• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yes. Big (one is 6-3/210 the other 6-4/230) forwards that are in their prime (both are 27) That can score (Stalberg had 22 goals in 11/12 and Bickell had 17 in 10/11) That hit (Bickell had 108 this year and Stalberg had 43) that are reasonably priced are hard to find. I would expect both to sign in the 2.5-3 million per range. If they would have been on our team this year, Bickell would have been second in hits after Abby and Stalberg would have been 8th. They are great options to replace bert and Sammy with. Now my personnel preference would be Clarkson and Bickell. Clarkson would ave been tied for 1st in goals scored 15, and be in second in hits wth 84. Now if we add Bickell and Clarkson to our team this past season we add 24 goals and 192 hits.

I don't really care what their numbers were this year Stalberg isn't really anything impressive and Bickell is a prick.

Clarkson is a different story maybe.

And I highly doubt we add both Clarkson and Bickell.

#42 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

please get clarkson or horton, that is all.

#43 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

I really don't see Horton making it to free agency. Does Boston not have the space to sign him in the offseason?

Posted Image

#44 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

I don't really care what their numbers were this year Stalberg isn't really anything impressive and Bickell is a prick.

Clarkson is a different story maybe.

And I highly doubt we add both Clarkson and Bickell.

We need more pricks. We are way to easy to play against. Our Big forwards are bert-bad back and old, Cleary-lots of heart but to small for what we ask him to do and a UFA, Sammy-LOL, Franzen LOL x2, and Abby. Those are (first 4 anyway) that we have to replace and upgrade from. Bickell and Clarkson do that. They are also available and make equal money. bert-2 million, sammy-3 million, and Cleary-3 million make 8 million combined. Bickell-my guess is 2.5 to 3 million and Clarkson 5-5.5 million are almost equal replacments.

#45 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

We need more pricks. We are way to easy to play against. Our Big forwards are bert-bad back and old, Cleary-lots of heart but to small for what we ask him to do and a UFA, Sammy-LOL, Franzen LOL x2, and Abby. Those are (first 4 anyway) that we have to replace and upgrade from. Bickell and Clarkson do that. They are also available and make equal money. bert-2 million, sammy-3 million, and Cleary-3 million make 8 million combined. Bickell-my guess is 2.5 to 3 million and Clarkson 5-5.5 million are almost equal replacments.

Bickell's prickness doesn't fit into the Wings system. IMO

Just saying highly doubt Holland would sign him but who knows.

I agree with you that we are too easy to play against and going to the East next year doesn't help matters.

Again I don't see Holland signing both Bickell and Clarkson.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 01 June 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#46 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Bickell's prickness doesn't fit into the Wings system. IMO

Just saying highly doubt Holland would sign him but who knows.

I agree with you that we are too easy to play against and going to the East next year doesn't help matters.

Again I don't see Holland signing both Bickell and Clarkson.

I agree we wont get both because we can't afford both without buyouts and our ufas coming back. But it doesn't mean that it's not best option we have.

#47 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

I agree we wont get both because we can't afford both without buyouts and our ufas coming back. But it doesn't mean that it's not best option we have.

Clarkson and Horton are other options maybe.

Would be nice to see what the UFA list is (right now)

#48 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Clarkson and Horton are other options maybe.

Would be nice to see what the UFA list is (right now)

WWW.mynhltraderumors.com. has a list iirc. Problem is there isn't much top end talent which we need...we got all the depth in the world for our bottom 6.

#49 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Bickel does nothing for me...Stalbgh fast but wr have speed now.

#50 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I would take fistric and dupuis too. even though we have so many dmen fistric is something we need on the back end, a guy who will go out and cleanly injure other teams players on a nightly basis.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#51 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

I would take fistric and dupuis too. even though we have so many dmen fistric is something we need on the back end, a guy who will go out and cleanly injure other teams players on a nightly basis.

I don't think dupuis would be anything special when separated from Crosby. We don't need a defenseman unless we get rid of one, which I don't see happening.

Why do you all dislike stalberg so much. He's among the top 5 fastest players in the league. Imagine bumping Brunner up to the top 6 and having a third line of nyquist helm and stalberg. That would be unreal.

