• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

I see Nyquist replacing Flippula. Bert retires. Buyout Sammy. Sign Cleary for dirt cheap

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen

Clarkson-Zetta-Brunner

Abby-Andersson-Tatar

Cleary-Emmy-Miller

Look to land big top 6 forward through trade we have a lot of expendable pieces

I don't get why people think Bert's going to retire.  Dude's in serious financial trouble.  If we buy him out, he'll be looking for another contract.  NHL, AHL or otherwise.

I personally think Bickell is a great player and would love him in a DRW sweater but there is no way you will sign him for $1M! I know this is supposed to be 'unrealistic' but geez!

I also disagree with the sentiment that Wings need a superstar who they are going to pay a lot of money to. Would rather have depth, not just a 'big gun.' IMO

Sure.  I thought of that as well.  I'm guessing that we won't be spending 8-9mil on a top-line forward this off-season, so there's room to play with regarding Bickell (or someone like him) in my plan.

If a real big gun's available, it'll be awfull
y tempting.  Especially if it's a veteran we can get on a short-term contract.

Helm will be playing.

I think it is time to say goodbye to Cleary. I'm on the fence about keeping Miller. I like him, but we have Eaves signed and they bring about the same thing. Eaves is a righty. Flip can be replaced by Tatar and Nyquist and eventually Jarnkrok.

I feel like the Wings won't do much in FA in terms of forwards, since there are already so many options, for better or for worse. I'm curious to see what they do on D, even the D corps is full, I think Holland goes for an experienced guy like Streit or Scuderi.

Couldn't agree more.  Love Cleary, but he's always hurt.  I'd like to see him replaced by someone younger and more aggressive.  Miller and Eaves I like too, but I'd rather have skilled kids like Tatar and Jarnrkok in the lineup.

Shall see who's available in FA (or trade) after the bu
y-outs start..

Michael Ryder is available.  I prefer realistic.  If we're gonna sign like last offseason and you want unrealistic, then Ryder, Clarkson, Horton and Scuderi.  Tuzzi retires.  Sammy and Colo are bought out.  Tootoo is traded cause he wants to play.  Cleary, White and Miller don't re-sign.  Flip signs with Calgary.  Franzen is traded to a southern team, cause he likes the sun and it's fun there.

Who in their right mind would take on Tootoo's contract!?

Why the hell would you buy out Eaves for?

Just to make room for the likes of Tatar, Jarnkrok..

#22 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

NYR is supposedly rumored to be kicking the idea of buying out Richards....

I think Cleary's had it.  or he gets resigned for league minimum for vets.

Get Rid of Samuelsson.  useless bastard.

resign brunner, andersson, nyquist.  

I could let Miller walk. 

Could also let Flip walk.  If he's hellbent on getting 5 mil per year, it ain't gonna be in detroit.

Ian white can walk.

resign kindl.  Smith better not aim too high after the last series....

Bring up Tatar.  Bring up mrazek when howard/monster are injured.  Other buyout I'd consider aside from sammy would be Quincey.  3.775/year for being a 5th/6th defenceman.  Not cutting it.

WE'VE got too much talent in GR to not have them up more often than we do now.  

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#23 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Unrealistic? I trade monster for quick. Trade bert for ovi. Trade Sammy for bossa. And trade Quincey for doughty.

I don't get the point of this thread. And bickell is a second or third line guy that will cost well over 1m. Prolly closer 2.5m

Then why reply to it?

#24 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

Almost any roster projection is unrealistic since you can never predict what players or managers are thinking

Tootoo, emmerton or eaves could be traded for picks to make room so the young guns can be injury call ups.

To be safe, I gave filppula the 5mil he wants. We would likely have more space since he'll probably take less.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Valtteri Filppula ($5.000m) / Gustav Nyquist ($1.500m)
Viktor Stalberg ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Damien Brunner ($2.350m)
Danny Cleary ($1.500m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.875m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.050m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($1.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,062,879; BONUSES: $850,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,087,121

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#25 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

I don't get why people think Bert's going to retire.  Dude's in serious financial trouble.  If we buy him out, he'll be looking for another contract.  NHL, AHL or otherwise.

