• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#281 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

I am sure uncle NHL is still crying over the fact, that their team has lost in four games with an oustanding amount of 2 goals scored lol

Edited by frankgrimes, 09 June 2013 - 09:34 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#282 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

I am sure uncle NHL is still crying over the fact, that their team has lost in four games with an oustanding amount of 2 goals scored lol

That's probably why Daly presented the Campbell Cup last night, not Uncle Gary... He was still crying somewhere.

#283 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Thoughts:

1. Two goals. Two goals.

2. LOL @ Iginla.

3.  My big thing every season: I want to see the 1) Red Wings win and 2) Penguins lose. In that order. So this almost (almost) makes up for our epic choke job. (Not really, though.)

4. Honestly, I'll be pretty surprised if Bylsma gets the boot. He seems like a good guy and a good coach, one who still has the hearts and minds and ears and respect of his troops (for the most part). It's just, the troops dropped the ball. Again.

5. Then agan, Kris Letang - generally regarded as the best defenseman to ever play the game - had this to say:

"They play really well defensively and we didn’t manage to score goals," he said. "The goalie played really well, and some of the bounces didn’t go our way. But they’re a good team, and they move on and we’re not. So that’s the end of the story."

Long story short, the Penguins still don't believe in Team D. If they have to play a ridiculously tight series, they're pretty much screwed. And maybe that's on Disco Dan.

6. I can't really say Shero screwed up. Because, come on, he didn't. But then, maybe he did. If so, his mistake was trying to be all Holland-circa-'02 in an age when you really can't go all Holland-circa-'02. What a lot of people don't seem to understand/remember about our Cup-winning "All-Star Team" was that, for all the talent and skill and experience and know-how we had, we really struggled at times. I feel like anything short of what Holland did would've resulted in crushing disappointment. Point being, if you're gonna go for it, you have to go for it. 70 future Hallers isn't enough, you need at least 89. (We had 92.) Of course, like I said, that's not possible in this day and age. So, yeah.

7. The Bruins have really impressed me. Their big issue has been that they, like us, are a very Jekyll/Hyde team. Take note, Wings.

8. LOL @ Iginla.

There was more, but I can't remember.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#284 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

I honestly didn't the the Pens were going to get swept. Glad they did though!

IPB Image

#285 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,602 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Saw this at the score dot com:

CrosbyCarton.jpg

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#286 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

I was surprised at how good of an actual player Marchand is. Props!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#287 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

I was surprised at how good of an actual player Marchand is. Props!

esteef

I wonder if Landon Ferraro has it in him to play like Marchand.  From what I've seen, which is admittedly a small sample, they play a similar style of game. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#288 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

I wonder if Landon Ferraro has it in him to play like Marchand.  From what I've seen, which is admittedly a small sample, they play a similar style of game. 

The skill part, or overall?  I hadn't heard that Ferraro could be a pest, but if so that would be a nice element.

#289 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

The skill part, or overall?  I hadn't heard that Ferraro could be a pest, but if so that would be a nice element.

Yeah I guess that's true, he's a bit more like Helm with scoring ability than he is pesty like Marchand.  Still, I think it's fair to call Helm a pest (between the whistles).  I'd take it if that's how he pans out. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."