• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Datsyuk: I want to sign extension with Wings this summer

Rate this topic

And Jurco. Jurco needs Dats the most of any Wings prospect for obvious reasons, though they can all learn magic tricks from him.

The possibility of a line of Nyquist-Datsyuk-Jurco is a pure blessing from the Hockey Gods. So much dangle. Although these days that line is more for the video games. It may not work all that well in real life. Nyquist and Jurco are willing "piano pullers" but they're both more of a "piano player" type of style.

The same people call Holland dumb every off season when he makes the same canned statement.

"The player has an agent and they may want to test the market, we will make what we think is a fair offer and see how it goes from there. But the player and the agent have to make a decision this probably won't be quick."

Go back to last off season or the one before that and tell me the same things weren't said about Abby, Miller, Kronwall etc...

Why get upset, it is Holland's canned speech that he gives for all free agent Wings.

Do you think behind closed doors he and dats aren't already close to a deal, he was really just letting people know this may not be quick.

But the Holland haters are gonna hate no matter what! Look no further than the grief he gets over not getting Suter, even though Suter chose Minnesota for reasons not related to the offer given!

EDIT:

OH look, now he is saying he wants to sign Dats as soon as July 5th!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/datsyuk-hopes-sign-deal-red-000639700--nhl.html

From Article:

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland wants to sign Datsyuk to another deal as early as July 5.
Edited by Opie

The same people call Holland dumb every off season when he makes the same canned statement.

"The player has an agent and they may want to test the market, we will make what we think is a fair offer and see how it goes from there. But the player and the agent have to make a decision this probably won't be quick."

Go back to last off season or the one before that and tell me the same things weren't said about Abby, Miller, Kronwall etc...

Why get upset, it is Holland's canned speech that he gives for all free agent Wings.

Do you think behind closed doors he and dats aren't already close to a deal, he was really just letting people know this may not be quick.

But the Holland haters are gonna hate no matter what! Look no further than the grief he gets over not getting Suter, even though Suter chose Minnesota for reasons not related to the offer given!

EDIT:

From Article:

A) If you don't think there's a difference between the way he should talk about Abby or Miller and Datsyuk, then I feel sorry for you. Again, compare how he talked about Lidstrom's deals to this situation.

B) Of Course he wants it locked up July 5, so he knows how much he can spend. That's why there's a rush to get it done.

Lids is a once in a lifetime player, I love Pavel but he is not Lids or Stevie Y, and neither is Z for that matter.

I also said Kronwall which you left out, in his contract discussion Holland said the same thing.

He said the same thing when Z was up, it is the canned answer for everyone that is not a once in a lifetime player.

My point, that is Holland's canned answer, he gives that answer to the media every June!

EDIT:

From Article:

Lids is a once in a lifetime player, I love Pavel but he is not Lids or Stevie Y, and neither is Z for that matter.

I also said Kronwall which you left out, in his contract discussion Holland said the same thing.

He said the same thing when Z was up, it is the canned answer for everyone that is not a once in a lifetime player.

My point, that is Holland's canned answer, he gives that answer to the media every June!

I'll try to hit on all of these. Firstly, he didn't just say the player has an agent and may want to test the market. Pasha has already stated if he's playing in the NHL it's going to be Detroit, and he's the one sitting here saying he wants a contract. Different story. Holland says this;

Holland said it was "very important" to re-sign Datsyuk but noted that "he's got options, too.

No, I don't think they are very close because they haven't talked contracts during this whole season. Holland has said all season that he's met with Pasha's agent once and they said they would discuss everyone before he left for Russia during the off season. I think the majority of the hate towards that comment is that you shouldn't have to say, "I got other options" towards one of your alternative captains, none the less a generational talent that has given you everything he has.

