• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Datsyuk: I want to sign extension with Wings this summer

Rate this topic

Such a big relief. As far as I'm concerned, the guy can draw up and sign his own contract, if he wants. I'm guessing he'll do something like 3 years, 7-7.5 million per.

I could honestly see him taking something like 5 mil to ensure that he gets some help to make some serious runs at the cup

Holland sounds like a jackass acting like he wouldn't throw the bank at Pasha. Listen, Pasha wouldn't go overboard in the first place. He understands the cap and from what i've seen, it isn't his personality. I could be completely wrong though. Anyways, look at these quotes.

Holland said it was "very important" to re-sign Datsyuk but noted that "he's got options, too. I'm going to make a call to his agent. I'd like to have a conversation. We know he's on the team next year. Negotiations are tough, because the player is trying to find out what's fair for him, and the team is trying to find out, competitively, what makes sense.

"Just because somebody says they want to stay doesn't mean you're going to have a contract done in a month."

http://www.freep.com/article/20130531/SPORTS05/305310080

Edited by evilzyme

Holland sounds like a jackass acting like he wouldn't throw the bank at Pasha. Listen, Pasha wouldn't go overboard in the first place. He understands the cap and from what i've seen, it isn't his personality. I could be completely wrong though. Anyways, look at these quotes.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130531/SPORTS05/305310080

He sounds so dumb. One of the best players in the world wants to say and you say that. Holland you should know who pav is and his personality. He's not gonna break the bank on you. You should be saying the same things that you were saying in lidstroms contract negotiations. Pav is that important to this team.

Guest Playmaker

Would people quit acting like they know Pavel Datsyuk personally and "know" what he would do or wouldn't do? He may want a ton of money. None of us here knows that. Ken Holland has been around the block a few times with star players. I think he knows what he's doing.

Guest DeGraa55

I'll be excited once its done. But its great he be back. I just hope pushes Holland to get Horton or clarkson to play with.

He sounds so dumb. One of the best players in the world wants to say and you say that. Holland you should know who pav is and his personality. He's not gonna break the bank on you. You should be saying the same things that you were saying in lidstroms contract negotiations. Pav is that important to this team.

Yeah, I think he could have worded it better. The only explanation is that Dats's agent is trying to play hardball, and that was who Kenny was speaking to directly.

He can, but Nyquist had the much fresher legs as this series went on.

Makes me wonder how much our older players would have had in the tank if we advanced.

Datsyuk wasn't playing like himself, but maybe it was an injury or something. Zetterberg did fine. His job in that series wasn't to score, it was to shut down toews, which he did flawlessly

I could see this negotiation goin both ways. I could see Pav being okay with his exact same pay. This would leave him around the same money as Zetterberg. This would also give us the best chance to ice a winning roster.

I could also see him asking for a raise but the only reason I can see that is because I know he probably wants to bank as much money as possible for his daughter to have for her life and her future family.

At the end of the day! I'm soooo pumped he is back but I think he says under 7 million so him and Z have around the same contract, or takes less. Pavel as already made his bank over the years.

He can, but Nyquist had the much fresher legs as this series went on.

Makes me wonder how much our older players would have had in the tank if we advanced.

Plenty. The older players were sitting in the press box. :P

Totally weird that Pavel was the oldest player on the ice for us most games.

I'm so happy that he wants to stay. With Brunner and Nyquist performing well, Tatar joining them next year, and Abby coming into his own, I'm feeling pretty good about our forward situation.

Guest The Axe

Datsyuk wasn't playing like himself, but maybe it was an injury or something. Zetterberg did fine. His job in that series wasn't to score, it was to shut down toews, which he did flawlessly

Bingo. Nyquist coughed the puck up on the game winner.