• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
turbowhistle86

Alexei Marchenko signs 3 year entry level deal

Rate this topic

Sweet! I assume that means he'll be a Griffin this fall...joining what should be an absolutely stacked Grand Rapids roster.

I hear people rag on the Wings farm system and im stumped as to why...we got so many real deal guys.

Not sure if anyone else saw this. Per the Wings Facebook page. Anyone know much about this guy?

Hes supposed to be a low risk high reward guy, sound defensively with good offensive skills and maturity. Known issues: History of injuries and KHL.

Sweet! I assume that means he'll be a Griffin this fall...joining what should be an absolutely stacked Grand Rapids roster.

I hear people rag on the Wings farm system and im stumped as to why...we got so many real deal guys.

No kidding...

Lashoff, Almqvist, Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen, Nedomlel, Nicastro and Fournier all battling for spots... and now Marchenko. Not to mention any of the guys on AHL contracts. Going to be a very deep defense. I honestly only see maybe four of those guys being with the Griffs most of the year, and the others being in the ECHL.

No kidding...

Lashoff, Almqvist, Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen, Nedomlel, Nicastro and Fournier all battling for spots... and now Marchenko. Not to mention any of the guys on AHL contracts. Going to be a very deep defense. I honestly only see maybe four of those guys being with the Griffs most of the year, and the others being in the ECHL.

Lashoff will most likely be with the Wings. Then the best 6 in GR, rest in Toledo. Yes i get excited about the potential. But untill these guys play games at the pro level in north america, we have no idea if some/any/all/none will make it. It is a big step, with each following level becoming a bigger step. if 2 out of that group turn out, we are doing a great job.

But, depth like this also allows for trades. we have a bunch of young Dmen and lack good young forwards.

Lashoff will most likely be with the Wings. Then the best 6 in GR, rest in Toledo. Yes i get excited about the potential. But untill these guys play games at the pro level in north america, we have no idea if some/any/all/none will make it. It is a big step, with each following level becoming a bigger step. if 2 out of that group turn out, we are doing a great job.

But, depth like this also allows for trades. we have a bunch of young Dmen and lack good young forwards.

Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Kindl, DeKeyser and Colaiacovo... who's leaving?

Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Kindl, DeKeyser and Colaiacovo... who's leaving?

I think this is due to Lash not being signed to a two-way deal starting next season. Ansar Khan reported the 3 year extension as being a ONE WAY deal...

The Detroit Red Wings have signed defenseman Brian Lashoff to a three-year, $2.175 million contract extension.
It's a one-way deal for all three years, with a salary-cap hit of $725,000.

DD can be sent down, but why? It would make little sense. I guess this leaves either one of Cola or Quincey being moved. Holland will probably wait until camp, see if Danny is still ready, and then move someone.

He should just dump one of them in July, though.

Edited by evilmrt

I heard is he was a top dman in his draft (as in 1st round pick), but people were scared he'd never leave the KHL and had some injury history.

Edited by ben_usmc

I think this is due to Lash not being signed to a two-way deal starting next season. Ansar Khan reported the 3 year extension as being a ONE WAY deal...

DD can be sent down, but why? It would make little sense. I guess this leaves either one of Cola or Quincey being moved. Holland will probably wait until camp, see if Danny is still ready, and then move someone.

He should just dump one of them in July, though.

Two-way/one-way deals aren't the determining factor in waiver exemption status. They determine how much a player is going to be paid in the NHL vs. AHL. He's played 34 games at the NHL level, and his deal (depending on the "entry-level slide" rule) dictates that he can still pass through waivers safely. I just checked capgeek, and it's saying he's exempt for another season.

Edited by Jesusberg

GR is gonna be so dirty next year. If they don't win the Calder Cup, it'll be a failed season. That's how good they'll be.

Marchenko will be in Grand Rapids

I expect him to be send home again,kinda like the Wings did with Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok,but we'll see

He's Croatian?

Nope,Russian,but I'm looking forward to eventually see him playing if he won't stay in Grand Rapids.

I expect him to be send home again,kinda like the Wings did with Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok,but we'll see

Nope,Russian,but I'm looking forward to eventually see him playing if he won't stay in Grand Rapids.

He'll be in Michigan

Absolutely not enough room in GR for all these promising dmen prospects. At least a few will have to toil in the ECHL.

Kenny could loan them out to another AHL team, yeah? When is the last time he did that with another North American team?

Guest Johnz96

I'm gonna watch a lot KHL next season,because our Croatian team(Medvescak Zagreb) joins the league and pay close attention on Marchenko ;)

He was going to be the Russian captain for the 2012 WJC but got injured. Injury hampered his development, captaining the Russians would have been a great experience for him. He played with Pav for CSKA this year. I am a little concerned that they dropped his ice-time to 6:31/game in the playoffs from 12;56 in the reg season this year (he is young).

He might end up having to play some in Toledo

Wings D prospects scheduled to play NA pro next year.

Almquist

Nicastro

Jensen

Marchenko

Sproul

Ouellet

Nedomlel

And Blashill will want some vets on D

Edited by Johnz96

Guest The Axe

He was going to be the Russian captain for the 2012 WJC but got injured. Injury hampered his development, captaining the Russians would have been a great experience for him. He played with Pav for CSKA this year. I am a little concerned that they dropped his ice-time to 6:31/game in the playoffs from 12;56 in the reg season this year (he is young).

He might end up having to play some in Toledo

Wings D prospects scheduled to play NA pro next year.

Almquist

Nicastro

Jensen

Marchenko

Sproul

Ouellet

Nedomlel

And Blashill will want some vets on D

Can Colo play in GR?

Being good or great on the Griffins does not mean these players will be great NHL'ers. Let's see how many, IF any, of these guys can make the jump to keep up with the best players in the world.

Guest The Axe

Being good or great on the Griffins does not mean these players will be great NHL'ers. Let's see how many, IF any, of these guys can make the jump to keep up with the best players in the world.

But we over-ripen. Remember?

Guest The Axe

TBH it's more like filling out, each and every player's game.

And it usually works.

I concur. When a player is ready, they bring them up. Simple as that.