I don't know where you're getting the "It's just the Holland haters finding anything and everything!!!" It's a dumb comment to say, especially publicly to the media. All he should've and could've said was exactly what you stated, "we'll see how everything goes, but obviously this is our main priority in having him around here for more years because of everything he's done. we'll sit down and make sure the contract makes sense for both Pavel and the franchise in the future." And no, i'm the furthest from a Holland hater, i'm normally the one defending him around here, it's just that you don't say that towards a core player and someone whom is regarded as an alternative captain for your team.

As for your article stating he wants a deal done by July 5th, it was published the same day as the freep and MLive articles. It's just a journalist excluding quotes and stating what he believes himself. Every quote from the same day out of Hollands mouth didn't say anything about getting it done asap on July 5th.

Now mind you, all of this can be taken out of context and Holland could be speaking on behalf of Pasha having options. The problem I have with that is; (1) you have your star player asking to get more years with the franchise (2) he's stated that the only NHL team he'll play for is Detroit or he'll go to the KHL.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130531/SPORTS05/305310080 3:25 PM, May 31, 2013

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/05/pavel_datsyuk_says_he_wants_to.html on May 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM, updated May 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/datsyuk-hopes-sign-deal-red-000639700--nhl.html The Associated PressFri, May 31, 2013 8:06 PM EDT

As for Lidstrom being a generational one of a kind, but Pavel not? It just doesn't make sense to me. Lidstrom played unreal defense and contributed offensively while excelling at both. Pavel is one of the best playmakers in the game, the slickest hands the league has seen, and regarded as one of the best 2-way players to play the game. You can't replace Pavel, he's a one of a kind. They're both generational talents and to say one is while the other isn't just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by evilzyme

Guest The Axe

Datsyuk is like Lids. You dont get a guy like him ever again.

True this.

Opie do you seriously think Datsyuk is not a once in a lifetime player? The median seems the be the league has never seen someone with Pav's hands, ever-and thats just about his stick handling... Pavel carried this team many, many times this past season (and seasons past) like only the Yzermans & Lidstroms can, with his timely goals, passes, hits & ninja like take away's. Just saying if we grow this type of player on trees we are one lucky group...And yes the Datsyuk fan club has arrived wooot wooot

True this.

Opie do you seriously think Datsyuk is not a once in a lifetime player? The median seems the be the league has never seen someone with Pav's hands, ever-and thats just about his stick handling... Pavel carried this team many, many times this past season (and seasons past) like only the Yzermans & Lidstroms can, with his timely goals, passes, hits & ninja like take away's. Just saying if we grow this type of player on trees we are one lucky group...And yes the Datsyuk fan club has arrived wooot wooot

Marc Savard, is the first name that comes to mind when you say dats is a once in a life time player.

Without Matt Cooke scrambling his brain Savard and Dats were very close, defensively Savard was a step or two behind, but offensively they were arguably the two best playmakers in the league at the time.

Think about it this way:

Yzerman arguably the greatest captain the sport has ever seen and one of the top goal scorers, assist and point total players, and arguably one of the best two way forwards.

LIds arguably top 2 best defense man of all time, norris trophies up the wazoo.

Dats arguably the best ????? of all time?

Dats is great, but he is a level below Lids and Yzerman. Not saying that is bad, just saying that when Holland talked about contracts with everyone on this team not named Lidstrom he has said that they will wait to see what happens with the player and the agent.

That is his canned speech, my whole point to bringing this up is not to compare the players and start a flame war, but to say that for every free agent that has come up in Holland's tenure he has used the same we will see comments in the media, except for Lidstrom.

So when the haters were all up in arms because Holland said he would wait and see, that it is just media speak.

Much like if Dats had a hat trick and 8 take-aways and the team lost 5-3, he would come out and say everyone needed to play better.

He wouldn't come out and say, "I did my part the team sucked"

I'll try to hit on all of these. Firstly, he didn't just say the player has an agent and may want to test the market. Pasha has already stated if he's playing in the NHL it's going to be Detroit, and he's the one sitting here saying he wants a contract. Different story. Holland says this;

No, I don't think they are very close because they haven't talked contracts during this whole season. Holland has said all season that he's met with Pasha's agent once and they said they would discuss everyone before he left for Russia during the off season. I think the majority of the hate towards that comment is that you shouldn't have to say, "I got other options" towards one of your alternative captains, none the less a generational talent that has given you everything he has.

