• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

He sounds so dumb. One of the best players in the world wants to say and you say that. Holland you should know who pav is and his personality. He's not gonna break the bank on you. You should be saying the same things that you were saying in lidstroms contract negotiations. Pav is that important to this team.

Yeah, I think he could have worded it better. The only explanation is that Dats's agent is trying to play hardball, and that was who Kenny was speaking to directly. 

#42 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

He can, but Nyquist had the much fresher legs as this series went on.

Makes me wonder how much our older players would have had in the tank if we advanced.

Datsyuk wasn't playing like himself, but maybe it was an injury or something. Zetterberg did fine. His job in that series wasn't to score, it was to shut down toews, which he did flawlessly

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#43 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

Great news.. Thank you Pavel  :w00t2: 

#44 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

I could see this negotiation goin both ways. I could see Pav being okay with his exact same pay. This would leave him around the same money as Zetterberg. This would also give us the best chance to ice a winning roster.

I could also see him asking for a raise but the only reason I can see that is because I know he probably wants to bank as much money as possible for his daughter to have for her life and her future family.

At the end of the day! I'm soooo pumped he is back but I think he says under 7 million so him and Z have around the same contract, or takes less. Pavel as already made his bank over the years.

#45 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

Best news of the year. He see's the potential of this team as we should.

#46 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

Thank you Pavel.

Unfinished business.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#47 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

He can, but Nyquist had the much fresher legs as this series went on.

Makes me wonder how much our older players would have had in the tank if we advanced.

Plenty.  The older players were sitting in the press box. :P

Totally weird that Pavel was the oldest player on the ice for us most games.

I'm so happy that he wants to stay.  With Brunner and Nyquist performing well, Tatar joining them next year, and Abby coming into his own, I'm feeling pretty good about our forward situation.

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Kenny must have assured him that he will have a supreme scorer on his line soon!

Great news! This will solidify his legacy in Detroit. Soon he will be passing Fedorov in many statistical categories...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#49 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

WOOOOOOO

Now nyquist can learn from him more

And jurco! :D

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#50 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Datsyuk wasn't playing like himself, but maybe it was an injury or something. Zetterberg did fine. His job in that series wasn't to score, it was to shut down toews, which he did flawlessly

Bingo. Nyquist coughed the puck up on the game winner.

#51 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

This is the happiest news I've seen all season, literally. I was so pissed off at both sides during the lockout, and the only thing that made me want hockey back this year was to see guys like Datsyuk play. I would've loved for the rest of them to suffer the financial losses from losing the whole season. But Datsyuk is just such a rare and incredible talent who so obviously loves the game in the purest sense of the word. Guys like him rarely come around, and I'm thrilled that he'll still be around after next season. I wouldn't have held it against him if he chose to head home at all, as I understand why he'd want to, and I tend to believe that he was strongly considering that option. But again, I'm just thrilled that he wants to stay here for awhile longer. It's fantastic news. 

-Elliot...does not panic.

#52 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

He sounds so dumb. One of the best players in the world wants to say and you say that. Holland you should know who pav is and his personality. He's not gonna break the bank on you. You should be saying the same things that you were saying in lidstroms contract negotiations. Pav is that important to this team.

That he was willing to throw the kind of money he was throwing at Parise and Suter last summer and make the comments he is now is low class if you ask me. Some might argue, but this team is a shell of itself at this point without Pavel Datsyuk. I'm not saying he shouldn't negotiate and get Pavel a deal that helps the team, but you don't go crazy to land a guy like Parise last summer and then come back and make comments to the press like Holland has about signing Datsyuk. I doubt it'll come to Datsyuk wanting Holland to pay big time money, but it just screams all sorts of bats*** insanity to me that he'd make any reference to money and the cap in the press in regards to Datsyuk. It's fine in the negotiations with the agent in a private setting, but to me, it's just utterly and completely disrespectful to Datsyuk at this point, given what Holland's done in the last year, and what Datsyuk's done his whole career for this city.

And I don't give a flying f*** about the new cap. You don't play the money card to the press about someone as important as Pavel Datsyuk.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#53 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

[quote name="gcom007" post="2416831" timestamp="1370118337"]

That he was willing to throw the kind of money he was throwing at Parise and Suter last summer and make the comments he is now is low class if you ask me. Some might argue, but this team is a shell of itself at this point without Pavel Datsyuk. I'm not saying he shouldn't negotiate and get Pavel a deal that helps the team, but you don't go crazy to land a guy like Parise last summer and then come back and make comments to the press like Holland has about signing Datsyuk. I doubt it'll come to Datsyuk wanting Holland to pay big time money, but it just screams all sorts of bats*** insanity to me that he'd make any reference to money and the cap in the press in regards to Datsyuk. It's fine in the negotiations with the agent in a private setting, but to me, it's just utterly and completely disrespectful to Datsyuk at this point, given what Holland's done in the last year, and what Datsyuk's done his whole career for this city.

And I don't give a flying f*** about the new cap. You don't play the money card to the press about someone as important as Pavel Datsyuk.[/quote

Yes. Basically let him write his own contract up

#54 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

So if Pavs ask for 3 years 30 million you're all cool with Kenny doing that?

#55 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

If they don't give him a bank cheque and let him fill in the number (years + salary) I ll be heavily disappointed. Don't lowball Pasha guy is a magician with the puck and an all heart player so glad he wants to stay. Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#56 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

The Wings need to draft or acquire a young 19-20 year old skilled Russian center so that we can witness another awesome Larionov-Datsyuk mentor-mentee dynamic. 

Pavel's career would come full circle as a Red Wing. 

#57 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

There is a guy named. Nischuhskin, he has size an explosiveness. Maybe he will fall to the Wings because of the the Russianlfactor Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#58 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Yes I am

#59 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Nope.we would have no money for fa and idk if we would or our own ufas. You don't improve your team with the same guys.

But with that said DAT won't want that much. I don't see him wanting much more than z if that much at all...

#60 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

The Wings need to draft or acquire a young 19-20 year old skilled Russian center so that we can witness another awesome Larionov-Datsyuk mentor-mentee dynamic. 

Pavel's career would come full circle as a Red Wing. 

Or trade for Burmistrov who wants to leave the Jets asap