• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kindl Surprise

Will Brunner be back?

Rate this topic

I don't think he'd take another offer. He seems to be having a lot of fun, which means he probably likes our system and coaches, and seems like he has bought into changing his game. If he went elsewhere he'd have to readjust all over again.

There is no question he will be back. My guess is he will be resigned to a 2-3 year $2.5-3 mil contract.

Everyone is aware of this guys natural ability to bury his chances and he has a great one-timer so my only hope is that he is used better on the power-play. I have become utterly frustrated with seeing him on the right point on the man advantage. The guy needs to use his accurate bomb on the left side of the ice. He should be hovering around the left faceoff circle waiting for someone to put it in his wheel-house to unload a canon. I bet he would score 30+ goals next year if he was used properly on the power-play... Thoughts?...

Brunner really panned out nicely. For a smaller Euro without much physicality to his game, to be tied with Datsyuk for 3rd in points, lead the team in goals, and manage to be a plus player, given the competition he was facing and his short-comings defensively, what more could you ask of the guy? Factor in his short adjustment period to the new playing surface, increased competition, and taking a guy who is used to playing like 40 games and more than doubling that even before playoffs (not to mention the travel and frequency of games), and his performance is even more astounding.

Can't wait to see what he does training with our guys and getting stronger in the off-season, coming out of the gate rested and knowing the system better. I think we should get him signed while he is cheap. Love to see 3 or 4 years at least, going as high as $3M or so per.

Brunner fan here. I think he will be back and he will be better. It was his first year in the NHL and he held his own... Ups, downs, Playoffs, Bigger ice, Bigger players. Not everyone can do as he did and add value.

Guest The Axe

Brunner fan here. I think he will be back and he will be better. It was his first year in the NHL and he held his own... Ups, downs, Playoffs, Bigger ice, Bigger players. Not everyone can do as he did and add value.

If Brunner hits the gym hard and adds 15 lbs and upper body strength, he will be a legit top 6. He looked good at times, but 200 lbs and not getting pushed around and bumped off pucks makes this guy super valueable.

I was a Brunner doubter going into the playoffs didn't think he would be able to keep up with the intensity but he did and i think he will only get better.

Guest DeGraa55

He is exactly what we need more of. You don't add by subtracting. He has a good shot and loves throwing pucks at the net.

"I can't say anything bad about the Detroit Red Wings," said Brunner, whose base salary was $925,000 this season. "I guess I have to think about it in the next couple of weeks and talk to my agent and Kenny and then we'll see what's going on.

"It's hard for me to say (what will happen). We'll see what's coming. I'm exciting about talking to them about my future."

"I can't say anything bad about the Detroit Red Wings," said Brunner, whose base salary was $925,000 this season. "I guess I have to think about it in the next couple of weeks and talk to my agent and Kenny and then we'll see what's going on.

"It's hard for me to say (what will happen). We'll see what's coming. I'm exciting about talking to them about my future."

Doods a decent politician too? :P

Seeing photos of him after the playoffs, he does not look very strong at all for a hockey player. Hopefully his goal is to get that extra 15-20 lb this summer and re-sign so he can be an impact player that we know he is capable of being.

Guest The Axe

Seeing photos of him after the playoffs, he does not look very strong at all for a hockey player. Hopefully his goal is to get that extra 15-20 lb this summer and re-sign so he can be an impact player that we know he is capable of being.

This. While its fun to watch good skating, puck protection is important. Nyquist gets bumped, Seabrook scores. Gotta be tough on the puck.

I d hire Brett Hull to coach/consult Brunner at finding open ice for the the one timer snipe And that is the best part of Brunners game. He just needs to adjust it for the NHL.

Add to that some defensive training and he could be a pretty decent player.

Edited by T.Low

Guest The Axe

The photo I was also referring to as well, just found it again.

603160_10151495868274139_1217921676_n.jp

10 more lbs of upper body strength and Brunner will be a much better player.

Anyone know his salary in the Swiss elite league? I can't find it anywhere. Of course this could have some bearing on whether he stays in the NHL or goes back to Europe.

A guy like Brunner makes about 300-450K in the Swiss league. Only 2 teams could probably afford to pay more.