• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Not sure if anyone else saw this. Per the Wings Facebook page. Anyone know much about this guy?

#2 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Sweet! I assume that means he'll be a Griffin this fall...joining what should be an absolutely stacked Grand Rapids roster.

I hear people rag on the Wings farm system and im stumped as to why...we got so many real deal guys.

#3 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Not sure if anyone else saw this. Per the Wings Facebook page. Anyone know much about this guy?

Hes supposed to be a low risk high reward guy, sound defensively with good offensive skills and maturity. Known issues: History of injuries and KHL.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#4 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Sweet! I assume that means he'll be a Griffin this fall...joining what should be an absolutely stacked Grand Rapids roster.

I hear people rag on the Wings farm system and im stumped as to why...we got so many real deal guys.

No kidding...

Lashoff, Almqvist, Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen, Nedomlel, Nicastro and Fournier all battling for spots... and now Marchenko. Not to mention any of the guys on AHL contracts. Going to be a very deep defense. I honestly only see maybe four of those guys being with the Griffs most of the year, and the others being in the ECHL.

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

7th round pick.

Has "draft steal" potential.

Bad luck with injuries.

Holy hell, if even 1/3 of these defensive prospects pan out, the Wings are going to be stacked on the back end.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

No kidding...

Lashoff, Almqvist, Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen, Nedomlel, Nicastro and Fournier all battling for spots... and now Marchenko. Not to mention any of the guys on AHL contracts. Going to be a very deep defense. I honestly only see maybe four of those guys being with the Griffs most of the year, and the others being in the ECHL.

Lashoff will most likely be with the Wings. Then the best 6 in GR, rest in Toledo. Yes i get excited about the potential. But untill these guys play games at the pro level in north america, we have no idea if some/any/all/none will make it. It is a big step, with each following level becoming a bigger step. if 2 out of that group turn out, we are doing a great job.

But, depth like this also allows for trades. we have a bunch of young Dmen and lack good young forwards.

#7 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Lashoff will most likely be with the Wings. Then the best 6 in GR, rest in Toledo. Yes i get excited about the potential. But untill these guys play games at the pro level in north america, we have no idea if some/any/all/none will make it. It is a big step, with each following level becoming a bigger step. if 2 out of that group turn out, we are doing a great job.

But, depth like this also allows for trades. we have a bunch of young Dmen and lack good young forwards.

Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Kindl, DeKeyser and Colaiacovo... who's leaving?

#8 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Kindl, DeKeyser and Colaiacovo... who's leaving?

I think this is due to Lash not being signed to a two-way deal starting next season. Ansar Khan reported the 3 year extension as being a ONE WAY deal...

The Detroit Red Wings have signed defenseman Brian Lashoff to a three-year, $2.175 million contract extension.

It's a one-way deal for all three years, with a salary-cap hit of $725,000.

DD can be sent down, but why? It would make little sense. I guess this leaves either one of Cola or Quincey being moved. Holland will probably wait until camp, see if Danny is still ready, and then move someone. 

He should just dump one of them in July, though. 

Edited by evilmrt, 30 May 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#9 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

I heard is he was a top dman in his draft (as in 1st round pick), but people were scared he'd never leave the KHL and had some injury history.  

Edited by ben_usmc, 30 May 2013 - 04:28 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#10 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'm gonna watch a lot KHL next season,because our Croatian team(Medvescak Zagreb) joins the league and pay close attention on Marchenko  ;)

#11 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I think this is due to Lash not being signed to a two-way deal starting next season. Ansar Khan reported the 3 year extension as being a ONE WAY deal...

DD can be sent down, but why? It would make little sense. I guess this leaves either one of Cola or Quincey being moved. Holland will probably wait until camp, see if Danny is still ready, and then move someone. 

He should just dump one of them in July, though. 

Two-way/one-way deals aren't the determining factor in waiver exemption status. They determine how much a player is going to be paid in the NHL vs. AHL. He's played 34 games at the NHL level, and his deal (depending on the "entry-level slide" rule) dictates that he can still pass through waivers safely. I just checked capgeek, and it's saying he's exempt for another season.

Edited by Jesusberg, 30 May 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#12 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

I'm gonna watch a lot KHL next season,because our Croatian team(Medvescak Zagreb) joins the league and pay close attention on Marchenko  ;)

Marchenko will be in Grand Rapids

#13 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

He's Croatian?

#14 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

GR is gonna be so dirty next year.  If they don't win the Calder Cup, it'll be a failed season.  That's how good they'll be.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#15 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Marchenko will be in Grand Rapids

I expect him to be send home again,kinda like the Wings did with Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok,but we'll see

He's Croatian?

Nope,Russian,but I'm looking forward to eventually see him playing if he won't stay in Grand Rapids.

#16 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Absolutely not enough room in GR for all these promising dmen prospects. At least a few will have to toil in the ECHL.

#17 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

I expect him to be send home again,kinda like the Wings did with Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok,but we'll see

Nope,Russian,but I'm looking forward to eventually see him playing if he won't stay in Grand Rapids.

He'll be in Michigan

#18 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Absolutely not enough room in GR for all these promising dmen prospects. At least a few will have to toil in the ECHL.

Kenny could loan them out to another AHL team, yeah? When is the last time he did that with another North American team?

#19 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

He was going to be the Russian captain for the 2012 WJC but got injured. Injury hampered his development, captaining the Russians would have been a great experience for him. He played with Pav for CSKA this year. I am a little concerned that they dropped his ice-time to 6:31/game in the playoffs from 12;56 in the reg season this year (he is young).

He might end up having to play some in Toledo
Wings D prospects scheduled to play NA pro next year.
Almquist

Nicastro

Jensen

Marchenko

Sproul

Ouellet

Nedomlel

And Blashill will want some vets on D

Edited by Johnz96, 08 June 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#20 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

He was going to be the Russian captain for the 2012 WJC but got injured. Injury hampered his development, captaining the Russians would have been a great experience for him. He played with Pav for CSKA this year. I am a little concerned that they dropped his ice-time to 6:31/game in the playoffs from 12;56 in the reg season this year (he is young).
He might end up having to play some in Toledo
Wings D prospects scheduled to play NA pro next year.
Almquist
Nicastro
Jensen
Marchenko
Sproul
Ouellet
Nedomlel
And Blashill will want some vets on D

Can Colo play in GR?