• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

If it comes down to those two, I pick baseball. I'm hoping the Bruins win it, that's my dad's team.

#22 Davy

Davy

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

As said before the season finished tonight. I'll probably see some updates on social media but I'll not be going looking for them. Roll on 1st July.

#23 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

It looks like a Stanley cup final between the hawks and penguins is all but inevitable. If this nightmare scenario comes to fruition who do you root for? I know that I'll be cheering for the kings and bruins, but I feel like neither team has a real chance. I know... That's why they play the game, but does anyone really think that either the bruins or kings are better than their respective opponents?

I won't be watching hockey.  Simple as that.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#24 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

The ugly elephant in the room is that Datsyuk looked old tonite.

There, I said it.

#25 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

It will be bruins and Kings... Kings will toybox hawks... And Penguins are great offensively but remember they still Havnt played one good team yet... Bruins should crush them...

#26 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hawks have the officials. Power plays in 3rd for Wings = ZERO.

#27 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

Wings played the Kings tough all year and they havnt looked that great in these playoffs.  Certainly not close to last year.  Hawks are the better team IMO.

Posted Image

#28 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

If it comes down to Chi and Pit, i'll root for Pit, they will always be my second favorite team even if Crosby is a whiny *****, hes got talent. Im a huge fan of Letang and Malkin, Neal is good too. Plus i wanna see Iginla hoist the cup. I never wanna see Kane or Toews lift the cup ever again.

#29 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

If it comes down to Chicago and Pittsburgh, I'd have to swallow the bitter pill and the the Blackhawks, I never want Crosby to win another Cup again.

This.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#30 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think they'll both be close but LA has a legit chance to repeat.. And I'd love to see it ha. Kings over the pens in 6

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#31 w00p33

w00p33

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

The hockey purist in me says Bruins/Hawks (o-6 mathup) but the TV hockey fan says Kings/Pens, it seems the more exciting choice... (I love watching Quick play)

#32 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

I want to see Bruins and Kings, NBC probably wants Hawks and Pens (they have an outdoor game next year) but, we'll  probably end up seeing Chicago and Boston.  

#33 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

The ugly elephant in the room is that Datsyuk looked old tonite.

There, I said it.

I was thinking the same thing while watching last night's game. He was at 3/4 speed all night except for a few takeaways on the forecheck. I hope for our sake he was playing with an injury and not playing with a lack of heart.

Edited by turbowhistle86, 30 May 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#34 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

The Wings are the last team to win back to back cups. I don't want that to end this year.

This is where I am exactly.

The Kings are the only team left that I actually like.  I'll tolerate Chicago, maybe the Bruins for Jagr if he grows a mullet, but I like the Kings.

The problem with them winning it is that no matter who wins the Cup, the next season someone (usually Emerick) says something like, "______________ will be trying to be the first to repeat since the Detroit Red Wings did it in 97-98."

That always fills me with such pride that I don't want the Kings to win this year.

But I guess it's better than the other teams winning.

#35 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

ya I think the kings are gonna take out the hawks.

kings are who im rooting for now.
naked is a state of mind

#36 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Red Wings are out so who FN cares. I wont give them the TV ratings.

If it comes down to Chi and Pit, i'll root for Pit, they will always be my second favorite team even if Crosby is a whiny *****, hes got talent. Im a huge fan of Letang and Malkin, Neal is good too. Plus i wanna see Iginla hoist the cup. I never wanna see Kane or Toews lift the cup ever again.

I might actually agree with you that on. Where I differ is I don't like Shaw and Bickell. I don't like seeing disrespectful punks win.

#37 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Kings are capable of tight-checking style that won the Wings 3 straight games this series, while having a bit more experienced D and by far the hottest goaltender. Boston has the firepower to beat the Pens at their own game and there is always the size/physicality advantage if they play smart.

Either way, I have varying degrees of hatred for all 4 teams still in it. Either way, it will be a tough pill to swallow.

#38 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

This is the last time i can say this. The Bruins are my Eastern team (soon to be my second favorite Eastern team). I think they have a great balance of skill, scoring, toughness and goaltending. I think their mix of talents is better than any of the other teams left remaining. To say they dont have a chance for the cup, let alone a good shot to beat the Pens is ridiculous. I'm not saying they are going to sweep the Pens, but its going to be a hell of a good series, and I'm rooting for them one last time before i have to start rooting against them. In my mind, whoever wins the East is going to win the cup at this point. Western and Eastern teams just seem to play different styles. The Hawks and Kings are well rounded teams, but in my mind they just dont measure up with the Bruins or Pens for that matter. So, for me im going for the Bruins. A cup for the Bruins means two great things in my book. 1) The Hawks or Pens dont raise the cup 2) It solidifies that the Eastern conference is a tougher one (which means more competitive, exciting and important regular season match ups for the Wings next season). I can only hope that the move to the East makes Holland and the whole crew get into a new mindset not only of how we play, but also who we suit up for next season. Hopefully they have a strong offseason and go after free agents and trades that will make us competitive. 

All in all...(One last time) LETS GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!

#39 UKWING

UKWING

3rd Line Checker

• HoF Booster
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

well the hawks struggled to score against the wings so of course an LA team which has a better, more experienced D and the best goalie in the world has a massive chance. it will also be interesting to see how the hawks cope against a much bigger and more physical team over 7 games. i actually make the kings favourites in that series.

i also think the bruins-pens series is pretty even

#40 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Anyone else want to bring up the fact that it doesnt matter who wins the Cup this year? Whoever gets it will ALWAYS have a star next to their name in the record books.

And President's Trophy winners? So they were the best team over 40+ games. Whoopdie doo.

I am proud of our team and extremely happy that our youngsters got the experience of 2 game 7s! What a playoff experience for our rookies. Now they know how deep they have to dig. The future is bright! Talk to me when there is a full season...

Edit: Kelsey.

Edited by swedishconnection, 30 May 2013 - 08:36 AM.

Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001