• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Go Tigers. Go Lions. If the Hawks and Pens end up in the finals, safe to say I won't remember 2013 for much other then the lockout.

#NOMOREKINDL

#42 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Anyone else want to bring up the fact that it doesnt matter who wins the Cup this year? Whoever gets it will ALWAYS have a star next to their name in the record books.

And President's Trophy winners? So they were the best team over 40+ games. Whoopdie doo.

I am proud of our team and extremely happy that our youngsters got the experience of 2 game 7s! What a playoff experience for our rookies. Now they know how deep they have to dig. The future is bright! Talk to me when there is a full season...

Edit: Kelsey.

I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful by any means, but I have to disagree with ya. Was the season shortened for selfish greedy reasons? yes. Were the fans cheated out of a lot of good hockey? yes. Are there a number of different outcomes that would have happened if they played a full 82 game season? yes. However, was there a distinct advantage that any one team had over another because of the shortened season? No. Every team faced the same circumstances that all other teams faced. Just because it was a shortened season doesn't mean their should be an asterisk next to anyones name. All teams knew what the season was going to be before the season started. All teams faced injuries and played bad games. It's not like any team cheated another. The presidents trophy winner was still the team that won the most regular season game, and the cup winner will still be the team that wins 16 games first, period. If the Wings won the presidents trophy or the cup would the victories be any less sweet? not in my book. So why should it be for the real winners? I'm a fan of hockey, and am damn glad i got to watch some games this year or i would have gone crazy. As Wings fans i think we should be grateful that we got to see what we did. I think the reason we got to see a lot of the young guys for once was due to the shortened season. If we had a full 82 game season from the start, who knows who would still be buried in Grand Rapids. Plus, we got to see what alot of our guys were made of when not being a top seed and on everyones radar. They proved a lot this year, and we may not have had that opportunity on a full 82 game season. I, for one, will not be thinking of the winners as flukes or deserving of an asterisk mainly because no one was at an advantage. The only people that were cheated out of anything were the fans, not the players. 

#43 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

I have to root for the Kings to beat the Hawks, if they don't and it ends up Hawks vs Pens... I will choose then. I will also root for Boston to beat Pens though.

Man, I hope somebody steps up and starts the aggression on Toews all over again... who is the Kings' best two-way center?

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Kings and Bruins have a legit chance.

Those are the 2 teams I'll be pulling for, refreshing the TSN scores as my cable will no longer exist.  Crysby and CamelToews can have fun playing against bigger, meaner opponents. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#45 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

I cheer for Boston.  And when they lose I just stop watching!

#46 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Just remember, this years cup does have an asterisk by it :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#47 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

It looks like a Stanley cup final between the hawks and penguins is all but inevitable. If this nightmare scenario comes to fruition who do you root for?

That's the problem living in an ultra polarized black/white, left/right society... People feel like they HAVE to choose a side. 

I will root for neither if the final comes down to the Hawks and Pens.

Edited by sleepwalker, 30 May 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#48 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

If it comes down for Chi, and Pitt...

I hope a stadium collapses in them. Hopefully in Chicago, those fans need to go.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#49 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Just remember, this years cup does have an asterisk by it :P

Hah, yeah... plus, our only way of seeing how West competes vs East is in the Stanley Cup playoffs this year... if East sweeps West, for example, would Hawks' really have been President's Cup winners if they actually had East teams on their schedule this year?

#50 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

That's the problem living in an ultra polarized black/white, left/right society... People feel like they HAVE to choose a side. 

I will root for neither if the final comes down to the Hawks and Pens.

I don't see the relevance of the social commentary. I'm a hockey fan, I like having someone to root for.

#51 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Doesn't matter to me but I'll bet the farm it's Pittsburgh vs. Chicago.

#52 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

The Kings are BIG and mean NOT cheap and dirty.....They have my fandom for the cup as the lesser of all evils.

#53 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

I don't see the relevance of the social commentary.

Then, I can't help you there...

My point, to make it more clear, is if you dislike both teams, then why in the hell would you choose to root for one of them/give them your support?

Edited by sleepwalker, 30 May 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#54 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think we could've beat anyone the way we went up 3 games to 1 on Chicago. I think we definitely could've beat LA if we brought the intensity every game. I think the refereeing in Game 6 sealed our fate. We'll get em next year with a younger, non floating, rejuvenated group.

Edited by GoWings!, 30 May 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#55 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

ABC. Anyone But Crosby.

#56 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

As far as i'm concerned the playoffs ended tonight and it's officially baseball season. That's about how much I care about the remaining 4 teams competing for the cup. I don't care who wins because all have taken it recently and don't necessarily like any of them all that much. Kings/Bruins is the lesser of two evils but my give-a-damner is floored.

This After watching the last 3 games in this series and how they played out ( bs ps and all ) I just am sick of the NHL for a few months
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#57 Sabaton617

Sabaton617

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I was hoping the Sharks beat LA in case the Wings ended up losing to Chicago.  Then I would've cheered for Sharks since they haven't won a cup yet and LA wouldn't win back to back cups, I want Wings to hold that honor.  I don't want any of the remaining teams to win the cup since they all have won it all recently and dammit the Wings are the dynasty team. I lose interest once the Wings are knocked out.  Pittsburg Vs. Chicago final....might as well ask me which brother I like better, Lyle or Erik Menendez.

#58 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Interesting part is how we have 2009 vs 2011 Cup winners in the East and 2012 vs 2010 Cup winners in the West with us that were 2008 winners only one goal close to be in the WCF.

So where's the famous parity Mr.Bettman?

#59 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, the underlying premise of this thread is flawed because most people consider the Kings to be a favorite in this series.  You can forget about the President's trophy or how the teams played in February.  The Hawks sleepwalked through the first half of this season, and got within an OT goal of being eliminated by a Detroit team that probably shouldn't have hung with them.  Quick's probably the best goaltender in the playoffs, so I'll consider them a favorite until proven otherwise.

I feel like Pittsburgh has best offense and it's not even close.  Their defense is inconsistent, at best, and Doug Murray, at worst.  They would have lost to the Islanders with Fleury in goal, but Vokoun has been stable enough.  But I don't think he can "steal" a game or two, which you'll need him to do against better teams.

#60 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Ugh...suppose I hate the Kings the least, although all 4 are a bunch of whiny divers, so who gives a rat's ass really

Also, any respect I had for Toews is now gone after the series, what a *****

Edited by Wings3:16, 30 May 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!