• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#61 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

I don't think he will get $7.5M and longterm contract... Concussion could scare couple of teams on the longterms...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#62 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

Maybe Cleary will exchange Christmas cards with him after all, haha.

But tbh, I don't think I would want Cleary or Bickell on the team next year.  I love Cleary but I don't know if the team can afford to have playoff rentals. 

#63 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

I don't think he will get $7.5M and longterm contract... Concussion could scare couple of teams on the longterms...

His playoff production has increased his value but he will not get $7.5m per year. That's franchise player money.

#64 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

If horton can get that much, this league has serious issues that obviously are not being addressed.

#65 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

How much do you guys think he gets?

#66 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

How much do you guys think he gets?

I wanna say between 5.7 and 6.2 or so if I had to guess.

#67 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I say pass on both of these guys...plenty better out there.

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#68 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Stalberg, the guy who was benched for poor play the first two games of that series?  OK...

#69 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Stalberg, the guy who was benched for poor play the first two games of that series?  OK...

It was more of a conflict of personalities with the coach.

#70 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

We need more pricks. We are way to easy to play against.

Which would have put us over the top against Chicago? Or helped us beat Anaheim faster? A prick or a goal scorer?

I thought we were decently gritty. Not the toughest but we are far from pushovers anymore.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#71 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Which would have put us over the top against Chicago? Or helped us beat Anaheim faster? A prick or a goal scorer?

I thought we were decently gritty. Not the toughest but we are far from pushovers anymore.

Both. Bickell is a good front of net player, thus helps score goals. Clarkson can snipe and bang in pucks. Stalberg has speed and a great shot. All 3 help us offensively, which you are correct is our problem. Did you notice how the Hawks offense got a lot better after Q moved Bickell up to the top line? The first 2 game he was on their 3rd line. hawks did bumpkiss. Toews was playing like crap. After Bickell moved up Toews had room to play and their O got better. This is key. Not everyone has to score goals to make the O better.

#72 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

It was more of a conflict of personalities with the coach.

He questioned the coach on his playing time and Q was such an arrogant jerk that he thought he could give the kid a coaching moment and sit him while they played us because they gave us zero respect. If they thought we were a good team and they weren't gonna sweep us, he would have had all his top talent out there from game 1 onward.

They didn't even know how to matchup lines, they thought they were gonna steamroll us rolling 4 lines with little care about matchups like they are doing to the Kings and did to the Wild. It took Babcock giving Q a coaching lesson for him to re-learn how to coach with some actual strategy.

And this thread makes me a bit sick to my stomach, next thing you know, you guys will want to trade for Shaw. Puke.

#73 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:29 AM

Give Babcock such a stacked roster and I'll bet you the team becomes a dynasty. Hopefully, there is no question in regards about how the Wings have to play in the east. The team needs to get bigger, tougher, meaner. Hate to say it, but just look at the way Toews is playing since Bickell created room for him. Sometimes a players worth to their team is way more than just looking at a scoresheet.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#74 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

Give Babcock such a stacked roster and I'll bet you the team becomes a dynasty. Hopefully, there is no question in regards about how the Wings have to play in the east. The team needs to get bigger, tougher, meaner. Hate to say it, but just look at the way Toews is playing since Bickell created room for him. Sometimes a players worth to their team is way more than just looking at a scoresheet.

He still produced a lot more than Abdelkader with less ice-time, less time on the PP and rarely playing in the top 6. He may not be a top heavyweight fighter in the league but he is also a better fighter than Abby. Not knocking Abby, I think he is a great bottom 6 center.

#75 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

I think Babcock has done a gtreat job but I think his roster is a lot more stacked than people here give it credit for. Last year we broke the record for most consecutive home wins,I think we were a little better (the play was in their zone more, we outshot them and outchanced them) than the Preds last year but Rinne was hot and they got the breaks and bounces.

We barely made the playoffs this year but lost more games to injuries than any other team and the team was constantly in a flux with players in and out of the lineup making it difficult to establish a cohesiveness.

Datsyuk is arguably the best player in the league certainly top 5, Zetterberg is one of the 20 best players in the league, Kronwall is a top 10 D-man in the league and Howard is a top 10 goalie in the league and maybe even top 5 and we have solid players rounding out the roster.

Edited by Johnz96, 03 June 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#76 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

He still produced a lot more than Abdelkader with less ice-time, less time on the PP and rarely playing in the top 6. He may not be a top heavyweight fighter in the league but he is also a better fighter than Abby. Not knocking Abby, I think he is a great bottom 6 center.

Is he is worth 1.5m/yr+ more than Abby? IMO he isn't.

Bickell had much fewer hits than Abby in both the regular season and playoffs, and his one fight this season was instigated by the other player. To keep Tatar off the roster next season, the Wings need someone tougher than Abby that is a proven ~20+ goal scorer. Without significant PP time (and no PP goals), Abby was on pace for ~17 goals and led the team in ES goals (even with his bad start to the season).

Bickell has 6 NHL fights in his career and has only one win. Abby had 6 NHL fights last season and two wins. Neither is a good fighter. They would both lose to Lucic (or any HW), but I'd rather have the more active hitter and fighter.

#77 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Is he is worth 1.5m/yr+ more than Abby? IMO he isn't.

Bickell had much fewer hits than Abby in both the regular season and playoffs, and his one fight this season was instigated by the other player. To keep Tatar off the roster next season, the Wings need someone tougher than Abby that is a proven ~20+ goal scorer. Without significant PP time (and no PP goals), Abby was on pace for ~17 goals and led the team in ES goals (even with his bad start to the season).

Bickell has 6 NHL fights in his career and has only one win. Abby had 6 NHL fights last season and two wins. Neither is a good fighter. They would both lose to Lucic (or any HW), but I'd rather have the more active hitter and fighter.

http://www.dropyourg...073#Fight152073

http://www.dropyourg...758#Fight205758

http://www.dropyourg...276#Fight348276

Bickell can fight and hit, his team is one of the least physical in the league. When they decided to play physical in the Wings series he did well.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#78 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

The East aint going to be looking to hit and beat up our grinders.... They are going to hit the hell out of our scores and play makers which worries me in regards to longevity and injuries.

Every game will seem like a playoff style game and honestly I dont think Bickell is an asset. he wouldnt hurt to have but not a head turner for me.

We need some more nails and mass because the East will be looking to welcome the mighty mighty Wings to the east by christening the ice with their blood.

#79 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

I feel like all these conversation are futile. The last two awful July 1st's have lead me to believe that the wings will resign Fil, cleary, and Miller, and holland will say our off-season additions are a healthy bertuzzi, helm, and Sammy. We Like Our Team!!!

#80 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

http://www.dropyourg...073#Fight152073

http://www.dropyourg...758#Fight205758

http://www.dropyourg...276#Fight348276

Bickell can fight and hit, his team is one of the least physical in the league. When they decided to play physical in the Wings series he did well.

One of those is an NHL fight. Like E, Bickell doesn't seem interested in fighting at the NHL level. That is fine- he isn't a fighter (because he rarely fights) and he doesn't have a good record against NHL fighters.

With the two more playoff games played, Bickell has 17 fewer hits than Abby during the 2013 playoffs. Bickell can hit well, but he isn't a frequent hitter.

If Cleary is not re-signed and Bert is bought out, Bickell makes sense (if Clowe and Clarkson aren't available). However, that isn't likely to happen. Signing Bickell will also be a gamble- outside of these playoffs he hasn't proven enough to be a ~3m/yr player IMO.