• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Greek

The ugly elephant in the room

Rate this topic

I don't see the relevance of the social commentary.

Then, I can't help you there...

My point, to make it more clear, is if you dislike both teams, then why in the hell would you choose to root for one of them/give them your support?

Edited by sleepwalker

I think we could've beat anyone the way we went up 3 games to 1 on Chicago. I think we definitely could've beat LA if we brought the intensity every game. I think the refereeing in Game 6 sealed our fate. We'll get em next year with a younger, non floating, rejuvenated group.

Edited by GoWings!

As far as i'm concerned the playoffs ended tonight and it's officially baseball season. That's about how much I care about the remaining 4 teams competing for the cup. I don't care who wins because all have taken it recently and don't necessarily like any of them all that much. Kings/Bruins is the lesser of two evils but my give-a-damner is floored.

This After watching the last 3 games in this series and how they played out ( bs ps and all ) I just am sick of the NHL for a few months

I was hoping the Sharks beat LA in case the Wings ended up losing to Chicago. Then I would've cheered for Sharks since they haven't won a cup yet and LA wouldn't win back to back cups, I want Wings to hold that honor. I don't want any of the remaining teams to win the cup since they all have won it all recently and dammit the Wings are the dynasty team. I lose interest once the Wings are knocked out. Pittsburg Vs. Chicago final....might as well ask me which brother I like better, Lyle or Erik Menendez.

Yeah, the underlying premise of this thread is flawed because most people consider the Kings to be a favorite in this series. You can forget about the President's trophy or how the teams played in February. The Hawks sleepwalked through the first half of this season, and got within an OT goal of being eliminated by a Detroit team that probably shouldn't have hung with them. Quick's probably the best goaltender in the playoffs, so I'll consider them a favorite until proven otherwise.

I feel like Pittsburgh has best offense and it's not even close. Their defense is inconsistent, at best, and Doug Murray, at worst. They would have lost to the Islanders with Fleury in goal, but Vokoun has been stable enough. But I don't think he can "steal" a game or two, which you'll need him to do against better teams.

Guest The Axe

Ugh...suppose I hate the Kings the least, although all 4 are a bunch of whiny divers, so who gives a rat's ass really

Also, any respect I had for Toews is now gone after the series, what a *****

I know! I didnt think it was possible for me to like Kane more and Toews less. Yep. It was.

Then, I can't help you there...

My point, to make it more clear, is if you dislike both teams, then why in the hell would you choose to root for one of them/give them your support?

Spare me the condescension. I'm well aware of the point your were trying to make, I just thought it was stupid. Firstly , our society is no more polarized than it has been in the past. Secondly, this is a hockey forum, not a sociological round-table. Edited by The Greek

I am pulling for Boston to win the cup this year because they are my cousin's team and he passed away last year.

I am really itching for LA to beat up the Hawks. I hope they do. Not as a bitter Detroit fan, but, because Chicago had games handed to them in the series, especially game 6. That penalty shot will forever be etched in my mind as one of the worst calls I have ever seen. What an absolute joke. On top of that, a lot of Hawks fans reacted like a bunch of immature bishes. Again, this is not a bitter Detroit fan talking, I am disappointed with the outcome, however, proud as hell of our playoff run, but, Chicago is the #1 team and Detroit gave them a run for their money. All this DETROIT SUCKS s***, really? They are the 7th seed team that made this a 7 game series, and all because of bulls*** officiating. Detroit deserves a lot of credit for what they did in the playoffs, whether you are a fan or not.

Game 6 was ours and the refs gave it away.

So, I guess most of you have never watched a Super Bowl since the Lions aren't in it? Wings fans = hockey fan? I guess not.

LA will beat Chicago handily and it will increase the bitterness of our dregs to see them do it. Why? How? Because unlike Detroit, LA players and coaches alike will show up and show us how it's done.