6. Otherwise i rather se him play lots in the Grand Rapids and gets called up from time to time to show what he can bring into our lineup.

#94 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

tatar is more than ready.

#95 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Trade: Quincey (He is good (sometimes.) but highly overpaid. 

Buy out: Bert, Sammy

Resign: Filppula, Nyquist, Smith, Kindl, Brunner, Andersson, Cleary, Miller. 

Sign: Stalberg/Bickell/Ryder and a defensemen 

Howard - Monster

Kronwall - Big E

Smith - Dekeyser

Colaiacovo - Kindl

Quincey(Or someone new?) - Lashoff

Zetterberg - Pasha - Bickell/Stalberg/Ryder

Nyquist - Filppula - Franzen

Brunner - Helm - Cleary

Tootoo - Andersson - Abdelkader

Eaves - Emmerton - Miller 

Maybe Tatar is ready for a place in our first lineup and if, i want him to play in top 6. Otherwise i rather se him play lots in the Grand Rapids and gets called up from time to time to show what he can bring into our lineup.

I wouldn't dismantle that third line. If anything, I would do Brunner-helm-tatar, or Brunner-helm-nyquist

I like miller, but he probably wont be re-signed

We wont get a defenseman unless we trade at least 2 away

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#96 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

speaking of the 2013 off season, the June 1st, 2013 deadline came and went to sign prospects Alan Quine and Philippe Hudon.  They can re-enter the draft if they want.  I find it kind of strange that they didn't sign Quine.  He currently sits rank #19 in their top 20 prospects...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#97 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Patterson overrated?  He's going into his last year of Jr and will no doubt be the starter for Canada at the WJC.  That's where we can start to critique Patterson against the best Jr competition and see if he'll be good to go for GR after or another ECHL spud. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#98 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Patterson overrated?  He's going into his last year of Jr and will no doubt be the starter for Canada at the WJC.  That's where we can start to critique Patterson against the best Jr competition and see if he'll be good to go for GR after or another ECHL spud. 

Just a personal observation.  I obviously don't have the experience that the Detroit scouting department has, nor the resources to speak with him on a daily/weekly basis and critique every one of his plays.  I just am making as best of an educated guess as I can, as is everyone else.

Hell, for most of us, we're all painting Tatar as a top-six forward next year... he may flame out and not be up to the NHL challenge.  Nobody knows. I just look at the roster for the next few years and see just a couple of question marks: right-handed wingers and "proven" goalies (or as proven as a prospect can get).

I am a season-ticket holder, in Toledo. I try to go to as many Walleye games a possible.  So I have a fairly good feel on most of the players that come through Toledo, but I'm simply just a fan making observations.  I would say, though, that I make logical assumptions and usually over-value other team's players in projected trades- I don't want to be seen as a person trading cupcakes for gold.

#99 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

I hear a lot of people saying Patterson will be better than mrazek.

those people are crazy

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($1.788m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($7.520m) 
Damien Brunner ($2.350m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) 
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) 
Joakim Andersson ($0.805m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.925m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) 
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) 
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) 
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.227m) 
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.650m) 
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / 
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m) 
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.600m) 
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,283,920; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,026,080

7.5 million for nathan horton?????????? man what have you been smoking lol

pass on horton 5+ we got a ton of kids coming up no need to take a chance on a guy with cuncussion problems even though he is paying great now

#100 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

those people are crazy

7.5 million for nathan horton?????????? man what have you been smoking lol

pass on horton 5+ we got a ton of kids coming up no need to take a chance on a guy with cuncussion problems even though he is paying great now

One of which is Chris Osgood lol. But its OK its easy to tell when someone hops on a certain players(mrazek) and they think he is the best thing ever in hockey. Its OK I understand.