• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TripleS

Darren Helm - Career in Question?

Rate this topic

He said back strength is directly RELATED to speed. There is no arguing with that statement as it is 100% true.

No. The poster kisckazz said exactly this: Speed is 100% related to back strength. Meaning: skating fast is attributed to nothing but back strength.

You can switch the words around and leave out words/numbers...whatever...back to my original post; what he specifically stated was/is not true (IMO).

Let's move on shall we

MLive Story

The June 5 story is titled:

Red Wings forward Darren Helm optimistic latest prescription, rest and patience, heals ailing back

I looked for a quote that was optimistic. This is the best I could do.

"If I just leave it alone and be happy with the progress I'm making and the treatment I'm doing, things are going well. I feel like I'm doing what I can to get healthy.''

Not exactly inspiring. :(

Edited by MidMichSteve

Man, backs are a *****. So many players from so many leagues and even in the working world have had their careers ended from a back problem. I remember when the Wings signed Troy Crowder in 1991 and everyone from my dad to your mom was drooling with excitement to see him a Bob Probert patrol the ice and wipe the league clean of clowns. He hurt his back in the pre-season and ended up play only 7 games with us. He made a comeback 2 years after that (really three years considering he was hurt pretty much the entire 91-92 season) and played another 3 years, but only appeared in 74 total games in those three season, officially retiring in 1999 due to his re-occurring back issues....

I hate to say it or even think it, but this could very well be a career ending injury for Helm....damn.

Good! Does that mean they found the problem? or are they just hoping

That's the thing with backs, it's so hard to diagnose the exact cause. The scary thing is like concussions is one day you'll feel 100% and then the next you'll be in agony. Backs and the brain are about the last two places on the body that the medical community hasn't quite nailed down 100% yet.