#141 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

That 1st goal Fleury allowed....lol

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#142 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

That 1st goal Fleury allowed....lol

Although I really hate both, it's just LOL, I am sur the media, uncle NHL and all the other Pens bandwagoners are still shocked now.

Totally worth trading away the future for some scrubs *rofl*

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#143 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

*edit*

Nevermind.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 04 June 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#144 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

It's funny to me how we are cheering them now, but Boston may turn out to be our biggest rival next year.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend :)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#145 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

seems like the pens acquisitions hurt them more than helped them. they are a speed and skill team. murray iginla and morrow are out of place on that team.

#146 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

So did anyone else laugh when Pierre was asked who should start Game 3, he said Fleury and then like 2 seconds later Boychuk blasted one past him? lol  Unless they want this series to be over quick, they need to stick with Vokoun.  In the regular season, he was solid against the B's and I think he just had a bad night last night, not to mention the defense is terrible and Fleury looked like he was in his Isles/Flyers form for those two periods.

With Pittsburgh NEEDING to win two games in Boston, I have really hard time seeing them making it to the Finals now.  They needed to win Game 2 and they get blown out 6-1.  That speaks volumes about this series.

#147 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

So did anyone else laugh when Pierre was asked who should start Game 3, he said Fleury and then like 2 seconds later Boychuk blasted one past him? lol  Unless they want this series to be over quick, they need to stick with Vokoun.  In the regular season, he was solid against the B's and I think he just had a bad night last night, not to mention the defense is terrible and Fleury looked like he was in his Isles/Flyers form for those two periods.

With Pittsburgh NEEDING to win two games in Boston, I have really hard time seeing them making it to the Finals now.  They needed to win Game 2 and they get blown out 6-1.  That speaks volumes about this series.

I've been telling people at work all along that the B's are the only team in the East that could take those chumps down and they all tell me "no, they barely got by the Leafs.  The Pens are gonna win the Cup easy".  They barely got by a much improved Leafs team that made the playoffs for the first time since 2 CBA's ago.  They were fired up and they played great minus a collapse.  The Wings barely got by the Ducks and then Hawks barely got by the Wings and now the Hawks are eating the defending champs for breakfast.  What a messed up game we love. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#148 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

This is great!! Cooke useless. Love that the Bruins are destroying Uncle Gary's team

IPB Image

#149 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Speaking of the Pens losing at home, today is the 5 year anniversary of when we captured our 11th Stanley Cup in Pittsburgh aka the best sports moment of my life!

:champs:

#150 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Man fehlst like it Haß beendet freier sich the Wind habe ein a cup, oh the Gold oder Memoiren. Messing this timestamp a lot

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#151 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

lol @  iginla screwing over Boston, karma sucks buddy.

Speaking of the Pens losing at home, today is the 5 year anniversary of when we captured our 11th Stanley Cup in Pittsburgh aka the best sports moment of my life!

:champs:

also marks the 4 year anniversary of the worst sports moment of my life... :(

#152 chuckdee

chuckdee

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

this will be a very entertaining fun series.

pens in 6 or 7.

cant wait!

Break out the brooms.  Boston is man handling the Pens.  

#153 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

I doubt Boston is going to lose this series. Most of the Bruins on the team have lost a series being up 3-0 before, they have come back from being down 3 goals in a Game 7 with less than 10 minutes to go.... They know better than anyone not to let up at all. Penguins are going to work really hard to win Game 3, but if they fail it is lights out for them. The first half of the first game was good for the Penguins, other than that it hasn't even been a contest.

Now I get to listen to NBC supporting the Pens telling us all how they can come back, etc, etc etc.

And now, some fun news: http://ftw.usatoday....y-is-a-crybaby/

40 for life.

#154 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

My daughter mentioned to me that a plane with Boston media heading back to Boston heard a baby crying in the back and then the pilot coming on the PA asking why Sidney Crosby was on the plane.  Don't know if it's true :lol:

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 04 June 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#155 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Many keep praise on B's forwards,but Chara and Seindenberg impressed me the most.

#156 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Many keep praise on B's forwards,but Chara and Seindenberg impressed me the most.

The forwards coming back to support the breakout as well as getting back defensively to backcheck has been a thing of beauty.  Excellent defensive job by the B's as a whole so far.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#157 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

lol @  iginla screwing over Boston, karma sucks buddy.

also marks the 4 year anniversary of the worst sports moment of my life... :(

whammy-anchroman-shirt-700x700.jpg

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#158 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Oh, my God, I LOL'd when I saw this in my Twitter feed.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#159 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Boston is like a walking zombie, terrorizing the NHL right now.  

Down two goals with a minute and a half left against the Leafs, they shouldn't even be alive right now.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#160 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

971329_166394316872687_1030855960_n.jpg