• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Wings interested in Stalberg and Bickell

Rate this topic

David Clarkson has to be a top priority. Not a pure scoring sniper, but a big, net-front presence. Kind of like Holmstrom, except he can fight.

I would not mind adding Bickell. He was a prick against Detroit, but I think he was mostly that way on direct orders from Quenneville, and it being the playoffs. The little I saw of him in the past, against Detroit and other teams, he was not nearly as big of a meathead as he was against us. He's not much of a fighter, thought, so don't expect an enforcer type. If you really want to add an enforcer that can handle the heavyweight in the East, there is always the option of Colton Orr. But what are the chances of Holland having Tootoo AND Orr on the same team??? Not good.

Why would Bickell or Stalberg sign with the Wings? Right now they are on the better team that will most likely offer them more money (and likely to take a loyalty discount if they do win the Cup) than the Wings would. We all know how Holland plays the UFA game, anyone who was not on the Wings the day before free agency starts will get a smaller offer from the Wings than any other team. He will look to sign our UFAs first (like Flip and Cleary for some reason) and then go after the bigger fish if he has money left over, but mostly for depth guys (Tootoo, Cola, Sammy, etc).

The only time he goes all in is with hired guns/rentals like Hossa and Jagr who have names that all hockey fans are aware of. He will not sign 3rd and 4th liners because it seems like our 3rd and 4th lines are set if and when Helm comes back.

I see Bert and Sammy hopefully saying goodbye to make room for the younger guys and HOPEFULLY Holland fixing what killed us against Chicago, bigger and more experienced defensemen to let some others fix their game in GR and stop turning the puck over, and being beaten one on one while standing still at the blueline, or making blind passes up the boards to no one, or pinching down under the goal line during a line change, etc.

Why do people feel that Bickell is a "tough guy"? He's big, but he's not really a fighter.

Six fights in 4 seasons, lost most of them and doesn't fight heavyweights ... discounting one against Staubitz.

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=150940&Fight=152073#Fight152073

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=219579&Fight=205758#Fight205758

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=379655&Fight=348276#Fight348276

Why would Bickell or Stalberg sign with the Wings? Right now they are on the better team that will most likely offer them more money (and likely to take a loyalty discount if they do win the Cup) than the Wings would. We all know how Holland plays the UFA game, anyone who was not on the Wings the day before free agency starts will get a smaller offer from the Wings than any other team. He will look to sign our UFAs first (like Flip and Cleary for some reason) and then go after the bigger fish if he has money left over, but mostly for depth guys (Tootoo, Cola, Sammy, etc).

The only time he goes all in is with hired guns/rentals like Hossa and Jagr who have names that all hockey fans are aware of. He will not sign 3rd and 4th liners because it seems like our 3rd and 4th lines are set if and when Helm comes back.

I see Bert and Sammy hopefully saying goodbye to make room for the younger guys and HOPEFULLY Holland fixing what killed us against Chicago, bigger and more experienced defensemen to let some others fix their game in GR and stop turning the puck over, and being beaten one on one while standing still at the blueline, or making blind passes up the boards to no one, or pinching down under the goal line during a line change, etc.

the Hawks probably cant give him a raise they have 2 million in cap room, With Handzus Stalberg, Emery, and Rosival all UFA's and Leddy a RFA

Guest Johnz96

If you asked this guy to pitch in 20 bucks to help with the Franzen buyout, he'd probably have second thoughts about it. But hes ok with suggesting Ilitch to cough up 20 MILLION. I told everyone 4 months ago - DROP THE FRANZEN BUYOUT TALK. It is borderline cause for a lobotomy. The Yankees are the ONLY team in professional sports that can dump millions upon millions in bad contracts and still have such an overwhelming profit that it makes sense to do it. The Wings are not that way.

Illitch would gladly cough up the money if it was deemed best for the team.

Might just as well list his fights in Midget if you're only going to show fights in the AHL.

In the NHL he's not a tough guy.

Pretty much. You have to remember, that Wings fans have a different definition of who is or isn't a fighter, enforcer or heavyweight.

Bickell has only had a handful of fights the last several years. He plays a physical and chippy game, but mostly against teams like the Wings. He wouldn't do s*** against a team like Boston or Toronto, because he knows he'd have to answer for it.

Guest DeGraa55

Pretty much. You have to remember, that Wings fans have a different definition of who is or isn't a fighter, enforcer or heavyweight.

Bickell has only had a handful of fights the last several years. He plays a physical and chippy game, but mostly against teams like the Wings. He wouldn't do s*** against a team like Boston or Toronto, because he knows he'd have to answer for it.

