• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Datsyuk: I want to sign extension with Wings this summer

Rate this topic

This is the happiest news I've seen all season, literally. I was so pissed off at both sides during the lockout, and the only thing that made me want hockey back this year was to see guys like Datsyuk play. I would've loved for the rest of them to suffer the financial losses from losing the whole season. But Datsyuk is just such a rare and incredible talent who so obviously loves the game in the purest sense of the word. Guys like him rarely come around, and I'm thrilled that he'll still be around after next season. I wouldn't have held it against him if he chose to head home at all, as I understand why he'd want to, and I tend to believe that he was strongly considering that option. But again, I'm just thrilled that he wants to stay here for awhile longer. It's fantastic news.

He sounds so dumb. One of the best players in the world wants to say and you say that. Holland you should know who pav is and his personality. He's not gonna break the bank on you. You should be saying the same things that you were saying in lidstroms contract negotiations. Pav is that important to this team.

That he was willing to throw the kind of money he was throwing at Parise and Suter last summer and make the comments he is now is low class if you ask me. Some might argue, but this team is a shell of itself at this point without Pavel Datsyuk. I'm not saying he shouldn't negotiate and get Pavel a deal that helps the team, but you don't go crazy to land a guy like Parise last summer and then come back and make comments to the press like Holland has about signing Datsyuk. I doubt it'll come to Datsyuk wanting Holland to pay big time money, but it just screams all sorts of bats*** insanity to me that he'd make any reference to money and the cap in the press in regards to Datsyuk. It's fine in the negotiations with the agent in a private setting, but to me, it's just utterly and completely disrespectful to Datsyuk at this point, given what Holland's done in the last year, and what Datsyuk's done his whole career for this city.

And I don't give a flying f*** about the new cap. You don't play the money card to the press about someone as important as Pavel Datsyuk.

That he was willing to throw the kind of money he was throwing at Parise and Suter last summer and make the comments he is now is low class if you ask me. Some might argue, but this team is a shell of itself at this point without Pavel Datsyuk. I'm not saying he shouldn't negotiate and get Pavel a deal that helps the team, but you don't go crazy to land a guy like Parise last summer and then come back and make comments to the press like Holland has about signing Datsyuk. I doubt it'll come to Datsyuk wanting Holland to pay big time money, but it just screams all sorts of bats*** insanity to me that he'd make any reference to money and the cap in the press in regards to Datsyuk. It's fine in the negotiations with the agent in a private setting, but to me, it's just utterly and completely disrespectful to Datsyuk at this point, given what Holland's done in the last year, and what Datsyuk's done his whole career for this city.

And I don't give a flying f*** about the new cap. You don't play the money card to the press about someone as important as Pavel Datsyuk.[/quote

Yes. Basically let him write his own contract up

If they don't give him a bank cheque and let him fill in the number (years + salary) I ll be heavily disappointed. Don't lowball Pasha guy is a magician with the puck and an all heart player so glad he wants to stay.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Guest DeGraa55

So if Pavs ask for 3 years 30 million you're all cool with Kenny doing that?

Nope.we would have no money for fa and idk if we would or our own ufas. You don't improve your team with the same guys.

But with that said DAT won't want that much. I don't see him wanting much more than z if that much at all...

The Wings need to draft or acquire a young 19-20 year old skilled Russian center so that we can witness another awesome Larionov-Datsyuk mentor-mentee dynamic.

Pavel's career would come full circle as a Red Wing.

Or trade for Burmistrov who wants to leave the Jets asap

Based on what he's said regarding salary before, I don't think he's the kind of guy who would make a lot of ridiculous money demands. He's compared himself to other players with similar production and asked for similar pay. Very fair.

Guessing hell make as much as Z if not a little more. Nothing too extraordinary. He knows that him and Z are number one and two on the team, so I'm assuming he expects to stay the same around Z's pay.

Edited by kickazz

Based on what he's said regarding salary before, I don't think he's the kind of guy who would make a lot of ridiculous money demands. He's compared himself to other players with similar production and asked for similar pay. Very fair.

I get the sentiment of what you're saying. My memory just won't ever forget about the old days when Wings fans groaned about his last contract and the contract before that one. Captain Hindsight is always 20-20 though.

Was just going to post this. Instead of golfing Dats is fishing.

LOVE YOU DATS.

They look like large mouth bass to me.

Well Pav admits that he's terrible at golf. If he really is bad at it then I understand why it wouldn't be one of the first things he'd like to do after a rough series. His description of his golf game, "A lot of lost balls." Hahaha...

I think he should be given at least $7.5M a season. I would even give him $8M. He is worth every penny of it. He is a top 5 player in this league and deserves to be paid as such. Unless he tells Holland he will take less money to stay here, I don't even want to hear a fart out of Holland that sounds like "hometown discount."

Holland needs to get a #1 scorer to put on Dats line (who that is remains to be seen with buyouts coming up) and make Dats the happiest guy in the NHL. He needs a scorer and a grinder/tough guy on his line....remember the days of Probert/Yzerman/Gallant? All three guys had career years paying together. Get Dats a scorer and a tougher guy who will defend him at all cost and we are in business.