• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#201 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Really great hockey game. Might be the best of the playoffs. Both goalies stood on there heads. Really happy the Bruins have a commanding 3-0 lead. Go Bruins

IPB Image

#202 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

Iginla is a great player, respected around the hockey world, and I lived in Calgary for a long time and know he's a great person. But he made the f*** up of a lifetime by spurning the Bruins and asking to go to Pittsburgh instead.

Hopefully LA can come back and beat Chicago and the finals can be 2 hard working teams, instead of talent laden whiners.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 06 June 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#203 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

The Bruins are simply spot on.Saving the best hockey for the Ot's after been outplayed for the most of the regular time,very impressive.

Crosby's best Selke winner like game didn't help Penguins either and I love it :lol:

#204 heinz57

heinz57

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

http://www.cbssports...done-for-season

Impressive, to say the least.

#205 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Gotta say I feel sorry for the people that think a low scoring game is boring. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole game. I have to give Crosby kudos for his hustle when he had his lid removed. He almost ended the game all by himself.

Best non-Wings game I've seen in a long time.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#206 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Gotta say I feel sorry for the people that think a low scoring game is boring. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole game. I have to give Crosby kudos for his hustle when he had his lid removed. He almost ended the game all by himself.

Agreed. On eveeything. Did you see that dude who jumped in front of Sid's shot though? That was the best shotblock Ive ever seen. I guarantee that shot was labled for upper left and would have gone in, too. 87 doesnt miss from there.

#207 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Kings need to win today but man what a game, if people think low scoring is boring...I really recommend them to rewatch this game. Bergeron once agaon captain clutch.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#208 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Agreed. On eveeything. Did you see that dude who jumped in front of Sid's shot though? That was the best shotblock Ive ever seen. I guarantee that shot was labled for upper left and would have gone in, too. 87 doesnt miss from there.

Boychuck. Then he did it again a few seconds later. Amazing

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#209 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

The Penguins are going to lose this series because the first 2 games they decided to be full of themselves.... I feel like the Pens have/had a lot of arrogance going into this series and let it get to their head. That's probably the best explanation of why they blew the first two games in such an awful fashion. They were busy trying to plaster guys into the 3rd row with hits, complaining to the refs at every chance possible, frustrated that they couldn't effortlessly play their game... Also Boston happens to be a very good team which is something the Penguins completely ignored or didn't respect.

For all the Pens fans that ***** about the so called Jagr "hook" that led to the GWG, they should take these factors into account:

1. Whining about everything that Boston does to you while doing basically the same stuff to them probably pisses off the refs. Can Crosby go in between two whistles without talking to them? The refs are going to let things play out, and I am sure there are calls they know they could make but won't because it isn't as black and white. Crying about it doesn't endear the anyone to the refs. This goes for any team.

2. You are in double OT, in the conference finals.... guys are dead tired, worn out, injured, etc. You go to a scrum against the boards to get the puck and you see something that might be a hook, but then realize this is double OT playoff hockey in June. Malkin got away with a hook as well and did the "chicken wing" with his arm to tie up Jagr's stick. It wasn't a clear cut hook, so the refs decided to let them play.

3. There were several noncalls that happened in both OT periods, but being the nature of the situation the refs want them to play.

4. Malkin is bad at hanging on to the puck. I remember a few games ago NBC did a short clip of footage that showed Malkin's lapses in his ability to hang on to the puck. Jagr might be 40 and a shell of his former self, but you wouldn't know that based on his OT play. He was so hungry out there and you could really see his talent show. Malkin was probably exhausted and definitely mentally frustrated.

40 for life.

#210 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Way to go Boston! 3 down 1 more to go!

#211 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Iginla is a great player, respected around the hockey world, and I lived in Calgary for a long time and know he's a great person. But he made the f*** up of a lifetime by spurning the Bruins and asking to go to Pittsburgh instead.

Hopefully LA can come back and beat Chicago and the finals can be 2 hard working teams, instead of talent laden whiners.

There's no telling what would happen if Iginla went to Boston.

I think it'd be a success for both, but there's still no telling how it would change their current chemistry.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#212 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Do you think if Boston wins the cup, Jagr sends a nice fruit basket to Iginla?

#213 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Do you think if Boston wins the cup, Jagr sends a nice fruit basket to Iginla?

I'd love to see Jagr back in the Finals.

Has any player gone that long without Finals appearances?  Has to be a record I would think.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#214 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Badass move by Campbell. A great testament to the toughness of hockey players, while NBA players break a fingernail and miss the next three weeks. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#215 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Has Jagr done anything this playoffs minus a few assists?

IMO sort of a waste of space on the Boston roster and they didn't need him.

#216 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Lol at NBCSN sucking Crosby's dick after that Paille "hit". It's so sickening to listen to.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#217 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

ziiiing

#218 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Seabass!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#219 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Come on Boston! Epic fail if Pittsburgh gets swept after all the trades at the deadline.

#220 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Tuuuuuukkkkkkaaaaaa :w00t:

Gonna grab the next beer and enjoy