You really said fans of the team that had probert and kocur don't know what a true enforcer is?

You need to remember there is very few true enforcers now.

Edited by DeGraa55

You really said fans of the team that had probert and kocur don't know what a true enforcer is?

You need to remember there is very few true enforcers now.

How many of the younger fans were around back when Probert and Kocur played for the Wings? I never saw those players playing together for Detroit. Only in youtube fight videos. I have to go out of my way for that stuff, since the Wings haven't been dressing many enforcers over the years.

Clarkson isn't a "true" enforcer either, but there's a big difference between him and a guy like Bickell, who has maybe one fight per season.

Edited by GMRwings1983

The hawks have no cap room, unless they decide to buy someone out. They have 2 million to spend and Stalberg and Bickell will each be making more than that next season. The hawks also only have 17 IIRC players signed for next season. They have a cap mess to address.

Stalberg and Bickell?

Seriously?

PASS

Yes. Big (one is 6-3/210 the other 6-4/230) forwards that are in their prime (both are 27) That can score (Stalberg had 22 goals in 11/12 and Bickell had 17 in 10/11) That hit (Bickell had 108 this year and Stalberg had 43) that are reasonably priced are hard to find. I would expect both to sign in the 2.5-3 million per range. If they would have been on our team this year, Bickell would have been second in hits after Abby and Stalberg would have been 8th. They are great options to replace bert and Sammy with. Now my personnel preference would be Clarkson and Bickell. Clarkson would ave been tied for 1st in goals scored 15, and be in second in hits wth 84. Now if we add Bickell and Clarkson to our team this past season we add 24 goals and 192 hits.

Edited by Richdg

Yes. Big (one is 6-3/210 the other 6-4/230) forwards that are in their prime (both are 27) That can score (Stalberg had 22 goals in 11/12 and Bickell had 17 in 10/11) That hit (Bickell had 108 this year and Stalberg had 43) that are reasonably priced are hard to find. I would expect both to sign in the 2.5-3 million per range. If they would have been on our team this year, Bickell would have been second in hits after Abby and Stalberg would have been 8th. They are great options to replace bert and Sammy with. Now my personnel preference would be Clarkson and Bickell. Clarkson would ave been tied for 1st in goals scored 15, and be in second in hits wth 84. Now if we add Bickell and Clarkson to our team this past season we add 24 goals and 192 hits.

I don't really care what their numbers were this year Stalberg isn't really anything impressive and Bickell is a prick.

Clarkson is a different story maybe.

And I highly doubt we add both Clarkson and Bickell.

I don't really care what their numbers were this year Stalberg isn't really anything impressive and Bickell is a prick.

Clarkson is a different story maybe.

And I highly doubt we add both Clarkson and Bickell.

We need more pricks. We are way to easy to play against. Our Big forwards are bert-bad back and old, Cleary-lots of heart but to small for what we ask him to do and a UFA, Sammy-LOL, Franzen LOL x2, and Abby. Those are (first 4 anyway) that we have to replace and upgrade from. Bickell and Clarkson do that. They are also available and make equal money. bert-2 million, sammy-3 million, and Cleary-3 million make 8 million combined. Bickell-my guess is 2.5 to 3 million and Clarkson 5-5.5 million are almost equal replacments.

We need more pricks. We are way to easy to play against. Our Big forwards are bert-bad back and old, Cleary-lots of heart but to small for what we ask him to do and a UFA, Sammy-LOL, Franzen LOL x2, and Abby. Those are (first 4 anyway) that we have to replace and upgrade from. Bickell and Clarkson do that. They are also available and make equal money. bert-2 million, sammy-3 million, and Cleary-3 million make 8 million combined. Bickell-my guess is 2.5 to 3 million and Clarkson 5-5.5 million are almost equal replacments.

Bickell's prickness doesn't fit into the Wings system. IMO

Just saying highly doubt Holland would sign him but who knows.

I agree with you that we are too easy to play against and going to the East next year doesn't help matters.

Again I don't see Holland signing both Bickell and Clarkson.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest DeGraa55

Bickell's prickness doesn't fit into the Wings system. IMO

Just saying highly doubt Holland would sign him but who knows.

I agree with you that we are too easy to play against and going to the East next year doesn't help matters.

Again I don't see Holland signing both Bickell and Clarkson.

I agree we wont get both because we can't afford both without buyouts and our ufas coming back. But it doesn't mean that it's not best option we have.

Guest DeGraa55

Clarkson and Horton are other options maybe.

Would be nice to see what the UFA list is (right now)

WWW.mynhltraderumors.com. has a list iirc. Problem is there isn't much top end talent which we need...we got all the depth in the world for our bottom 6.