• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

The *unrealistic* 2013 off-season thread

Rate this topic

He is in precisely zero financial trouble at the moment. There is a lawsuit pending against him, but, as with any personal injury litigation, there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will succeed.

He's also said that he regretted leaving the Wings last time and that he will finish his career here. If they buy him out he'll retire.

Do you really think hossa is gonna become available?

Potentially, Chicago is in DEEP trouble if he retires before his contract is up. I can't remember the number, but I recall it being significantly high.

Potentially, Chicago is in DEEP trouble if he retires before his contract is up. I can't remember the number, but I recall it being significantly high.

Even if his available, would you really welcome him back and pay to have the playoff ghost? Keep in mind his not getting any younger on top of that.

Bertuzzi - Cleary - Samuelsson are all dead weight, I hope we buy 'em all out. The role they playing can be filled with the young ones, specially after the emergence of Nyquist & Brunner ... if theyre development doesn't stop of course.

Even if his available, would you really welcome him back and pay to have the playoff ghost? Keep in mind his not getting any younger on top of that.

Bertuzzi - Cleary - Samuelsson are all dead weight, I hope we buy 'em all out. The role they playing can be filled with the young ones, specially after the emergence of Nyquist & Brunner ... if theyre development doesn't stop of course.

If the price wasn't too high I would be all over hossa! Having hossa would solve so many problems for this team. You can play him with pav, or you can reunite the eurotwins and have him play with fil and mule who I remember being a great line.

Z-pav- Abby

Hossa- fil- mule

Nyquist- helm- brunner

Cleary- Andy- Tatar

Eaves- tootoo

The more I look at it the more I love it! That's a pretty stacked lineup if you ask me

I don't get why people think Bert's going to retire. Dude's in serious financial trouble. If we buy him out, he'll be looking for another contract. NHL, AHL or otherwise.

I was attending an pregame event at home game this year and was entering the Joe through parking lot doors. I was walking to the doors talking on my cell phone, and Bert flies into the parking lot and almost runs me over. Wasn't that close, but close enough to get both our attention. He slowed down, swerved a bit, rolled his window down and with a big smile said "sorry about that man!". Annnnnywaaaay - he was driving a baller A$$ 2012 Range Rover - SE....(although not American made) beautiful vehicle. So, if that's being in financial trouble.....I WANT TO BE IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE TOO!!!

Guest Crymson

I'm pretty sure Cleary isn't owed any money.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I would be shocked if Cleary is not re-signed. Kenny and Babs both love the guy and he played his heart out and showed alot of guts and leadership in these playoffs. I know his body is worn down and he gets too much icetime. However, I thought he had an excellent playoff and in turn will be rewarded with a new contract. I see him taking a bit of a pay cut at around 2 mil. I don't know why most posters on this board seem to want to use him as the whipping boy. Well after Smith of course.

Guest DeGraa55

Why not?

He is a franzen lover. He rather have a worse player and bigger prissier ***** than bossa.

He is a franzen lover. He rather have a worse player and bigger prissier ***** than bossa.

I would love to have a 2nd line of hossa- fil- mule. Then a first line of z- datsyuk- Abby/ maybe some nyquist and brunner mixed in with the eurotwins

Edited by Flipper51

No, I don't care for Franzen on most days either. Just Hossa's general attitude and the fact that e was nothing but a Cup chaser for 3 years, when if he would have committed to a team, he'd probably have helped them win two or three. Screw him, there's plenty of talent in the league and our farm system.

Guest Playmaker

I realize this is the *unrealistic* thread. Just wanted to point out that the buyouts are a one time stipulation as part of the new CBA in order to help teams transition to the new salary cap. Each team gets two buyouts. That's it. You can't buy out a dozen or so players. Buyouts also do not void the contract. The team still has to pay out the remaining money on the contract. It's a huge financial committment to make on an owner's behalf in order to better a team and free up cap space. I'm doubtful there will be as many buyouts as fans are expecting.

FWIW, Cleary, Ian White, and Filppula are all UFA. No buyout necessary.

I don't get why people think Bert's going to retire. Dude's in serious financial trouble. If we buy him out, he'll be looking for another contract. NHL, AHL or otherwise.

Sure. I thought of that as well. I'm guessing that we won't be spending 8-9mil on a top-line forward this off-season, so there's room to play with regarding Bickell (or someone like him) in my plan.

If a real big gun's available, it'll be awfully tempting. Especially if it's a veteran we can get on a short-term contract.

Couldn't agree more. Love Cleary, but he's always hurt. I'd like to see him replaced by someone younger and more aggressive. Miller and Eaves I like too, but I'd rather have skilled kids like Tatar and Jarnrkok in the lineup.

Shall see who's available in FA (or trade) after the buy-outs start..

Who in their right mind would take on Tootoo's contract!?

Just to make room for the likes of Tatar, Jarnkrok..

For 1 year at less than 2 mil? Lots of teams could use him.

My unrealistic 13-14 team 23-man roster. (All players in their prime of course).

Lindsay-Yzerman-Howe
Abel-Delvecchio-Aurie
Ullman-Fedorov-Shanahan
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Redmond
Holmstrom-Ogrodnick

Lidstrom-Konstantinov
Kelly-Larson
Goodfellow-Pronovost
Chelios

Sawchuk-Osgood

-Bickell for 1 million is hilarious. He's going to demand 3 million or more. I don't think he's worth that but he certainly will demand it.

-Mursak already signed with a KHL team.

-Jarnkrok will likely be in the AHL most of the season. He doesn't appear to be physically ready for the NHL based on the WC.

-I just don't see Holland doing that many buy outs. The Wings are an organization that tries to avoid buy outs and burying veterans in the minors. That being said I do think Holland will use at least one compliance buy-out and likely make some trades.

-I think the Wings will think very hard about retaining Cleary after his post-season play this year. I wanted him gone in the regular season too but he was great in the playoffs.

Here's what I put together on Cap Geek:

FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($1.788m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($3.150m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.605m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.827m)
Jakub Kindl ($2.050m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,997,254; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $8,312,746

I traded Quincey rather than buy him out. He's definitely someone you could get a pick for as he's capable of playing 20mins a night, big and can play the pp/pk. A 4th round pick is way better than a buy-out bill.

If the Wings sign anyone I'd like them to go after Nathan Horton and offer him 5 million a year (a decent raise for him). He offers size, a right-hand shot, scoring and has been a solid playoff performer for the Bruins.