• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Wings interested in Stalberg and Bickell

Rate this topic

He still produced a lot more than Abdelkader with less ice-time, less time on the PP and rarely playing in the top 6. He may not be a top heavyweight fighter in the league but he is also a better fighter than Abby. Not knocking Abby, I think he is a great bottom 6 center.

Is he is worth 1.5m/yr+ more than Abby? IMO he isn't.

Bickell had much fewer hits than Abby in both the regular season and playoffs, and his one fight this season was instigated by the other player. To keep Tatar off the roster next season, the Wings need someone tougher than Abby that is a proven ~20+ goal scorer. Without significant PP time (and no PP goals), Abby was on pace for ~17 goals and led the team in ES goals (even with his bad start to the season).

Bickell has 6 NHL fights in his career and has only one win. Abby had 6 NHL fights last season and two wins. Neither is a good fighter. They would both lose to Lucic (or any HW), but I'd rather have the more active hitter and fighter.

Is he is worth 1.5m/yr+ more than Abby? IMO he isn't.

Bickell had much fewer hits than Abby in both the regular season and playoffs, and his one fight this season was instigated by the other player. To keep Tatar off the roster next season, the Wings need someone tougher than Abby that is a proven ~20+ goal scorer. Without significant PP time (and no PP goals), Abby was on pace for ~17 goals and led the team in ES goals (even with his bad start to the season).

Bickell has 6 NHL fights in his career and has only one win. Abby had 6 NHL fights last season and two wins. Neither is a good fighter. They would both lose to Lucic (or any HW), but I'd rather have the more active hitter and fighter.

http://www.dropyourg...073#Fight152073

http://www.dropyourg...758#Fight205758

http://www.dropyourg...276#Fight348276

Bickell can fight and hit, his team is one of the least physical in the league. When they decided to play physical in the Wings series he did well.

The East aint going to be looking to hit and beat up our grinders.... They are going to hit the hell out of our scores and play makers which worries me in regards to longevity and injuries.

Every game will seem like a playoff style game and honestly I dont think Bickell is an asset. he wouldnt hurt to have but not a head turner for me.

We need some more nails and mass because the East will be looking to welcome the mighty mighty Wings to the east by christening the ice with their blood.

I feel like all these conversation are futile. The last two awful July 1st's have lead me to believe that the wings will resign Fil, cleary, and Miller, and holland will say our off-season additions are a healthy bertuzzi, helm, and Sammy. We Like Our Team!!!

http://www.dropyourg...073#Fight152073

http://www.dropyourg...758#Fight205758

http://www.dropyourg...276#Fight348276

Bickell can fight and hit, his team is one of the least physical in the league. When they decided to play physical in the Wings series he did well.

One of those is an NHL fight. Like E, Bickell doesn't seem interested in fighting at the NHL level. That is fine- he isn't a fighter (because he rarely fights) and he doesn't have a good record against NHL fighters.

With the two more playoff games played, Bickell has 17 fewer hits than Abby during the 2013 playoffs. Bickell can hit well, but he isn't a frequent hitter.

If Cleary is not re-signed and Bert is bought out, Bickell makes sense (if Clowe and Clarkson aren't available). However, that isn't likely to happen. Signing Bickell will also be a gamble- outside of these playoffs he hasn't proven enough to be a ~3m/yr player IMO.

Guest Johnz96

One of those is an NHL fight. Like E, Bickell doesn't seem interested in fighting at the NHL level. That is fine- he isn't a fighter (because he rarely fights) and he doesn't have a good record against NHL fighters.

With the two more playoff games played, Bickell has 17 fewer hits than Abby during the 2013 playoffs. Bickell can hit well, but he isn't a frequent hitter.

If Cleary is not re-signed and Bert is bought out, Bickell makes sense (if Clowe and Clarkson aren't available). However, that isn't likely to happen. Signing Bickell will also be a gamble- outside of these playoffs he hasn't proven enough to be a ~3m/yr player IMO.

Allthough Abby played 2 less games than Bickell, he actually still played 20 minutes more than Bickell has thus far. I think Bickell has more hockey sense than Abby and would be more productive playing in the top 6.

Edited by Johnz96

The East aint going to be looking to hit and beat up our grinders.... They are going to hit the hell out of our scores and play makers which worries me in regards to longevity and injuries.

Every game will seem like a playoff style game and honestly I dont think Bickell is an asset. he wouldnt hurt to have but not a head turner for me.

We need some more nails and mass because the East will be looking to welcome the mighty mighty Wings to the east by christening the ice with their blood.

