• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dobbles

Who can be sent down to help the Griffins?

Rate this topic

Sorry if this is deemed to be the wrong place for this, but wanted to ask.

With the Griffins still in the AHL playoffs, who can we send down to bolster the roster? I recall that we wasted all of our post deadline roster transactions on a few players so that they would be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Am I wrong in how I am remembering things?

Pretty sure it was Nyquist, Andersson, DeKeyser and Lashoff. Obviously Lash is down there now, I'd expect the other 3 to go down and help out, god knows they'll be hungry. Not sure what DeKeyser's status is right now, but even just going down and practicing would be good for him.

I'd have to imagine that if Dekeyser is cleared to play and the Griffins are still going he'd be sent there as well. He pretty much started his season a few weeks before the playoffs, so more ice-time at a bigger level with good competition should be a learning experience that I'm sure the club wants him exposed to.

OKC is giving them a hard time right now, so it'll be interesting to see how they look tomorrow.

Game time is 8pm ET.

Love seeing young guys get extra playing time and must admit I don't know the rules, but it seems pretty cheap that you can send guys down mid series... even in between series seems like cheating. But I'll take whatever the rules allow...

Love seeing young guys get extra playing time and must admit I don't know the rules, but it seems pretty cheap that you can send guys down mid series... even in between series seems like cheating. But I'll take whatever the rules allow...

This is the exact reason for the "paper transactions" that occurred when the Red Wings sent Lashoff, Nyquist, Andersson, and DeKeyser down and immediately called them back up.

This is the exact reason for the "paper transactions" that occurred when the Red Wings sent Lashoff, Nyquist, Andersson, and DeKeyser down and immediately called them back up.

Yeah.

And by "cheating" I meant more like being a bit unfair for the opponent of the team in the AHL playoffs. But, I am only commenting, like I said, if the rules allow then do it because its all about these guys progression and experience for the mother team.

Guest The Axe

OKC and Grand Rapids kicking ass = Detroit and Edmonton kicking ass soon. I like Detroit/Edmonton games the best already. We always look good on clean, fast ice.

Yeah.

And by "cheating" I meant more like being a bit unfair for the opponent of the team in the AHL playoffs. But, I am only commenting, like I said, if the rules allow then do it because its all about these guys progression and experience for the mother team.

Absolutely. The AHL puts development first, competition in second by a hair.