• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECF - (4) Boston Bruins vs. (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Iginla is a great player, respected around the hockey world, and I lived in Calgary for a long time and know he's a great person. But he made the f*** up of a lifetime by spurning the Bruins and asking to go to Pittsburgh instead.

Hopefully LA can come back and beat Chicago and the finals can be 2 hard working teams, instead of talent laden whiners.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Gotta say I feel sorry for the people that think a low scoring game is boring. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole game. I have to give Crosby kudos for his hustle when he had his lid removed. He almost ended the game all by himself.

Best non-Wings game I've seen in a long time.

Guest The Axe

Gotta say I feel sorry for the people that think a low scoring game is boring. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole game. I have to give Crosby kudos for his hustle when he had his lid removed. He almost ended the game all by himself.

Agreed. On eveeything. Did you see that dude who jumped in front of Sid's shot though? That was the best shotblock Ive ever seen. I guarantee that shot was labled for upper left and would have gone in, too. 87 doesnt miss from there.

Kings need to win today but man what a game, if people think low scoring is boring...I really recommend them to rewatch this game. Bergeron once agaon captain clutch.

Agreed. On eveeything. Did you see that dude who jumped in front of Sid's shot though? That was the best shotblock Ive ever seen. I guarantee that shot was labled for upper left and would have gone in, too. 87 doesnt miss from there.

Boychuck. Then he did it again a few seconds later. Amazing

The Penguins are going to lose this series because the first 2 games they decided to be full of themselves.... I feel like the Pens have/had a lot of arrogance going into this series and let it get to their head. That's probably the best explanation of why they blew the first two games in such an awful fashion. They were busy trying to plaster guys into the 3rd row with hits, complaining to the refs at every chance possible, frustrated that they couldn't effortlessly play their game... Also Boston happens to be a very good team which is something the Penguins completely ignored or didn't respect.

For all the Pens fans that ***** about the so called Jagr "hook" that led to the GWG, they should take these factors into account:

1. Whining about everything that Boston does to you while doing basically the same stuff to them probably pisses off the refs. Can Crosby go in between two whistles without talking to them? The refs are going to let things play out, and I am sure there are calls they know they could make but won't because it isn't as black and white. Crying about it doesn't endear the anyone to the refs. This goes for any team.

2. You are in double OT, in the conference finals.... guys are dead tired, worn out, injured, etc. You go to a scrum against the boards to get the puck and you see something that might be a hook, but then realize this is double OT playoff hockey in June. Malkin got away with a hook as well and did the "chicken wing" with his arm to tie up Jagr's stick. It wasn't a clear cut hook, so the refs decided to let them play.

3. There were several noncalls that happened in both OT periods, but being the nature of the situation the refs want them to play.

4. Malkin is bad at hanging on to the puck. I remember a few games ago NBC did a short clip of footage that showed Malkin's lapses in his ability to hang on to the puck. Jagr might be 40 and a shell of his former self, but you wouldn't know that based on his OT play. He was so hungry out there and you could really see his talent show. Malkin was probably exhausted and definitely mentally frustrated.

Iginla is a great player, respected around the hockey world, and I lived in Calgary for a long time and know he's a great person. But he made the f*** up of a lifetime by spurning the Bruins and asking to go to Pittsburgh instead.

Hopefully LA can come back and beat Chicago and the finals can be 2 hard working teams, instead of talent laden whiners.

There's no telling what would happen if Iginla went to Boston.

I think it'd be a success for both, but there's still no telling how it would change their current chemistry.