• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

2013 Thank You Hockeytown - Player Message

Rate this topic

Simply the greatest Team on earth to follow. Even though they unsurprisingly look a little bit tired and disappointed now. ;)

Edit : Did Cleary lost an eye ? His left one looks scary fixed in the video. :D

Edited by derblaueClaus

Simply the greatest Team on earth to follow. Even though they unsurprisingly look a little bit tired and disappointed now. ;)

Edit : Did Cleary lost an eye ? His left one looks scary fixed in the video. :D

I think Cleary's eye has been like that since the Pronger Cat-Scratch incident of '08. If not, we'll just hate Pronger for it anyway, just because he's Pronger.

That was a very nice video they did. Is Brunner a little cutie-pie or what?

OK, I cried... God, I love these guys. I can't wait for October! Thank YOU, my Wings, for a valiant heart-felt effort, in spite of the obstacles and injuries. I couldn't love you any more.

I applaud all the local fans who went to games and cheered your hearts out for the Wings. See? They know you're there! I was sure that they did, and they appreciate it.

Go, Wings, next year is our year!!

Edited by puckloo39

Can't believe they all said the Joe has never been louder. I didn't think it was possible!

I think where the mics are located do a terrible job of letting people on tv know how loud it is at the Joe. The fans love the Wings and do show it at the Joe, especially during the playoffs.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

I think where the mics are located do a terrible job of letting people on tv know how loud it is at the Joe. The fans love the Wings and do show it at the Joe, especially during the playoffs.

Yeah, it seems like I first noticed and more often notice Jimmy's post love tapping at other stadiums but rarely hear it on the TV for home games. Seems like the mics need an upgrade or re positioning.

Can't believe they all said the Joe has never been louder. I didn't think it was possible!

Just from watching on TV there's definately been a different vibe the last few seasons, like they're getting a different crowd - less corporate, more blue collar. During the reign of Yzerman the lower bowl was always half empty due to corporate no-shows, rarely see that now. Whether that's because the team has changed, or because Detroit's economy has changed, or both, I dunno.

I do know that the crowd sounds much rowdier than it ever used to.

kronwall looks like he wants to commit suicide

Yeah it's tough to see him beat himself up over that. I don't blame him too much but at the same time, I feel like it's pretty admirable that he cares enough to take it that hard. I guess that's why he's got the A on his sweater.

I don't care if Zetterberg owns an iron. Doesnt bother me that Brunner wore a hat that looks like he stole it from Kmart, or that Cleary's eye looks like he has a raging staph infection....that video is all class. This team is all class. The heart that they showed in the playoffs translated perfectly in that video. They are obviously are all devastated but to put that aside and say a genuine thank-you to the fans.......pure awesome. They should be proud of themselves and I know that I feel proud to be a Wings fan every day. They are the classiest bunch of guys from the BEST franchise in sport.

Thank you to YOU Red Wings, for bringing it every night and allowing us to enjoy Wings hockey for just a little longer than most expected this year! I can't wait for the fall!!!

I don't care if Zetterberg owns an iron. Doesnt bother me that Brunner wore a hat that looks like he stole it from Kmart, or that Cleary's eye looks like he has a raging staph infection....that video is all class. This team is all class. The heart that they showed in the playoffs translated perfectly in that video. They are obviously are all devastated but to put that aside and say a genuine thank-you to the fans.......pure awesome. They should be proud of themselves and I know that I feel proud to be a Wings fan every day. They are the classiest bunch of guys from the BEST franchise in sport.

Thank you to YOU Red Wings, for bringing it every night and allowing us to enjoy Wings hockey for just a little longer than most expected this year! I can't wait for the fall!!!

:clap:

Quote for pure awesomeness.

It's also a good way to start out Hank's reign as captain. I wonder if it was his idea or someone else's. Whoever thought of it should be proud.

This year, more than any other year that we haven't won a Cup, I think the fans adore the Wings for what they've put into it. I hope they can feel it.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I recall Kozlov's English never improving. Most overtime winners are fluke goals. Same could have happened to the hawks. They just got lucky before we did.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

It was cool to hear them notice how loud we were in the Joe this year. Hope the tradition keeps going.

And why is Datsyuk giving off mad Borat vibes in this video? Haha. The guy cracks me up in interviews. I actually just watched this one and his comment is the best.