• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Draft position?

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

I doubt McCarron makes it to the 2nd round. He seems to have a lot of upside and at worst a big physical forward who can skate. Alraedy 6'5" 229ilbs and growing, he's gonna be a monster. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings trade down and get him and a bonus 2nd rounder(or prospect) out of it again.

More on McCarron

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CFMQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthehockeywriters.com%2Fmichael-mccarron-the-next-ones-nhl-2013-draft-prospect-profile%2F&ei=r8qsUbaQEqrp0gG4oYHgAQ&usg=AFQjCNED-ucleiRA1Z-loYLSXHxR4KN1UA&sig2=BqQMXCFNMy3zyG46BpN9LQ&bvm=bv.47244034,d.dmQ&cad=rja

A fight against Mike McKee's 5'10" teammate Jimmie Devito, looks like he is fighting Danny Devito lol. Devito actually takes him down. He is a tough little customer. 113 PIMs this year and a lot of youtube fight videos

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

Johnz96- I like your plan to trade down and take McCarron, if Mantha isn't available. Or why not package our 2nd and 3rds for a change and get them both?

Thanks MasterPavel. Either way sounds good to me.

Edited by Johnz96

got the hockey news draft preview mag theres quite a few guys that interest me in the 30+(although what they have listed and the top prospects rankings are off)

justin bailey 6'3 193 pds projected to be a power forward ranked 39 iss

artturi lehkonen 5'11 159 pds projected to be an offensive forward ranked 36 iss

zach sanford 6'3 190pds projected as an offensive forward not ranked

hudson fasching 6'3 214pds projected as a power forward ranked 44 iss

Johnz96- I like your plan to trade down and take McCarron, if Mantha isn't available. Or why not package our 2nd and 3rds for a change and get them both?

i dont think a team would trade there 1st round pick for our 2nd and 3rd it would have to take our 1st round pick to be involved in a deal to move down

i dont think a team would trade there 1st round pick for our 2nd and 3rd it would have to take our 1st round pick to be involved in a deal to move down

Not necessarily, Holland has traded his 1st round to teams before for their 2nd rounders... The year he drafted Ferraro, he traded his 1st round pick to Tampa I do believe for the 32nd pick. It has been done...and again in 2011 to trade down to draft Jurco...

sidenote: That 2011 2nd round could be a huge one for Detroit, they drafted Jurco, Sproul and Ouellet in that ONE round.

Edited by LeftWinger

Not necessarily, Holland has traded his 1st round to teams before for their 2nd rounders... The year he drafted Ferraro, he traded his 1st round pick to Tampa I do believe for the 32nd pick. It has been done...and again in 2011 to trade down to draft Jurco...

sidenote: That 2011 2nd round could be a huge one for Detroit, they drafted Jurco, Sproul and Ouellet in that ONE ro

I'd trade a 1st for 2 seconds

Edited by RedWingCraig

sidenote: That 2011 2nd round could be a huge one for Detroit, they drafted Jurco, Sproul and Ouellet in that ONE round.

yes he traded his 1st round(24th overall) pick for 2 2nd rounders (35 and 48 overall) nobody will trade us there 22nd pick lets say for 48 and 79 .... theres a big gap there , we just had to wait 11 spots and then get another pick 13 picks later

i can see something like detroit trading there 18th pick to mtl for there 25th and 34 or 36th pick but i cant see anyone giving up a 1st for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick of ours

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

i read columbus might be willing to trade one of there 1st round picks ( they got 3) for defensive help ... they got picks 14,19 and the kings pick ( would be nice to get 18 and 19 overall)

anyone got any ideas what we could offer up for 19th pick or the kings pick? ... lashoff,coliacovo and ferraro?

also i was checking up past drafts and noticed some pretty bad players getting there rights traded for picks ( benoit pouliot for a 5th , our backup gus got traded for a 7th ,wideman a player and a 5th ,ehroff twice for a 4th etc )

anyways point of that is i hope if were not gonna resign filppula we can at least get a 4th or 5th for him before july 5 ... same as our other ufa's