I don't know where you're getting the "It's just the Holland haters finding anything and everything!!!" It's a dumb comment to say, especially publicly to the media. All he should've and could've said was exactly what you stated, "we'll see how everything goes, but obviously this is our main priority in having him around here for more years because of everything he's done. we'll sit down and make sure the contract makes sense for both Pavel and the franchise in the future." And no, i'm the furthest from a Holland hater, i'm normally the one defending him around here, it's just that you don't say that towards a core player and someone whom is regarded as an alternative captain for your team.

As for your article stating he wants a deal done by July 5th, it was published the same day as the freep and MLive articles. It's just a journalist excluding quotes and stating what he believes himself. Every quote from the same day out of Hollands mouth didn't say anything about getting it done asap on July 5th.

Now mind you, all of this can be taken out of context and Holland could be speaking on behalf of Pasha having options. The problem I have with that is; (1) you have your star player asking to get more years with the franchise (2) he's stated that the only NHL team he'll play for is Detroit or he'll go to the KHL.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130531/SPORTS05/305310080 3:25 PM, May 31, 2013

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/05/pavel_datsyuk_says_he_wants_to.html on May 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM, updated May 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/datsyuk-hopes-sign-deal-red-000639700--nhl.html The Associated PressFri, May 31, 2013 8:06 PM EDT

As for Lidstrom being a generational one of a kind, but Pavel not? It just doesn't make sense to me. Lidstrom played unreal defense and contributed offensively while excelling at both. Pavel is one of the best playmakers in the game, the slickest hands the league has seen, and regarded as one of the best 2-way players to play the game. You can't replace Pavel, he's a one of a kind. They're both generational talents and to say one is while the other isn't just doesn't make sense to me.

I'd say the slickest hands the league has ever seen. Even Gretzky couldn't stickhandle like Dats. Gretzky also played on a dynasty in Edmonton that every year there was the 2002 Wings. If Dats got to play against Gretzky, even the Great One would have problems with Dats' thievery. Dats would pick Waynes pocket, lick him behind his ear and undress his teammates on his way to the net.

I dont care if he is your franchise player....any gm or boss worth his salt is not going to say.... "Whatever Pasha wants Pasha gets". Thats bad bizness as well as stupid.

Redwings have a system that works and the players know that coming here....its a privelage to play in NHL and the Wings put no player over the team.

Theres a reason we have been the model for 25 years and its not cuz we chase around our stars throwing blank checks at them.

And if pasha wants 4 years 40 million...Pasha can go play in Toronto or Russia.

The closest we may get is Jurco, a poor man's Datsyuk, which is why he needs some 1 on 1 time with Dats. He must take him under his Wing and show him the ways. Like Yoda and Luke Skywalker or something, with the superior coaching of Obabcockobi.

Dats would pick Waynes pocket, lick him behind his ear and undress his teammates on his way to the net.

If I wasn't posting from my phone, the "I've never been more aroused" gif would be making an appearance right now.

But to stay on topic, I can't think of another player that makes me sit back and say WOW like Dats does. SO glad he's ours for a little while longer!

Holland said it was "very important" to re-sign Datsyuk but noted that "he's got options, too. I'm going to make a call to his agent. I'd like to have a conversation. We know he's on the team next year. Negotiations are tough, because the player is trying to find out what's fair for him, and the team is trying to find out, competitively, what makes sense.

"Just because somebody says they want to stay doesn't mean you're going to have a contract done in a month."

I'm still trying to figure out why everyone is up in arms about this.

"It's very important to sign him" Duh. No one is arguing that.

"he's got options, too. I'm going to make a call to his agent. I'd like to have a conversation."

