Rate this topic

17. STEVE SANTINI D 6'2 207 R Mar. 7/95 USA U-18 USNTDP

18. FREDERIK GAUTHIER C 6'5 210 L Apr. 26/95 Rimouski QMJHL

19. VALENTIN ZYKOV RW 6'0 210 R Apr. 15/95 Baie-Comeau QMJHL

20. KERBY RYCHEL LW 6'1 200 L Oct. 7/94 Windsor OHL

21. JOSHUA MORRISSEY D 6'0 182 L Mar. 28/95 Prince Albert WHL

22. MADISON BOWEY D 6'1 200 R Apr. 22/95 Kelowna WHL

23. ANTHONY MANTHA F 6'4 190 L Sept. 16/94 Val-d'Or QMJHL

I am sticking with these guys. If ANY one of them are available, I hope we take him! If McCarron is around in the 2nd, he is a no brainer, but even if he falls to the 2nd, I really don't think he will be there when we pick our 2nd. Also Facshing would also be great! If somehow we came out of the first 3 rounds with any of the bolded in the 1st then McCarron and Facshing, I would be a VERY happy camper.

In the 1st round, that Zykov kid is really peaking my interest 6'0" 210lbs with more to grow is a very solid Russian player. PLUS he is a right handed shot. I could see him making the big club pretty quickly and to have him on Datsyuks right wing may be a pleasure to watch!

Edited by LeftWinger

he is 6'5" 225 pounds... where did you get 159 pounds and smaller than 6'3"?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=82240&sort=finalRank&year=2013

That Lehkkonen dude? I could swear I saw he was that size. I'll look again.

Z- I get what you're saying but you don't want to be one dimensional in any draft.

True, but our main need is a power forward and we need as many candidates for that role as we can get. If we get 2 power forwards and 2 giant grinders for the bottom 6, I'd poop myself with happiness. You obviously don't want just 1 kind of guy, but we have a dire need for it.

Guest The Axe

if there's a big skilled forward to pick at #18, there has to be something wrong with the player. shouldn't last that long

Yup. No speed. That McCarron guy has ZERO skating ability. He wont make the NHL.

Guest Johnz96

Yup. No speed. That McCarron guy has ZERO skating ability. He wont make the NHL.

He's awkward and gangly becuase he is a growing boy geytting used to that size but he gets around pretty good. The scouting reports compliment him on his skating. Do you know more about him than these guys who have watched him play numerous times?

Guest Johnz96

if there's a big skilled forward to pick at #18, there has to be something wrong with the player. shouldn't last that long

Clarkson (u/d)

Bickell (41)

Kesler (23)

Getzlaf (19)

Pacioretty (22)

C. Stewart (18)

Backes (62)

Lucic (50)

Neal (33)

Benn (129)

Bickell (41)

Simmonds (61)....

Guest The Axe

He's awkward and gangly becuase he is a growing boy geytting used to that size but he gets around pretty good. The scouting reports compliment him on his skating. Do you know more about him than these guys who have watched him play numerous times?

I watched the video. He's a pylon. Like the size, but the guy is NOT smooth.

I watched the video. He's a pylon. Like the size, but the guy is NOT smooth.

Again you're wrong. He has above average skating ability already, and he has just started to mature into his frame. Are you going to ignore his recent performance at the u18 tournament as well? Do I want him at 18 no, however if we find ourselves at the end of the 1st or beginning 2nd I'd love him. Reminds me of a bigger Hartnell...

Guest The Axe

Again you're wrong. He has above average skating ability already, and he has just started to mature into his frame. Are you going to ignore his recent performance at the u18 tournament as well? Do I want him at 18 no, however if we find ourselves at the end of the 1st or beginning 2nd I'd love him. Reminds me of a bigger Hartnell...

Sorry. Nothing in the video excited me. Big dude sloppin around the ice.

Sorry. Nothing in the video excited me. Big dude sloppin around the ice.

He is kinda gumpy lol, but he will look like a totally different skater in 3 years. The organization tends to do a good job of improving the prospects skating. He may be a total bust but he could also develop into the power forward we have been lacking.

There are a lot of big skilled first rounders this year. As such, at least one guy like Mantha, Gauthier, or Zykov, could realistically fall down to the 20-22 pick. If Detroit wants a big, strong, skilled, winger this is the year to get it. There's absolutely NO REASON for them to take someone like McCarron in the first when they could get a legit power forward for that in this year's draft with minimal effort. If they don't take one in the first, it's because they don't want one...which should be telling.

doubt he will be available but would anyone consider moving up to #7 and picking Nichushkin

if it were possible????

i heard edmonton saying they would trade the #7 if they can get defensive help now , i would never of thought of this before but with dekeyeser here and our good prospects at d maybe brendan smith and somethin else for the #7??

would anyone be up for that? disagree?

http://thehockeyhouse.net/nhl/2013-nhl-draft-preview-anton-slepyshev/

Thoughts as a 3rd or 4th rounder? Not tiny at 6'2 but obviously not a monster as admittedly we would like to draft. I am iffy as a 3rd but I think a 4th if he is around could be worth the gamble.

If he was to tell our scouts he would come after his contract in the khl ended I would take him in the 2nd. However due to the uncertainty the 4th seems about right.