Franzen- datsyuk- bertuzzi
Brunner- Zetterberg- filppula
Nyquist- helm- stalberg
Samuelson- Anderson- eaves

If Holland doesn't re-sign filppula, nyquist could take his place and Tatar could go to the third line. I would love that team

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#52 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

I understand we are all just spit balling right now. Yes we could use a 50 goal scorer, who couldn't. But is there one available? No. We all would like a true #1 Dman-RH prefered. But is there one available? No. So what can we do to improve the team? if you can't get a 50 gaol guy, then 2 25 goal guys get you the same thing. if we can't find the second coming of Probert, then maybe some more McCarty's.

Some get to wrapped up in superstars. We are not looking at a guy like Bickell to replace Datsyuk. We are looking at Bickell as a guy to replace bertuzzi. Well what did Bert give us this year? Nothing. What did bert give us last year? In 2011/12 Bert scored 14 goals and had 96 hits. What does Bickell provide? This year 9 goals and 108 hits. His best year to date was 2010/11. That year he had 17 goals and 178 hits. Anyway you slice it Bickell is => Bert. Not to mention 11 years younger. With Stalberg you are looking at a guy to replace Cleary. Again, let's compare the numbers. This year Cleary gave us 9 goals and 56 hits. Stalberg produced 9 goals and 43 hits. Pretty even. With Sammy we truely got nothing from him. Clarkson produced 15 goals and 84 hits.

So the question becomes what makes us better? Bert or Bickell? Cleary or Stalberg? Sammy or Clarkson? We clearly become a better team with Bickell, Stalberg, and Clarkson.

#53 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,282 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Stalberg? No. Bickell? Maybe. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#54 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

Viktor Stalberg: 6'3" 210 Lbs. Among the fastest in the league. Great potential but hasn't clicked in Chicago's organization.

Why would anyone NOT want someone who is big AND fast????

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#55 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

I understand we are all just spit balling right now. Yes we could use a 50 goal scorer, who couldn't. But is there one available? No. We all would like a true #1 Dman-RH prefered. But is there one available? No. So what can we do to improve the team? if you can't get a 50 gaol guy, then 2 25 goal guys get you the same thing. if we can't find the second coming of Probert, then maybe some more McCarty's.
Some get to wrapped up in superstars. We are not looking at a guy like Bickell to replace Datsyuk. We are looking at Bickell as a guy to replace bertuzzi. Well what did Bert give us this year? Nothing. What did bert give us last year? In 2011/12 Bert scored 14 goals and had 96 hits. What does Bickell provide? This year 9 goals and 108 hits. His best year to date was 2010/11. That year he had 17 goals and 178 hits. Anyway you slice it Bickell is => Bert. Not to mention 11 years younger. With Stalberg you are looking at a guy to replace Cleary. Again, let's compare the numbers. This year Cleary gave us 9 goals and 56 hits. Stalberg produced 9 goals and 43 hits. Pretty even. With Sammy we truely got nothing from him. Clarkson produced 15 goals and 84 hits.
So the question becomes what makes us better? Bert or Bickell? Cleary or Stalberg? Sammy or Clarkson? We clearly become a better team with Bickell, Stalberg, and Clarkson.

Why I like the reasons you have mentioned, personally I feel it is just too soon talking about signing guys from the damn Hawks, although they would help. Clarkson has to be priority number 1 this off season.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#56 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

This would make the off season a success in my eyes.

Buyout - Sammy & TooToo . Cola Ordinary Buy Out

Cleary not re-signed. Filppula not re-signed

Brunner & NyQuist re-signed 

The Gordon signing is strictly for face off purposes. (8th in NHL this year) Also doesn't take a lot of penalties. 

Horton such a large contract because, well...you have to pay UFA's!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($1.788m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($7.520m) 
Damien Brunner ($2.350m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m) 
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) 
Joakim Andersson ($0.805m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.925m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) 
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) 
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) 
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.227m) 
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.650m) 
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / 
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m) 
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m) 
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m) 
Buyout: Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.600m) 
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,283,920; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,026,080

Edited by SaCkaveli20, 02 June 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#57 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

Horton at 7.5. LOL
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#58 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Horton at 7.5. LOL

Oh yea, I forgot UFA's come crawling to Detroit for 2 mill a year.

#59 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Yeah guy. Horton at 7.5 mil will happen. I''ll buy my jersey right now.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#60 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Yeah guy. Horton at 7.5 mil will happen. I''ll buy my jersey right now.

I never said it WILL happen. I was just throwing a number out there.