• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MidMichSteve

Wings-Hawks Gm 7 highest rated hockey game ever on NBCS

Rate this topic

Link

The next four-highest rated NHL games on the NBC Sports Network were all Stanley Cup finals games: Chicago-Philadelphia Game 3 in 2010 (1.97), Detroit-Pittsburgh Game 4 in 2009 (1.83), Detroit-Pittsburgh Game 3 in 2009 (1.69) and Chicago-Philadelphia Game 4 in 2010 (1.66).

The Wings will be missed in the West.

I've got a brother-in-law in Seattle who isn't a hockey fan, but he really enjoyed watching the Hawks and the Wings.

Wings moving to the east might be bad for ratings, but it will really help Wings fans that can't stay up for 10:30pm games.

The west wouldn't have been so bad if they could start the games at 9:00PM ET. Maybe even compromise with the west coast by starting games hosted in Detroit at 8:30PM, which would be 5:30 their time.

However, I'm more than happy to move to the east. I think the rivalries with Toronto and Boston are going to be awesome.

NBC commentators released their proposed new division names:

Division A: Crosby Division

Division B: Crosby Division

Division C: Crosby Division

Division D: Crosby Division

Edited by Holmstrom96

Interesting that the next four were games 3 and 4 from their respective series. Those must have been aired around the weekends. I wonder what Detroit-Pittsburgh game 7 was rated?

It was probably on NBC, not NBC sports

I am the only one who liked the west coast swings to Cali and western Canada, I guess. Work and traffic will prevent me from seeing the first period, or more, of most games now, going forward. I do like a lot of Eastern conference teams, however, so it will be fun to see them play again Boston, Sabres and Tampa Bay more often.

The good part is it will be easier on the Wings, with less travel and stress and expense to the club. The worst part: only one game on with Nashville per season, and that was where I actually got to SEE them and meet the guys, etc. It was fun while it lasted!!

So. When does the schedule come out for 2013-2014? :lol:

Hate to be a buzz kill but I don't take this as particularly great news.

I really hate to hear that NBC's production style and the image they put out there is apparently a more than profitable sell to the public. I don't particularly dislike NBC but the people they employ to be their talking heads for the game of hockey/NHL simply shouldn't ever be in a position where their jobs are safe because of good ratings that mostly come from the two teams of the series.

Hate to be a buzz kill but I don't take this as particularly great news.

I really hate to hear that NBC's production style and the image they put out there is apparently a more than profitable sell to the public. I don't particularly dislike NBC but the people they employ to be their talking heads for the game of hockey/NHL simply shouldn't ever be in a position where their jobs are safe because of good ratings that mostly come from the two teams of the series.

Damn, you're right. NBCS might think we actually LIKE EddieO and his "subtle" bias. :scared:

I wonder how we could get a petition going that would demand that local announcers not be used from teams that are playing on NBC/NBCS?

Damn, you're right. NBCS might think we actually LIKE EddieO and his "subtle" bias. :scared:

I wonder how we could get a petition going that would demand that local announcers not be used from teams that are playing on NBC/NBCS?

Just tell me where to sign

Edited by McAwesome

Guest The Axe

That was my favorite game in 5 years. Both teams playing well and clean + good officiating. Walkom's call just bad timing. Not the wrong call.

Guest DeGraa55

Ya I liked the old west coast late night games....but all the old timers tell me Detroit and toronto and Detroit Boston were some of the best rivalries ever....so def excited for it.