#241 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

You have no idea...

Unfortunately I do...  :no:

One of those things that make you wonder if ignorance really is bliss, haha. 

#242 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Malkin and Crosby go pointless in the series.  That would make them inconsistent scorers.  Will they be bought out?

#243 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oh...and disco Dan is done there me thinks

#244 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

sweep22.gif

#245 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Malkin and Crosby go pointless in the series.  That would make them inconsistent scorers.  Will they be bought out?

Is Mario going to sell his house with tenant?

#246 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

sweep22.gif

HA!

Were they marching towards the refs and Uncle Gary? 

#247 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Lol Iginla

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#248 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

:D I just love watching the Pengwhines lose!  But, but, Uncle Gary, you told me I would win 7 Cups in a row!

Now Dallas is laughing out loud! They stole Joe Morrow from them and it didn't even help the Pens...

Oh, ya, Jerome, remember when you turned down that trade to the Bruins? I bet the Bruins are very happy you did!

Edited by LeftWinger, 07 June 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#249 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Oh...and disco Dan is done there me thinks

If so then I kind of hope they hire Tortorella because that would be so funny on so many levels. 

Unless they actually end up winning with him, then I'm just a jackass.  Well I'm that too anyways but still...  Where was I?  Oh yeah, Pens suck!

#250 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

HA!

Were they marching towards the refs and Uncle Gary? 

Har har, I get it...the Penguins and Bettman are in cahoots.  In the future if you're going to insinuate that there's some sort of league wide conspiracy in favor of a team, you should at least pick a team that wins relatively frequently.  Given that Boston has been to the finals two of the last three years wouldn't they be a more logical choice to support this whole "league wants team X to win" idea?  Furthermore if the league does want the Pens to win, and they still get pathetically beaten, then the conspiracy isn't worth talking about because it's so utterly unsuccessful. This Penguins/Bettman conspiracy talk is getting SOOOOOOO old. 

:D I just love watching the Pengwhines lose!  But, but, Uncle Gary, you told me I would win 7 Cups in a row!

Ditto to you.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#251 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

you know what i like the most from all this sweep thing? - shero nomination for gm-of-the-year award ...

LMAO !!

#252 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Har har, I get it...the Penguins and Bettman are in cahoots.  In the future if you're going to insinuate that there's some sort of league wide conspiracy in favor of a team, you should at least pick a team that wins relatively frequently.  Given that Boston has been to the finals two of the last three years wouldn't they be a more logical choice to support this whole "league wants team X to win" idea?  Furthermore if the league does want the Pens to win, and they still get pathetically beaten, then the conspiracy isn't worth talking about because it's so utterly unsuccessful. This Penguins/Bettman conspiracy talk is getting SOOOOOOO old. 

Ditto to you.

Don't act like they don't get special treatment....maybe not so much anymore, but when they won, oh yeah, special rules apply. 

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#253 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

Don't act like they don't get special treatment....maybe not so much anymore, but when they won, oh yeah, special rules apply. 

Every team says this about every team they don't like.  You're no different.  You make it seem like there's some sort of scientific evidence to support this idea or something.  Wanna know what Chicago fans were saying after that goal was waved off in the waning seconds of game 7?  "Detroit gets special treatment from the league".  It's wrong, boring, and an obvious attempt to pander to the lowest common denominator.  I'd love to just ignore it, except that ever thread inevitably leads to this silly crap the second penalties, Penguins, Bettman, the league, diving, 2009, Crosby, or anything else gets brought up.  Which is fairly frequently when you consider this is a hockey forum. 

Sidney Crosby is the most marketable player in the NHL.  Deal with it.  BUT, the fact that Sidney Crosby is the most marketable player in the NHL in no way suggests that there's some sort of absurd conspiracy to make him win championships...particularly when you consider that Pittsburgh doesn't win all that many important games in the playoffs anyway.  So please, just stop already.  Beyond saying the same illogical thing over and over and over again, it's just boring, which is sorta worse when you consider this is supposed to be something we all do for fun. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#254 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

CrosbyCrying.gif

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#255 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

I really enjoyed the series.  Fast, physical & the Pens lost. 

#256 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

Shero sure did school Kenny and the rwst of the NHl!!!

I hate boston less than the Hawks so if no Kings I hope for a Bruins sweep of the Hawks!!

#257 OctopiDetroit

OctopiDetroit

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Every team says this about every team they don't like.  You're no different.  You make it seem like there's some sort of scientific evidence to support this idea or something.  Wanna know what Chicago fans were saying after that goal was waved off in the waning seconds of game 7?  "Detroit gets special treatment from the league".  It's wrong, boring, and an obvious attempt to pander to the lowest common denominator.  I'd love to just ignore it, except that ever thread inevitably leads to this silly crap the second penalties, Penguins, Bettman, the league, diving, 2009, Crosby, or anything else gets brought up.  Which is fairly frequently when you consider this is a hockey forum. 

Sidney Crosby is the most marketable player in the NHL.  Deal with it.  BUT, the fact that Sidney Crosby is the most marketable player in the NHL in no way suggests that there's some sort of absurd conspiracy to make him win championships...particularly when you consider that Pittsburgh doesn't win all that many important games in the playoffs anyway.  So please, just stop already.  Beyond saying the same illogical thing over and over and over again, it's just boring, which is sorta worse when you consider this is supposed to be something we all do for fun. 

Well said. All teams have to deal with officiating that just doesn't make sense sometimes. Can we stop trying to move the narrative to the wacky and zany? maybe just confess when things aren't going the Wings' way? 

#258 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

That performance by the best player in the galaxy was awesome. What leadership.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#259 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Consider these facts:

• The Penguins scored two goals in four games; this ties them for 2nd on the list for least goals ever scored in a playoff series

• The Penguins scored zero PP goals

• The Penguins did not have a single lead in the entire series

• The Penguins moved more assets at the deadline than any other team

Haha.

Which is worse, getting blown up by the Flyers last season in an utterly pathetic 1st round or getting swept by the Bruins in the conference finals after trading for Iginla, Murray, and Morrow and winning a zillion games in a row this year?

They traded for Jokinen also.

Edited by Crymson, 08 June 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#260 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Shero is going from GM of the year to textbook example of what you can't do in the new NHL cap era.... give it a few years at most.

40 for life.