The East might be more physical than the West, but come on.

It's not like we're going from Ice Capades to Slapshot.

Wings need a spark plug type player. Cliche, but they really are a different team when Helmer is in the lineup. Tough to assess what free agent forwards are needed when his back is made of glass.

Exactly! People seem to think we're going to be walked all over in the east. I don't even think the east is that much different than the west. They have Boston, but St. Louis, LA and San Jose aren't slouches in the hitting department.

He can fight, proven by those videos. And even if he doesn't fight alot he can be coached to fight at the right times. It is clear he knows what he is doing. Bickell is obviously heating up in the playoffs and it occurred when he started playing with a physical edge. And regardless what he gets he will be an asset to this team who needs a younger, tougher big forward.

I never said that the Wings would get bruised....I said the East will be salivating at the the CHANCE to dominate and bruise The greatest org in Hockey!

I would if I were an East team!

If the Wings think, they can go into the east without an enforcer, good luck it would be suicide. Guys like Lucic, Orr, Thornton, MacLaren, Prust, Scott would have a lot of fun doing cheapshots against our stars and not facing any consequences on the ice. So signing one of the top HW guys has to be a priority.

Bickell is physical but he stands no chance against any of these guys. I don't care if people think it is a wasted roster spot, an enforcer adds way more than just the time of the ice. He provides security, confidence and makes everyone growing a few inches just because they are there. It's a little bit like the big brother thing.

Tootoo is a pest/agitator and not an enforcer, so basically a useless guy in the east because he will have to answer against guys way out of his class in terms of size and fighting skills.

So I think something along the lines of Clarkson, Scott + 1 defender has to be on Hollands agenda. Bickell is NOT an enforcer, he is just big and willing to drop the gloves.

If the Wings think, they can go into the east without an enforcer, good luck it would be suicide. Guys like Lucic, Orr, Thornton, MacLaren, Prust, Scott would have a lot of fun doing cheapshots against our stars and not facing any consequences on the ice. So signing one of the top HW guys has to be a priority. Bickell is physical but he stands no chance against any of these guys. I don't care if people think it is a wasted roster spot, an enforcer adds way more than just the time of the ice. He provides security, confidence and makes everyone growing a few inches just because they are there. It's a little bit like the big brother thing. Tootoo is a pest/agitator and not an enforcer, so basically a useless guy in the east because he will have to answer against guys way out of his class in terms of size and fighting skills. So I think something along the lines of Clarkson, Scott + 1 defender has to be on Hollands agenda. Bickell is NOT an enforcer, he is just big and willing to drop the gloves.

I'd be willing to bet that the Wings will not sign an enforcer this offseason AND that they will fare just as well in the east, if not better, as they did in the west.

Edited by Bannedforlife

Guest The Axe

Viktor Stalberg: 6'3" 210 Lbs. Among the fastest in the league. Great potential but hasn't clicked in Chicago's organization.

Why would anyone NOT want someone who is big AND fast????

No patience. Smith is big and fast, but half the people on here want him gone.

Top 40 hitters in each conference this year

5076 east vs. 4567 west

difference of 509 hits, over 48 games = 10.6 extra hits per game, divided by 15 teams in west (rounding up)

*drum roll*

a whole extra 0.71 hits per game average. I hope the wings are shaking in their boots, datsyuk cant handle an extra .71 hits/game, I know that, he should just go back to Russia, I now understand why some people say he is scared of the east... :confused:

The Wings are going to be a perineal power in the East!!

Im not arguing one league is tougher than the other...But our new rivals arent known for the speed and finess games.

My opinion is that the Wings grit toughness and willingness to drop gloves will

be tested early and often.

This has nothing to do with hits... Hell the Wings ability to light people up is whats going to lead them to stand and throw hands...or not.

Top 40 hitters in each conference this year

5076 east vs. 4567 west

difference of 509 hits, over 48 games = 10.6 extra hits per game, divided by 15 teams in west (rounding up)

*drum roll*

a whole extra 0.71 hits per game average. I hope the wings are shaking in their boots, datsyuk cant handle an extra .71 hits/game, I know that, he should just go back to Russia, I now understand why some people say he is scared of the east... :confused:

did you watch the bruins pens game? even without the normally physical bruins doing ANYTHING there were more big hits in that one than any other in the playoffs I think.

and here is a much better way to judge physicality, use this site, not nhl.com.

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/LeagueSeason.aspx?League=1&Season=2013

Edited by jollymania