• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 wheelchairwing

wheelchairwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Maybe unrealistic ... maybe not ... if not Hossa, any chance Ilya Kovalchuk gets bought out?  What about him?

#42 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

He is a franzen lover. He rather have a worse player and bigger prissier ***** than bossa.

No, I don't care for Franzen on most days either. Just Hossa's general attitude and the fact that e was nothing but a Cup chaser for 3 years, when if he would have committed to a team, he'd probably have helped them win two or three. Screw him, there's plenty of talent in the league and our farm system.

#43 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Järnkrok isn't going to play in the NHL for at least a couple of years, trust me.

#44 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

I realize this is the *unrealistic* thread.  Just wanted to point out that the buyouts are a one time stipulation as part of the new CBA in order to help teams transition to the new salary cap.  Each team gets two buyouts.  That's it.  You can't buy out a dozen or so players.  Buyouts also do not void the contract.  The team still has to pay out the remaining money on the contract.  It's a huge financial committment to make on an owner's behalf in order to better a team and free up cap space.  I'm doubtful there will be as many buyouts as fans are expecting. 

FWIW, Cleary, Ian White, and Filppula are all UFA.  No buyout necessary. 

#45 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

I don't get why people think Bert's going to retire.  Dude's in serious financial trouble.  If we buy him out, he'll be looking for another contract.  NHL, AHL or otherwise.

Sure.  I thought of that as well.  I'm guessing that we won't be spending 8-9mil on a top-line forward this off-season, so there's room to play with regarding Bickell (or someone like him) in my plan.

If a real big gun's available, it'll be awfull
y tempting.  Especially if it's a veteran we can get on a short-term contract.

Couldn't agree more.  Love Cleary, but he's always hurt.  I'd like to see him replaced by someone younger and more aggressive.  Miller and Eaves I like too, but I'd rather have skilled kids like Tatar and Jarnrkok in the lineup.

Shall see who's available in FA (or trade) after the bu
y-outs start..

Who in their right mind would take on Tootoo's contract!?

Just to make room for the likes of Tatar, Jarnkrok..

For 1 year at less than 2 mil?  Lots of teams could use him.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#46 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

My unrealistic 13-14 team 23-man roster.  (All players in their prime of course).   

Lindsay-Yzerman-Howe
Abel-Delvecchio-Aurie
Ullman-Fedorov-Shanahan
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Redmond
Holmstrom-Ogrodnick

Lidstrom-Konstantinov
Kelly-Larson
Goodfellow-Pronovost
Chelios

Sawchuk-Osgood

#47 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

-Bickell for 1 million is hilarious.  He's going to demand 3 million or more.  I don't think he's worth that but he certainly will demand it.

-Mursak already signed with a KHL team.

-Jarnkrok will likely be in the AHL most of the season.  He doesn't appear to be physically ready for the NHL based on the WC.

-I just don't see Holland doing that many buy outs.  The Wings are an organization that tries to avoid buy outs and burying veterans in the minors.  That being said I do think Holland will use at least one compliance buy-out and likely make some trades.

-I think the Wings will think very hard about retaining Cleary after his post-season play this year. I wanted him gone in the regular season too but he was great in the playoffs.

Here's what I put together on Cap Geek:

FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($1.788m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($3.150m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.605m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.827m)
Jakub Kindl ($2.050m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,997,254; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $8,312,746

I traded Quincey rather than buy him out.  He's definitely someone you could get a pick for as he's capable of playing 20mins a night, big and can play the pp/pk.  A 4th round pick is way better than a buy-out bill.

If the Wings sign anyone I'd like them to go after Nathan Horton and offer him 5 million a year (a decent raise for him).  He offers size, a right-hand shot, scoring and has been a solid playoff performer for the Bruins.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft