• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

It looks like a Stanley cup final between the hawks and penguins is all but inevitable. If this nightmare scenario comes to fruition who do you root for? I know that I'll be cheering for the kings and bruins, but I feel like neither team has a real chance. I know... That's why they play the game, but does anyone really think that either the bruins or kings are better than their respective opponents?

#2 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

It looks like a Stanley cup final between the hawks and penguins is all but inevitable. If this nightmare scenario comes to fruition who do you root for? I know that I'll be cheering for the kings and bruins, but I feel like neither team has a real chance. I know... That's why they play the game, but does anyone really think that either the bruins or kings are better than their respective opponents?

LA has a huge advantage in goaltending. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#3 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

I think that the bruins have a pretty good chance. It depends on Rask playing a good series though. I just don't know if the pens can handle the physicality of a series vs boston... or maybe I'm just being too optimistic  :confused: 

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#4 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Kings and Bruins have a legit chance.

#5 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Yes, the Kings are actually better than the Blackhawks. To me, the Bruins/Penguins will be extremely even as well. Also, the better team doesn't always win a series. Nobody, and I mean nobody, gave the Red Wings a real chance to win the series, and they nearly did. If it comes down to Chicago and Pittsburgh, I'd have to swallow the bitter pill and the the Blackhawks, I never want Crosby to win another Cup again.

#6 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'm with the OP and most others here, Go Kings and Go Bruins. Doubt either will hoist the cup, but at least there's some hope

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#7 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

A final between Chicago and Pittsburgh.  What do I choose?

A bullet.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#8 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

I'm pretty confident that the Pens won't win it all. They're just too one-dimensional.

#9 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Yep Kings are better, their D is scoring more frequently, they are bigger and hit harder with just as much in the skill department as the Hawks. Quick is better than Crawford "big time jerry"

#10 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

I am confident that the Kings can beat Chicago, and I think that Boston has a good chance of beating the Penguins. I am hoping for a Kings and Bruins final.

#11 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Safe to say that I have no interest in the playoffs now? I mean I will see who wins and all but probably won't watch any games. Don't care for any of the teams but if I was to pick I think it would be Bruins.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Safe to say that I have no interest in the playoffs now? I mean I will see who wins and all but probably won't watch any games. Don't care for any of the teams but if I was to pick I think it would be Bruins.

I don't care either.

Pre 2005 lockout, I watched all the playoffs religiously.  Now, I can care less.  I may flip the channels from time to time.  Hardly watched the Finals at all last year.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yeah. This is the type of year when all the half-assed hockey fans and morons do well in hockey pools.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#14 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

As far as i'm concerned the playoffs ended tonight and it's officially baseball season. That's about how much I care about the remaining 4 teams competing for the cup. I don't care who wins because all have taken it recently and don't necessarily like any of them all that much. Kings/Bruins is the lesser of two evils but my give-a-damner is floored.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#15 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Tomas Vokoun vs Tuukka Rask

Vokoun has played well so far, but he's a backup for a reason. Tuukka Rask is 1 of 3 goalies to ever let a team come back from being down 0-3 to win a series 4-3. My pick is the Bruins, Vokoun can only look this solid for so long

#16 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

By teams I dislike least Kings - Bruins - Pens - Hawks

If it comes down to Pens - Hawks at least I can root for Iginla/Vokoun.

#17 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

It looks like a Stanley cup final between the hawks and penguins is all but inevitable. If this nightmare scenario comes to fruition who do you root for?

The Tigers.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#18 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

I could see the Bruins beating the Pens but I dont think it will happen. I think whoever wins the west is going to win it all, I'm still not sold on Pittsburgh's defense and they havent played anyone yet. The East is so weak this year.

#19 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

The Wings are the last team to win back to back cups. I don't want that to end this year.

#20 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

The Kings are going to steamroll the Hawks. I'm not saying that in a sour grapes way. The Wings would have gotten steamrolled by the Kings too

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg