• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Wings interested in Stalberg and Bickell

Rate this topic

Didn't see anything from Stalberg in the Chicago series that made me interested in him coming to play for the Red Wings. I think with the number of forwards already locked up or under consideration for the roster next season, any signing/trade needs to give the Red Wings something they don't already have.

Horton/Clarkson and Bickell definitely are players I would like the Red Wings to push for in free agency.

Edited by GoWings1905

Didn't see anything from Stalberg in the Chicago series that made me interested in him coming to play for the Red Wings. I think with the number of forwards already locked up or under consideration for the roster next season, any signing/trade needs to give the Red Wings something they don't already have.

Horton/Clarkson and Bickell definitely are players I would like the Red Wings to push for in free agency.

Stalberg did have a couple of great chances, but yes, other than those few chances he didn't seem to do much else. If he's been in Q's doghouse, I don't see Babs giving him more love. His size+speed is intriguing though...

I wouldn't mind having a Bickell type player, but Holland doesn't seem to like players like that, based on the free agent signings we usually make.

There's been Grier/Clarkson/Winchester/Neil, etc. talk on here, as long as I can remember.

I wouldn't mind having a Bickell type player, but Holland doesn't seem to like players like that, based on the free agent signings we usually make.

There's been Grier/Clarkson/Winchester/Neil, etc. talk on here, as long as I can remember.

I have to agree here. I don't see them picking up someone like that at all. Look for lilja or something like that coming. thats about it.

I have to agree here. I don't see them picking up someone like that at all. Look for lilja or something like that coming. thats about it.

I guess an old washed up big man like Bertuzzi is about the only thing I can remember.

But I wouldn't think of him as a big, bruising player by the time he came to Detroit (either time).

We are def gonna need a player that can score and is gritty when we move to the Eastern Conference. Just not sure that guy is Bickell. Clarkson will cost a lot but if we buy out Sammy and Bert and kick Cleary to the curb that will open up some cap space.

Guest DeGraa55

Takes care of 2 lines. Abby-Dat-Clarkson and then Bickell-Zetterberg-Franzen

And even better if franzen bought out....put Brunner there. And your 3rd is Nyquist Anderson and Tatar.

But that's living in lala land cause it makes too much sense.

Guest The Axe

No kidding, huh. It wouldnt surprise me if we picked up Devereaux.

I think my left nut would explode if we signed clarkson.

horton-yes.

Dickell-not a chance. Don't need a guy who's gonna turn into jamal mayers in 2 years.

John Scott: How many of you are sniffing Draino?

Guest The Axe

I think my left nut would explode if we signed clarkson.

horton-yes.

Dickell-not a chance. Don't need a guy who's gonna turn into jamal mayers in 2 years.

John Scott: How many of you are sniffing Draino?

I want Horton, Flip, and Helm. Thats good enough.

Guest Crymson

And even better if franzen bought out....put Brunner there. And your 3rd is Nyquist Anderson and Tatar.

But that's living in lala land cause it makes too much sense.

Buying out a perennial 25-30 goal scorer who makes only $4m might make great sense to you. To many of the rest of us, it doesn't.

Guest The Axe

Buying out a perennial 25-30 goal scorer who makes only $4m might make great sense to you. To many of the rest of us, it doesn't.

If you asked this guy to pitch in 20 bucks to help with the Franzen buyout, he'd probably have second thoughts about it. But hes ok with suggesting Ilitch to cough up 20 MILLION. I told everyone 4 months ago - DROP THE FRANZEN BUYOUT TALK. It is borderline cause for a lobotomy. The Yankees are the ONLY team in professional sports that can dump millions upon millions in bad contracts and still have such an overwhelming profit that it makes sense to do it. The Wings are not that way.

If they add a tough guy that can score goals as well that would be amazing. I'd like to see another DMac type winger on this roster again.

I think the organization feels Abby is gonna develop into that guy. But I still would like Bickell and Stalberg but room would need to be created with buyouts.

If they add a tough guy that can score goals as well that would be amazing. I'd like to see another DMac type winger on this roster again.

Why do people feel that Bickell is a "tough guy"? He's big, but he's not really a fighter.

Six fights in 4 seasons, lost most of them and doesn't fight heavyweights ... discounting one against Staubitz.