• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECF - (4) Boston Bruins vs. (1) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

It was brutal. During the winning goal replays, it was nothing but excuses on why Boston is lucky.

That's funny, Mike Milbury said exactly the same thing "Could have gone either way, but Boston got lucky."

Gotta respect the effort by both teams in this one.

-Campbell's penalty kill (which may have been his last shift in these playoffs) was incredible

- Crosby was playing like a man posessed on that shift in 2nd OT. He came very close to winning the game himself. Except...

- Johnny Boychuck made 2 insane diving blocks to prevent Crosby from ending the game and making this a series.

- The goalies were incredible tonight. Both of them. Rask has officially proven that he can be a playoff goalie. He's proven that he has grown a ton since that debacle in 2010

Maybe the best game of the playoffs so far.

Looking forward to teaching these teams a lesson or two in the east next year!

Not really our line in this script as it's really the Wings who need to learn from these two teams but I appreciate the enthusiasm.

They'll teach us what its like to play eastern conference hockey. We'll teach them how it works out west.

I was at Friday's for trivia tonight. When I saw the final goal for the win I hooted and shouted "suck it crosby!" The look the man in the next booth was exactly like this..

That trade not looking so hot now, eh Jarome?

Oh geez, you mean he could have been a Bruin? Instead all his tweets end with #Crosbysballsonmychiginla

It's not Iginla's fault that he shouldn't be used on any other line than with Cindy, since he can't do anything without being set up anymore....

Not since he joined the Pens and changed from black stick tape to white. You don't just switch stick tape colours and expect to be the same player. My Iginla Flames shirt is going to the salvation army. He is no longer human the moment he put on that jersey.

Great performance by the Pens last night. They played like a desperate team, but unfortunately for them, it wasn't enough. If they had played like this in the first two games, it probably wouldn't be 3-0 right now. Malkin was strong all night, but didn't score. Vokoun was much better, but gave up more goals than his counterpart. People are saying that Crosby is hurt which is why he's so ineffective in this series. No, I think Crosby's problem is that he's getting swarmed every time he touches the puck by B's defenders. This isn't the Islanders. He's not going to have all that open space against the Bruins especially in Boston where they can get the match ups they want.

That's funny, Mike Milbury said exactly the same thing "Could have gone either way, but Boston got lucky."

Funny he didn't say that during Hawks-Wings game 7 OT post game analysis.

And Hawk's goal was pure luck, whereas, Bruins worked to set up a play along boards and a perfect pass-shot/deflect. Way more skill than luck.

Edited by Rhah