• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

Wow.  I sure read that wrong.  Thanks for re-enforcing the whole argument, (whether you meant to or not!) Harold.  I owe ya.   :thumbup:

I definitely meant to.  

I wanted to clarify he played with that injury for an entire 7 games series plus 2 games against the Ducks. Not just two games. 

Cleary is as tough as they come.

#42 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

Way to go Danny get healthy soon, a great RedWing for sure just often tasked with stuff that was too much for him.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#43 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

We have been waiting for this guy to get healthy for 2-3 seasons now. Sadly i think its time we just let him go. There are plenty of guys our young talent can learn from (Dats, Z, Kron)

I don't think he fits anywhere on our top 2 lines, and he just doesn't have the body left to bang on the 3rd 4th. This guy is the definition of guts, a kind of warrior that you don't see too much anymore. I just don't like the idea of keeping guys around for too long, especially when we have so many guys in GR chomping at the bit to get up to the big show.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#44 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Cleary is a warrior and always has been. Mad props to him for battling through all of that and still being on his game. Really hoping he sticks around and that Kenny wants to keep him.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#45 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

True that! Next season we'll have to round up Wing fan friends and have a viewing party somewhere! Or even regular season games. 50" flatscreen, surround sound, and Center Ice!

I think regular minutes in the bottom 6, and 2nd pp unit for a net front presence. Also can be relied on to fill in on the top six when injuries occur. The guy is a warrior, and is smart enough to know at this point of his career to save his best for the playoffs. 

He is our new Dallas Drake, IMO. Drive us nuts in the season, but step it up when it matters most and willing to put his body on the line.

Without Cleary this team wouldnt have gotten past Anaheim. Our current kids have a lot more growing to do. We can't throw another bunch into the fire along with them. Tatar is the nly one who should be a regular along with those who played in the playoffs. Cleary needs to stay. At a lower cost? Yes. But he needs to stay none the less.

Or, maybe with someone better than Cleary we are not the 7th seed heading into the PO's. maybe we are 4th, 5th, 6th. Have you forgotten had bad Cleary was during the regular season? he just doesn't have the skill anymore. It is time to say thank you for your efforts, heart, blood and guts, and move on. Cleary is our past, not our future. Same with Bert, Sammy, Franzen, maybe Miller, White, etc.....

#46 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Totally redeemed his sub-par season with a gutsy playoff. 2nd on the team in points despite what sounds like significant injuries. Way to go, Dan Cleary!

What boo-boo were you nursing, Johan?

#47 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

I definitely meant to.  

I wanted to clarify he played with that injury for an entire 7 games series plus 2 games against the Ducks. Not just two games. 

Cleary is as tough as they come.

And played well!!!