• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

What do you guys think? I actually think he has really progressed nicely. By the end of the season/playoffs he was making better decisions with the puck, he carries it well, and doesn't panic in his own end. I actually would have liked to see him get more ice-time last night instead of Smith, but I'm guessing Babcock knows how much he can get out of Kindl before he starts making mistakes. I liked having him on the 2nd PP unit, too.

Thoughts on his future?

What do you guys think? I actually think he has really progressed nicely. By the end of the season/playoffs he was making better decisions with the puck, he carries it well, and doesn't panic in his own end. I actually would have liked to see him get more ice-time last night instead of Smith, but I'm guessing Babcock knows how much he can get out of Kindl before he starts making mistakes. I liked having him on the 2nd PP unit, too.

Thoughts on his future?

I thought he was awesome this season! He deserved more ice time, and was a great partner for Danny D!

Yeah - I wonder if he deserved more ice-time. Its hard to tell if he is just good in small spurts or if he can sustain his play over 20-25 mins of play. Smith was really thrown into the fire, I suspect he will be better in the long run for it.

Our D has gotten a lot better. Now we just need nasty.

Agreed - I was hoping Lashoff could fill that physical void a bit, but he is still pretty young. And while he is big, I am not sure if he is all that "nasty". Anyone see him in GR much?

I think Kindl made big steps forward. He held his roster spot and looked very poised in the offensive end. He may not have the hardest slapper but I think he's among the best on the team at getting it through traffic.

Defensively he still makes unbelievably poor decisions from time to time and can get rattled from a hit. He's gotten better overall but I'd say defensively he's still at the level of a #6 guy at best and that may be what's holding back his minutes.

At the very least I'm glad he's turned into a serviceable D-man.

I think Kindl was the biggest surprise in the playoffs, Nyquist and Andy aside (we knew they'd bring it). Kindl was very rough as the playoffs opened, but then towards the end of the 1st round and certainly in the second round, he finally got comfortable on the big stage and played well. He gets the 2013 Red Wings Late Bloomer Award.

Kindl turned it up this year big time. Love the way he skates. Looking forward to seeing him on the Wings' blueline for years to come.

Thats the biggest thing I noticed about him - he is skating a lot better. He also moves the puck well in his own end.

I think Kindl made big steps forward. He held his roster spot and looked very poised in the offensive end. He may not have the hardest slapper but I think he's among the best on the team at getting it through traffic.

Defensively he still makes unbelievably poor decisions from time to time and can get rattled from a hit. He's gotten better overall but I'd say defensively he's still at the level of a #6 guy at best and that may be what's holding back his minutes.

At the very least I'm glad he's turned into a serviceable D-man.

This.

I trusted his slap shot over everyone's at the end there.

Guest The Axe

This.

I trusted his slap shot over everyone's at the end there.

I like his ability to hit thr net.

Skating. Skating. Skating. He's got the tools. All about decisions under pressure for this kid

I agree. I thought the looked best when he'd grab the puck and rush up ice with it. He's a real good skater and has good speed, one of the few defenders we have that can turn from defense to offense in a hurry. Overall I was very impressed by him this year and expect more next season as well. Looks like he's finally hitting his stride.

My only knock on Kindl is that he appears to get flustered by a hit. He tends to try and avoid it, thereby losing the puck. He needs some board work and the ability to take a hit....other than that, I think everyone is spot in....great skater, good vision, good passer. He definatjely took some strides this year.

The big test for Kindl is now to at the very least maintain that level of play. It's unfortunate that we bought out Colo, because with Lashoff as the 7th D, there is now no real competetion for his spot.

The big test for Kindl is now to at the very least maintain that level of play. It's unfortunate that we bought out Colo, because with Lashoff as the 7th D, there is now no real competetion for his spot.

Unfortunately it was a necessary buyout