• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingCraig

Dekeyser on his way to Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Paterson played on a garbage team this year. i would think he plays one more year in the O while Mrazek plays a full season in Grand Rapids next year and then moves up to the Wings the season after. I think only 1 of Pearce or McCollum is with us next year, I thought I read that Pearce's contract is up

PSOE also develope at different ages. Some peak early late etc etc. But I hear a lot of people say Patterson will be better.

But with that said if one because a star to one day replace Howard were going to be really good off. No matter which one it is.

I don't know about that and I've been to many Spirit games.

I'm planning on making the trek from Detroit to Grand Rapids for game 6. Anyone here been to a Griffins game at Van Andel Arena? What should I expect? Interesting places to check out in GR?

I'm so excited for my first Griffins game. Hopefully I get to see Danny skate.

Guest Crymson

I'm planning on making the trek from Detroit to Grand Rapids for game 6. Anyone here been to a Griffins game at Van Andel Arena? What should I expect?

It's a different brand of hockey, for sure.

Edited by Crymson

I'm planning on making the trek from Detroit to Grand Rapids for game 6. Anyone here been to a Griffins game at Van Andel Arena? What should I expect? Interesting places to check out in GR?

I always liked hanging out on Wealthy Street. It's been years though. Nice arena for an AHL team.

Guest DeGraa55

Well management here is doing their best to kill hockey. Ten years ago the place was packed now they average 3k people....in the playoffs.

Use to go to at least a dozen a season since my old employer was a sponser,,,very awesome

Guest DeGraa55

Interesting. How so? Arena management or Wings management?

Arena management.

The placed used to be packed. Maybe 75% full now....not so much.

And its little things that ruined it for me. Idk what everyone else reason is.

But music selection. At a hockey game I want stuff like acdc not Taylor swift.

Banging on the glass is against their rules. Yelling things about the other team.

The stadium announcer used to announce stuff like "such and such is back to even strength" after a penalty and the fans would then yell "and they still suck". So because of the fans chant they stopped announcing when the opposing team killed off penalties.

And the list goes on.. .

Edited by DeGraa55

Go to a brewpub.

Guest Johnz96

I don't know about that and I've been to many Spirit games.

I've watched them a few times and every time I have the Spirit, were dominated and Patterson kept them in the game. He stole a game from the Greyhounds in which the Spirit had no business being in. He was great at the Team Canada camp. I watched an exhibition game that he started in and he looked great with a good team in front of him.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

Looks like the 2 most covetted NCAA free-agents this year will be facing off against each other for the Calder Cup.
Sustr has 5 assists 21 PIMS and is a +9 in 12 playoff games for the Crunch.

Arena management.

The placed used to be packed. Maybe 75% full now....not so much.

And its little things that ruined it for me. Idk what everyone else reason is.

But music selection. At a hockey game I want stuff like acdc not Taylor swift.

Banging on the glass is against their rules. Yelling things about the other team.

The stadium announcer used to announce stuff like "such and such is back to even strength" after a penalty and the fans would then yell "and they still suck". So because of the fans chant they stopped announcing when the opposing team killed off penalties.

And the list goes on.. .

That's too bad. Afraid they are going to bweak there poor wittle hearts? I remember when they were announcing the opposing teams names the crowd would shout after every player's name "Who cares".

I just get sick of the PC crap that goes on this world any more.

That's too bad. Afraid they are going to bweak there poor wittle hearts? I remember when they were announcing the opposing teams names the crowd would shout after every player's name "Who cares".

I just get sick of the PC crap that goes on this world any more.

Pretty strange. Don't the Ilitches own the team as well? Seems like they would have a say on things like that. Probably not even on the radar...

No they don't...believe they are owned by DeVos who owns Amway

Yep, you're right. DeVos and Van Andel both co-own the team.

My bad, I usually see the Griffins included in the "AHL teams owned by parent club" lists. Well, its owned by the sponsor of the parent club...close.