I watched the videos, not a huge fan of Mccaron. Seems a bit slow, the only thing he has going for him is his size, and he has a pretty decent shot. I would prefer a fast big physical power forward, like Bertuzzi in 2003

Guest Johnz96

I watched the videos, not a huge fan of Mccaron. Seems a bit slow, the only thing he has going for him is his size, and he has a pretty decent shot. I would prefer a fast big physical power forward, like Bertuzzi in 2003

Kids that big usually need more time growing into their bodies. He will be a big physical forward at the least and might turn out to be a big fast dominant power foward.

Kids that big usually need more time growing into their bodies. He will be a big physical forward at the least and might turn out to be a big fast dominant power foward.

I dunno, in a deep draft like this, I would prefer if we went after someone who was a better skater, big bodied forward with hands

Guest Johnz96

I dunno, in a deep draft like this, I would prefer if we went after someone who was a better skater, big bodied forward with hands

He is already a good skater for his size but will be much better. His skating reminds me a lot of Primeau's at the same age.

this is from the hockey news draft preview

some are excited about his potential while others arent as enamored of his game. One scout said if he was 6 foot instead of 6'5 he would be an afterthought in this years draft

Most of the knocks against mccarron have to do with consistency of effort and results , hes a guy who leaves you wanting more

Theres no reason why mccarron wont be able to eventually develop into a solid nhl player of the next couple years , you wonder if hes going to be the next big power forward or the next brad winchester

Thats the unknown.And as much as you want to see him available you might be scared to death if its your pick

I'll pass ..... theres quite a few other players im more excited about than mccarron

McCarron just had a great tournament, and is developing nicely. He is more of a project type that has a high ceiling. He would be a nice pick at the end of the 1st through the 2nd. I wouldn't take him at 18, but if we traded down and got a late 1st and an extra 2nd he would make a nice combo with Fashing, and a skill guy like Lehkonnen since last I heard he is falling.

if there's a big skilled forward to pick at #18, there has to be something wrong with the player. shouldn't last that long

Not in a draft this deep. That's why a bunch of guys on here are ok for a change with trading our 1st for 2nd rounders. Max Domi is set to go like 25th or something like that and he's damn good. Small, but good.

McCarron just had a great tournament, and is developing nicely. He is more of a project type that has a high ceiling. He would be a nice pick at the end of the 1st through the 2nd. I wouldn't take him at 18, but if we traded down and got a late 1st and an extra 2nd he would make a nice combo with Fashing, and a skill guy like Lehkonnen since last I heard he is falling.

At 159 pounds he's more getting knocked down rather than falling. He'd be fine in the 3rd/4th round, but for 1-3 we need big nasty bastards. 6'3 or bigger. Mantha would be nice in the 1st round, McCarron in the 2nd if he's around and the biggest dude left in the draft in the 3rd please. Time to be as big as the Kings and Bruins and punish other teams as opposed to being the one out there getting pulverised constantly.

Not in a draft this deep. That's why a bunch of guys on here are ok for a change with trading our 1st for 2nd rounders. Max Domi is set to go like 25th or something like that and he's damn good. Small, but good.

At 159 pounds he's more getting knocked down rather than falling. He'd be fine in the 3rd/4th round, but for 1-3 we need big nasty bastards. 6'3 or bigger. Mantha would be nice in the 1st round, McCarron in the 2nd if he's around and the biggest dude left in the draft in the 3rd please. Time to be as big as the Kings and Bruins and punish other teams as opposed to being the one out there getting pulverised constantly.

he is 6'5" 225 pounds... where did you get 159 pounds and smaller than 6'3"?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=82240&sort=finalRank&year=2013

he is 6'5" 225 pounds... where did you get 159 pounds and smaller than 6'3"?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=82240&sort=finalRank&year=2013

he was talking about lehkonen

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/10/arturri-lehkonen-2013-nhl-draft-player-profile-30/

Edited by wingsfan4795