• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Wings interested in Stalberg and Bickell

Rate this topic

I would take fistric and dupuis too. even though we have so many dmen fistric is something we need on the back end, a guy who will go out and cleanly injure other teams players on a nightly basis.

I don't think dupuis would be anything special when separated from Crosby. We don't need a defenseman unless we get rid of one, which I don't see happening.

Why do you all dislike stalberg so much. He's among the top 5 fastest players in the league. Imagine bumping Brunner up to the top 6 and having a third line of nyquist helm and stalberg. That would be unreal.

Franzen- datsyuk- bertuzzi

Brunner- Zetterberg- filppula

Nyquist- helm- stalberg

Samuelson- Anderson- eaves

If Holland doesn't re-sign filppula, nyquist could take his place and Tatar could go to the third line. I would love that team

I understand we are all just spit balling right now. Yes we could use a 50 goal scorer, who couldn't. But is there one available? No. We all would like a true #1 Dman-RH prefered. But is there one available? No. So what can we do to improve the team? if you can't get a 50 gaol guy, then 2 25 goal guys get you the same thing. if we can't find the second coming of Probert, then maybe some more McCarty's.

Some get to wrapped up in superstars. We are not looking at a guy like Bickell to replace Datsyuk. We are looking at Bickell as a guy to replace bertuzzi. Well what did Bert give us this year? Nothing. What did bert give us last year? In 2011/12 Bert scored 14 goals and had 96 hits. What does Bickell provide? This year 9 goals and 108 hits. His best year to date was 2010/11. That year he had 17 goals and 178 hits. Anyway you slice it Bickell is => Bert. Not to mention 11 years younger. With Stalberg you are looking at a guy to replace Cleary. Again, let's compare the numbers. This year Cleary gave us 9 goals and 56 hits. Stalberg produced 9 goals and 43 hits. Pretty even. With Sammy we truely got nothing from him. Clarkson produced 15 goals and 84 hits.

So the question becomes what makes us better? Bert or Bickell? Cleary or Stalberg? Sammy or Clarkson? We clearly become a better team with Bickell, Stalberg, and Clarkson.

I understand we are all just spit balling right now. Yes we could use a 50 goal scorer, who couldn't. But is there one available? No. We all would like a true #1 Dman-RH prefered. But is there one available? No. So what can we do to improve the team? if you can't get a 50 gaol guy, then 2 25 goal guys get you the same thing. if we can't find the second coming of Probert, then maybe some more McCarty's.

Some get to wrapped up in superstars. We are not looking at a guy like Bickell to replace Datsyuk. We are looking at Bickell as a guy to replace bertuzzi. Well what did Bert give us this year? Nothing. What did bert give us last year? In 2011/12 Bert scored 14 goals and had 96 hits. What does Bickell provide? This year 9 goals and 108 hits. His best year to date was 2010/11. That year he had 17 goals and 178 hits. Anyway you slice it Bickell is => Bert. Not to mention 11 years younger. With Stalberg you are looking at a guy to replace Cleary. Again, let's compare the numbers. This year Cleary gave us 9 goals and 56 hits. Stalberg produced 9 goals and 43 hits. Pretty even. With Sammy we truely got nothing from him. Clarkson produced 15 goals and 84 hits.

So the question becomes what makes us better? Bert or Bickell? Cleary or Stalberg? Sammy or Clarkson? We clearly become a better team with Bickell, Stalberg, and Clarkson.

Why I like the reasons you have mentioned, personally I feel it is just too soon talking about signing guys from the damn Hawks, although they would help. Clarkson has to be priority number 1 this off season.

This would make the off season a success in my eyes.

Buyout - Sammy & TooToo . Cola Ordinary Buy Out

Cleary not re-signed. Filppula not re-signed

Brunner & NyQuist re-signed

The Gordon signing is strictly for face off purposes. (8th in NHL this year) Also doesn't take a lot of penalties.

Horton such a large contract because, well...you have to pay UFA's!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($1.788m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($7.520m)
Damien Brunner ($2.350m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Joakim Andersson ($0.805m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.925m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.227m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.650m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)
Buyout: Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.600m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,283,920; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,026,080

Edited by SaCkaveli20

Guest Johnz96

I don't think he will get $7.5M and longterm contract... Concussion could scare couple of teams on the longterms...

His playoff production has increased his value but he will not get $7.5m per year. That's franchise player money.

We need more pricks. We are way to easy to play against.

Which would have put us over the top against Chicago? Or helped us beat Anaheim faster? A prick or a goal scorer?

I thought we were decently gritty. Not the toughest but we are far from pushovers anymore.

Which would have put us over the top against Chicago? Or helped us beat Anaheim faster? A prick or a goal scorer?

I thought we were decently gritty. Not the toughest but we are far from pushovers anymore.

Both. Bickell is a good front of net player, thus helps score goals. Clarkson can snipe and bang in pucks. Stalberg has speed and a great shot. All 3 help us offensively, which you are correct is our problem. Did you notice how the Hawks offense got a lot better after Q moved Bickell up to the top line? The first 2 game he was on their 3rd line. hawks did bumpkiss. Toews was playing like crap. After Bickell moved up Toews had room to play and their O got better. This is key. Not everyone has to score goals to make the O better.

It was more of a conflict of personalities with the coach.

He questioned the coach on his playing time and Q was such an arrogant jerk that he thought he could give the kid a coaching moment and sit him while they played us because they gave us zero respect. If they thought we were a good team and they weren't gonna sweep us, he would have had all his top talent out there from game 1 onward.

They didn't even know how to matchup lines, they thought they were gonna steamroll us rolling 4 lines with little care about matchups like they are doing to the Kings and did to the Wild. It took Babcock giving Q a coaching lesson for him to re-learn how to coach with some actual strategy.

And this thread makes me a bit sick to my stomach, next thing you know, you guys will want to trade for Shaw. Puke.

Give Babcock such a stacked roster and I'll bet you the team becomes a dynasty. Hopefully, there is no question in regards about how the Wings have to play in the east. The team needs to get bigger, tougher, meaner. Hate to say it, but just look at the way Toews is playing since Bickell created room for him. Sometimes a players worth to their team is way more than just looking at a scoresheet.

Guest Johnz96

Give Babcock such a stacked roster and I'll bet you the team becomes a dynasty. Hopefully, there is no question in regards about how the Wings have to play in the east. The team needs to get bigger, tougher, meaner. Hate to say it, but just look at the way Toews is playing since Bickell created room for him. Sometimes a players worth to their team is way more than just looking at a scoresheet.

He still produced a lot more than Abdelkader with less ice-time, less time on the PP and rarely playing in the top 6. He may not be a top heavyweight fighter in the league but he is also a better fighter than Abby. Not knocking Abby, I think he is a great bottom 6 center.

Guest Johnz96

I think Babcock has done a gtreat job but I think his roster is a lot more stacked than people here give it credit for. Last year we broke the record for most consecutive home wins,I think we were a little better (the play was in their zone more, we outshot them and outchanced them) than the Preds last year but Rinne was hot and they got the breaks and bounces.

We barely made the playoffs this year but lost more games to injuries than any other team and the team was constantly in a flux with players in and out of the lineup making it difficult to establish a cohesiveness.

Datsyuk is arguably the best player in the league certainly top 5, Zetterberg is one of the 20 best players in the league, Kronwall is a top 10 D-man in the league and Howard is a top 10 goalie in the league and maybe even top 5 and we have solid players rounding out the roster.

Edited by Johnz96