• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Dastyuk Injured?

Rate this topic

Did anyone hear anything indicating Datsyuk injured or something.

Doesn't seem himself the past two games, seems like his speed slowed down and that he was taking shorter shifts then usual.

Anyone else realized that?

Doesn't seem himself the past two games, seems like his speed slowed down and that he was taking shorter shifts then usual.

I'm sure he was. But he won't admit or say anything cause he's not one to make excuses! I love Pav and I blame him for nothing no matter what! He is our franchise

Guest Johnz96

No.

I was thinking that once Q got the home matchup and even on away he was better at getting Toews away from Z and matched up on Dats. Z was working hard and not much offense when that was his job earlier in series, I am guessing same thing happened to Dats when he had to cover Toews more (and in turn had Toews on him, who is actually a good defensive player considering he is a Selke finalist too).

It wouldn't surprise me, but if he was, it also doesn't surprise me that he didn't say a word about it. It's in his nature to just play as long as he can and not complain. He's got the whole summer to recuperate. He's got nothing to be ashamed of, that's for sure.

It's safe to assume. Everyone is banged up at this point.

I am proud of what this team achieved overall but you need your best players when you're taking on the number one seed. With only a goal and an assist in 7 games I'm guessing Dats would be the first one to say he wasn't great against Chicago.

I also thought that he looked like he was laboring to contribute. His typical magic emerged every so often, but not nearly at the same rate that it had earlier against the Ducks, or at the end of the season. It seemed like the mind was willing, but the body wasn't producing the way it always had. I would bet that he was injured in some way, but refused to show it or confirm it in any way as to give the Hawks any added ammunition. He is truly the consumate professional.

He looked like he wasn't right the last two games but it's also worth noting that Z and Dats expended a huge amount of energy shutting Kane/Toews down and were likewise the focus of Toews' defensive prowess. Don't forget that Toews and Datsyuk are both Selke candidates. Given how many big offensive threats the 'Hawks have it shouldn't be too surprising that Datsyuk and Zetterberg were a bit overburdened defensively.

The adage that 'everyone's banged up this time of year' is certainly true but it doesn't mean everyone is equally impacted by injuries.

If anything I think the biggest problem for Datsyuk was how much his wingers struggled and how terrible our defense is on the PP. Kronwall was a non-factor on the PP... It speaks volumes when your best offensive defensemen are Smith and Kindl. I don't know what was up with Kroner but he just wasn't the impact player he needed to be offensively.

He looked like he wasn't right the last two games but it's also worth noting that Z and Dats expended a huge amount of energy shutting Kane/Toews down and were likewise the focus of Toews' defensive prowess. Don't forget that Toews and Datsyuk are both Selke candidates. Given how many big offensive threats the 'Hawks have it shouldn't be too surprising that Datsyuk and Zetterberg were a bit overburdened defensively.

Yeah, like I said last night, that's where I miss Draper and Helm.

If your top players are being used as shut down men, they're not going to have as much gas left on the offensive side of the ice.

Guest The Axe

Yeah, like I said last night, that's where I miss Draper and Helm.

If your top players are being used as shut down men, they're not going to have as much gas left on the offensive side of the ice.

Youre right. Speed kills.

No. Even the best have bad games and wont make excuses. Let's not make excuses for the magician. Injuries are usually reported if theyre bad enough. So even if he was "injured" it wasn't enough for him to stop playing. Technically speaking Zet has had groin problems in the season but it wasn't enough to keep him out of the line up for too long. Point being, everyone has some form of soreness. But also; not everyone can have perfect games all year long.

I think this should answer everyone:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130530/SPORTS05/305300119/

Looks like the only ones who were playing injured were Cleary and Kronwall. Not gonna lie, they played decent with injuries.

Edited by kickazz

Guest DeGraa55

Yes I'm sure it HAS NOTHING to do with the fact he is getting older and slower. Its clearly only because genus hurt.