• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECF - (4) Boston Bruins vs. (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Har har, I get it...the Penguins and Bettman are in cahoots. In the future if you're going to insinuate that there's some sort of league wide conspiracy in favor of a team, you should at least pick a team that wins relatively frequently. Given that Boston has been to the finals two of the last three years wouldn't they be a more logical choice to support this whole "league wants team X to win" idea? Furthermore if the league does want the Pens to win, and they still get pathetically beaten, then the conspiracy isn't worth talking about because it's so utterly unsuccessful. This Penguins/Bettman conspiracy talk is getting SOOOOOOO old.

Ditto to you.

Don't act like they don't get special treatment....maybe not so much anymore, but when they won, oh yeah, special rules apply.

Don't act like they don't get special treatment....maybe not so much anymore, but when they won, oh yeah, special rules apply.

Every team says this about every team they don't like. You're no different. You make it seem like there's some sort of scientific evidence to support this idea or something. Wanna know what Chicago fans were saying after that goal was waved off in the waning seconds of game 7? "Detroit gets special treatment from the league". It's wrong, boring, and an obvious attempt to pander to the lowest common denominator. I'd love to just ignore it, except that ever thread inevitably leads to this silly crap the second penalties, Penguins, Bettman, the league, diving, 2009, Crosby, or anything else gets brought up. Which is fairly frequently when you consider this is a hockey forum.

Sidney Crosby is the most marketable player in the NHL. Deal with it. BUT, the fact that Sidney Crosby is the most marketable player in the NHL in no way suggests that there's some sort of absurd conspiracy to make him win championships...particularly when you consider that Pittsburgh doesn't win all that many important games in the playoffs anyway. So please, just stop already. Beyond saying the same illogical thing over and over and over again, it's just boring, which is sorta worse when you consider this is supposed to be something we all do for fun.

Every team says this about every team they don't like. You're no different. You make it seem like there's some sort of scientific evidence to support this idea or something. Wanna know what Chicago fans were saying after that goal was waved off in the waning seconds of game 7? "Detroit gets special treatment from the league". It's wrong, boring, and an obvious attempt to pander to the lowest common denominator. I'd love to just ignore it, except that ever thread inevitably leads to this silly crap the second penalties, Penguins, Bettman, the league, diving, 2009, Crosby, or anything else gets brought up. Which is fairly frequently when you consider this is a hockey forum.

Sidney Crosby is the most marketable player in the NHL. Deal with it. BUT, the fact that Sidney Crosby is the most marketable player in the NHL in no way suggests that there's some sort of absurd conspiracy to make him win championships...particularly when you consider that Pittsburgh doesn't win all that many important games in the playoffs anyway. So please, just stop already. Beyond saying the same illogical thing over and over and over again, it's just boring, which is sorta worse when you consider this is supposed to be something we all do for fun.

Well said. All teams have to deal with officiating that just doesn't make sense sometimes. Can we stop trying to move the narrative to the wacky and zany? maybe just confess when things aren't going the Wings' way?

Guest Crymson

Consider these facts:

• The Penguins scored two goals in four games; this ties them for 2nd on the list for least goals ever scored in a playoff series
  • The Penguins scored zero PP goals
  • The Penguins did not have a single lead in the entire series
  • The Penguins moved more assets at the deadline than any other team

Haha.

Which is worse, getting blown up by the Flyers last season in an utterly pathetic 1st round or getting swept by the Bruins in the conference finals after trading for Iginla, Murray, and Morrow and winning a zillion games in a row this year?

They traded for Jokinen also.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

Shero is going from GM of the year to textbook example of what you can't do in the new NHL cap era.... give it a few years at most.

Penguins fans are demanding that he fire Bylsma and blow up the team.

Guest Playmaker

Shero is going from GM of the year to textbook example of what you can't do in the new NHL cap era.... give it a few years at most.

Really? Because it seems as though quite a few on here at the trade deadline were bemoaning how Holland had lost his touch, how Detroit was no longer a destination, how the Wings surely won't make the playoffs, mocking the "we like our team" line ad nauseum. So now it turns out that wasn't the case after all. Not really seeing any of the mea culpa posts. Sometimes standing pat at the trade deadline is a brilliant move. I'm hoping this all resonates this summer during free agency and at the trade deadline next year, but it likely won't.