He is in precisely zero financial trouble at the moment. There is a lawsuit pending against him, but, as with any personal injury litigation, there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will succeed.

#26 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

He is in precisely zero financial trouble at the moment. There is a lawsuit pending against him, but, as with any personal injury litigation, there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will succeed.

He's also said that he regretted leaving the Wings last time and that he will finish his career here. If they buy him out he'll retire.

#27 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Bickell? Bryan Bickell? The guy who played a huge part in knocking the Wings off? Wings had nobody to match his physicality and now you want ot bring him in? I doubt this would sit well within the lockerroom.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#28 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

Do you really think hossa is gonna become available?

Potentially, Chicago is in DEEP trouble if he retires before his contract is up. I can't remember the number, but I recall it being significantly high.

#29 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

Potentially, Chicago is in DEEP trouble if he retires before his contract is up. I can't remember the number, but I recall it being significantly high.

But you don't think they will buy him out, more so trade right?

#30 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Even if his available, would you really welcome him back and pay to have the playoff ghost? Keep in mind his not getting any younger on top of that.

Bertuzzi - Cleary - Samuelsson are all dead weight, I hope we buy 'em all out. The role they playing can be filled with the young ones, specially after the emergence of Nyquist & Brunner ... if theyre development doesn't stop of course.

#31 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

Even if his available, would you really welcome him back and pay to have the playoff ghost? Keep in mind his not getting any younger on top of that.

Bertuzzi - Cleary - Samuelsson are all dead weight, I hope we buy 'em all out. The role they playing can be filled with the young ones, specially after the emergence of Nyquist & Brunner ... if theyre development doesn't stop of course.

If the price wasn't too high I would be all over hossa! Having hossa would solve so many problems for this team. You can play him with pav, or you can reunite the eurotwins and have him play with fil and mule who I remember being a great line.

Z-pav- Abby
Hossa- fil- mule
Nyquist- helm- brunner
Cleary- Andy- Tatar
Eaves- tootoo

The more I look at it the more I love it! That's a pretty stacked lineup if you ask me

#32 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

So many people passing over Lashoff in their rosters for Cola - is there a particular reason for this? I thought Lashoff played pretty well overall and was a solid stay at home guy that was a little nervous before being sent down.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#33 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Ok - dumb question here...

Does anyone have an idea as to who might get bought out from other NHL clubs?

Is there a player who's grossly overpaid by a rival that might be a "decent" signing for a much reduced cap hit?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#34 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

All this Hossa talk makes me want to puke. I wouldn't want that prissy ***** back here if he'd play for free.

#35 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

All this Hossa talk makes me want to puke. I wouldn't want that prissy ***** back here if he'd play for free.

Why not?

#36 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

I was attending an pregame event at home game this year and was entering the Joe through parking lot doors.  I was walking to the doors talking on my cell phone, and Bert flies into the parking lot and almost runs me over.  Wasn't that close, but close enough to get both our attention.  He slowed down, swerved a bit, rolled his window down and with a big smile said "sorry about that man!". Annnnnywaaaay - he was driving a baller A$$ 2012 Range Rover - SE....(although not American made) beautiful vehicle.  So, if that's being in financial trouble.....I WANT TO BE IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE TOO!!!

ENJOY THE RIDE

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm pretty sure Cleary isn't owed any money.

#38 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

I would be shocked if Cleary is not re-signed.  Kenny and Babs both love the guy and he played his heart out and showed alot of guts and leadership in these playoffs.  I know his body is worn down and he gets too much icetime.  However, I thought he had an excellent playoff and in turn will be rewarded with a new contract.  I see him taking a bit of a pay cut at around 2 mil.  I don't know why most posters on this board seem to want to use him as the whipping boy.  Well after Smith of course.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#39 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Why not?

He is a franzen lover. He rather have a worse player and bigger prissier ***** than bossa.

#40 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

He is a franzen lover. He rather have a worse player and bigger prissier ***** than bossa.

I would love to have a 2nd line of hossa- fil- mule. Then a first line of z- datsyuk- Abby/ maybe some nyquist and brunner mixed in with the eurotwins

Edited by Flipper51, 31 May 2013 - 10:05 PM.