• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kindl Surprise

Will Brunner be back?

Rate this topic

Honestly, I don't think he'll go to another NHL team. I have two theories dealing with Brunner

(1) he may have realized how much of a grind the NHL is, possibly may not want to play in a full 82 game season and will go back to the SEL.

(2) we're moving to the eastern conference. he's played his first shortened season of the NHL in the Western Conference. he found out how physical the NHL is, and may be a little scared (i'm not so sure, he's played pretty physical and would set up if needed in the SEL, IIRC). Throughout the season, and its general consensus that the Eastern Conference is more physical and bigger. With him hearing this non-stop throughout the season, he may evaluate his time within the Western Conference and it could possibly deter from from wanting to play in the Eastern Conference. Without having played any Eastern Conference teams this season, he is left in the dark.

Now, again, these are just two just.. weird theories that I developed and hold most likely zero substance. I hope he re-signs with him because I could see him turning into one heck of a player for us. With a solid summer of training, training camp, and pre-season he could come out swinging next season and be more a threat he already was.

Guest The Axe

Honestly, I don't think he'll go to another NHL team. I have two theories dealing with Brunner

(1) he may have realized how much of a grind the NHL is, possibly may not want to play in a full 82 game season and will go back to the SEL.

(2) we're moving to the eastern conference. he's played his first shortened season of the NHL in the Western Conference. he found out how physical the NHL is, and may be a little scared (i'm not so sure, he's played pretty physical and would set up if needed in the SEL, IIRC). Throughout the season, and its general consensus that the Eastern Conference is more physical and bigger. With him hearing this non-stop throughout the season, he may evaluate his time within the Western Conference and it could possibly deter from from wanting to play in the Eastern Conference. Without having played any Eastern Conference teams this season, he is left in the dark.

Now, again, these are just two just.. weird theories that I developed and hold most likely zero substance. I hope he re-signs with him because I could see him turning into one heck of a player for us. With a solid summer of training, training camp, and pre-season he could come out swinging next season and be more a threat he already was.

Yes. These arent theories. They are delusions!!! Brunner loves being in the NHL and on the Wings. When he went through his drought, he was depressed. Franzen just acts like its a desk job 9 to 5.

Yes. These arent theories. They are delusions!!! Brunner loves being in the NHL and on the Wings. When he went through his drought, he was depressed. Franzen just acts like its a desk job 9 to 5.

Haha they could be. There was no doubt he was having fun and it was a great experience, but for all we know the NHL may just not be his thing. I think he'll be back, and will sign around a 2-3 year contract at 2.5-8mil. His brother visited him around the 21st of April and he started to really shine around there. I think he may have been home sick and either he had his brother come out, or I wonder if the franchise had asked him if he wanted his brother with him. He had went all the way to Anaheim with him and everything. He'll go home, have some time in his homeland and then he'll ink one up and head back here to play some hockey!