Of course he's got other options. We've been debating whether he'll stay here or go KHL for months. Also, he technically and legally does have the option of going to another team, and it has happened where other players have stunned their fanbases by leaving. Pavel has said that he wants to come back, and I believe that he's telling the truth. This isn't a situation like Borque/Hasek/Gretzky etc. where other factors, some beyond the player's control, some involving getting to a winning team, were happening.

Still, other teams and the KHL are other options and Kenny can't just assume that we have a done deal no matter how much both want one. Remember Feds. I know, another different case, but still a case for not enumerating pre-natal poultry.

Kenny is going to call his agent. Good plan. No one can argue that course of action. Carrier pigeon is SO last century.

"We know he's on the team next year."

Ya think? His contract doesn't end until the end of next year. If he was going to retire, become a monk, bolt for Russia, or become a lounge singer, he'd have done so already. Trade him? Never! What on earth could you possibly get in return that the league would even allow. Three wishes with the option to use the third wish for unlimited wishes? Not happening.

"Negotiations are tough, because the player is trying to find out what's fair for him, and the team is trying to find out, competitively, what makes sense. Just because somebody says they want to stay doesn't mean you're going to have a contract done in a month."

Nope. Contracts don't write themselves. Plus since he can't sign another one until the 5th of July, and this quote came before the 5th of June, he can't sign one in a month.

All this means is that they need to work out the details. You have to have details. If Pavel wants only red M&M's in his lunchbox, he'll get it, but he may have to forgo the ever-popular NTC to get it. Or vice versa.

There's nothing here that says to me that there will be any difficulty on either side, just that they can't do it immediately and that they have to actually sit down and do it. Business, and nothing more, and nothing offensive or dismissive that I can find at all.

If I wasn't posting from my phone, the "I've never been more aroused" gif would be making an appearance right now.

But to stay on topic, I can't think of another player that makes me sit back and say WOW like Dats does. SO glad he's ours for a little while longer!

There's very few players in NHL history that you sit there and think, that guy can do something that no one else can. The only guy that could move his hands close to as fast as his feet and highlight reel all over a goalie is Pavel Bure.

Stevie Y did some pretty messed up things to Dmen and his YouTube reels are great to watch because of it.

Messier's down the wing snapper across the net....man he could sizzle a puck.

Gretzky...he just always knew where his guys were and his 1965 assists are a good indication of that.

Mario Lemieux could deke through an army of guys and hold them off with his size. He was a lazy backchecker, but man could he drive the offense.

Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe and the likes of those guys were pioneers, but I never got to watch them live or have many great videos of them, but we all knew they were great.

I think the thing that we can say about Datsyuk is that he is the smoothest player we've ever seen. The seamless plays he makes where he dekes out the same guy 5 times and then drives the net while the other 10 guys on the ice watch in awe. That doesn't come around often. The longer Dats is around, the better.

Guest The Axe

There's very few players in NHL history that you sit there and think, that guy can do something that no one else can. The only guy that could move his hands close to as fast as his feet and highlight reel all over a goalie is Pavel Bure.

Stevie Y did some pretty messed up things to Dmen and his YouTube reels are great to watch because of it.

Messier's down the wing snapper across the net....man he could sizzle a puck.

Gretzky...he just always knew where his guys were and his 1965 assists are a good indication of that.

Mario Lemieux could deke through an army of guys and hold them off with his size. He was a lazy backchecker, but man could he drive the offense.

Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe and the likes of those guys were pioneers, but I never got to watch them live or have many great videos of them, but we all knew they were great.

I think the thing that we can say about Datsyuk is that he is the smoothest player we've ever seen. The seamless plays he makes where he dekes out the same guy 5 times and then drives the net while the other 10 guys on the ice watch in awe. That doesn't come around often. The longer Dats is around, the better.

If i have to ice 5 guys of the exact same player, I would ice 5 Fedorovs. There is no doubt in my mind he is the best all around hockey player of all time. Datsyuk would make my top 10 of best all around hockey players, though.