Har har, I get it...the Penguins and Bettman are in cahoots. In the future if you're going to insinuate that there's some sort of league wide conspiracy in favor of a team, you should at least pick a team that wins relatively frequently. Given that Boston has been to the finals two of the last three years wouldn't they be a more logical choice to support this whole "league wants team X to win" idea? Furthermore if the league does want the Pens to win, and they still get pathetically beaten, then the conspiracy isn't worth talking about because it's so utterly unsuccessful. This Penguins/Bettman conspiracy talk is getting SOOOOOOO old.

Ditto to you.

Are your complaining get's old.

From TribLive, a Western PA news source:

Well, at least the Penguins did it their way.

Give 'em that much.

At least they showed the hockey world that their way was right. That all those changes and adjustments, all those strategic shifts and personnel switches, all that stuff was for losers.

Not for the mighty Penguins.

Not for the franchise that's now — say it with me — the NHL's four-time defending paper champion after getting swept out of the Eastern Conference final by slinking away silently to the Bruins, 1-0, Friday night at TD Garden.

Silently and stubbornly and stupidly, right to the end.

Complete story

I'm not sure why I get so much satisfaction from this. :w00t: Don't care either.

Really? Because it seems as though quite a few on here at the trade deadline were bemoaning how Holland had lost his touch, how Detroit was no longer a destination, how the Wings surely won't make the playoffs, mocking the "we like our team" line ad nauseum. So now it turns out that wasn't the case after all. Not really seeing any of the mea culpa posts. Sometimes standing pat at the trade deadline is a brilliant move. I'm hoping this all resonates this summer during free agency and at the trade deadline next year, but it likely won't.

I think Babcock and injuries leading to opportunities deserve more credit than Holland. At least regarding Holland's recent moves. The kids getting to play as much as they did was not his plan. The Tootoo deal is overpayment/too long a term. The Samuelsson deal wasn't great either. Also remember he was interested in Jagr at the deadline, but it got too expensive. So Holland was exploring giving up assets for a rental.

More to the topic, that Chara glove save on Malkin at the ends was nuts.

There's a great gif of it but I can't find one that's easy to post here.

Wow, I just watched it for the first time. Talk about having no puck luck, Chara wasn't even looking at Malkin when he did it. I guess you make your own breaks in this league, but damn.

Guest The Axe

I am still a Holland critic, but I do have to eat my crow a little bit on the farm system. At the beginning of the year, I thought our prospects were junk, but my opinion has changed on that. Our prospects, in general, are not great, but they are at least good.

I agree with what Harold says about the bad signings, though. Injuries are the reason Babcock was able to put a good squad together this year. That doesnt speak well for Kenny.

It was an amazing save and blind luck.

Absolutely. It was just lying out and not giving up on the play.

Right after he makes the save, one of his own players clips him in the head and he seems stunned, not even realizing he has the puck. Then another Bruin skates by in front of the net and Chara crosschecks him out of the crease before he can even tell it's his own guy. :lol:

Total chaos at the end.

I'm sure I'll hate Chara when the Wings move East, but he's a great defenseman.

The team exceeded expectations in spite of Holland's offseason and deadline lameness. Pitt losing in the ECF proves nothing as they still went deeper than Detroit. Nice try though.

esteef

Absolutely. It was just lying out and not giving up on the play.

Right after he makes the save, one of his own players clips him in the head and he seems stunned, not even realizing he has the puck. Then another Bruin skates by in front of the net and Chara crosschecks him out of the crease before he can even tell it's his own guy. :lol:

Total chaos at the end.

I'm sure I'll hate Chara when the Wings move East, but he's a great defenseman.

He made a good block also during that shift.

Am I the only one who was laughing when Malkin missed the puck on the one-timer?

Guest DeGraa55

Heck of a finish a and I never thought go bruins would come out of my mouth. Unfortunately next round it will again.