• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#121 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

The reason those brawl filled games are in the east is because there are more fighters there. The fights are usually fighters fighting other fighters, if you don't have one to fight, then you're less likely to be involved in those types of games. 

I bet guys like Orr and Mclaren will be scratched when they play the Wings, or played very sparingly as they won't find any dance partners, and will likely be exposed by the speed on our 3rd and 4th lines.

I doubt it would change the results much but keep in mind that hits, takeaways, blocked shots etc are stats that are kept by the home teams stats guys. The reporting of them is wildly inconsistent from team to team. You might see that the Wings hit totals are significantly higher next season even without much of a roster change.

That is laughable. Look at franzens hits now. he barely touches guys, but gets credit for hits. Our forwards as a group are not hitters. This will be a problem. That group is also small. Getting hit by guys the same size, no problem. Getting hit by guys 2-3 inches tallers and 20+ pounds heavier will be an issue over the course of the season.

The last time the Wings were really physically hammered was by the Yotes a couple of years ago. Doan was single handedly the reason why Rafalski retired. He got hammered by Doan and the Wings had no one that could answer. Still don't.

#122 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

I wouldn't want Bickell...all he's doing is scoring and the Wings couldn't use that  :eh:

#123 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

That is laughable. Look at franzens hits now. he barely touches guys, but gets credit for hits. Our forwards as a group are not hitters. This will be a problem. That group is also small. Getting hit by guys the same size, no problem. Getting hit by guys 2-3 inches tallers and 20+ pounds heavier will be an issue over the course of the season.

The last time the Wings were really physically hammered was by the Yotes a couple of years ago. Doan was single handedly the reason why Rafalski retired. He got hammered by Doan and the Wings had no one that could answer. Still don't.

This is exactly my point, the guy in charge of keeping track of stats at Wings home games is very liberal with his definition of what a hit is. Teams in the eastern conference also get the same benefit from their stats guys. They tend to have the same definition for visiting teams as well though so guys like Franzen will likely be credited with far more hits than they rightly deserve. 

I'm not saying the Wings will be more physical, but they will likely look like they are based on the stats.

I know everyone always says the Wings are small, and they certainly play small but when you compare the actual size of players they aren't really as small as you'd think.

Boston's average height and weight are 6'1 and 201lbs

The Wings averages are 6'1 and 202 lbs.

#124 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

I wouldn't want Bickell...all he's doing is scoring and the Wings couldn't use that  :eh:

Yeah cause he would be scoring in bunches with the Wings too.

Players get hot in the playoffs no doubt.

Let's get every UFA that gets hot in the most recent playoffs cause that would solve our goal scoring problems.

Makes total sense.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 04 June 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#125 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Oh yeah Bickell scored a whopping 9 goals in the regular season on the best team in the NHL.

Yeah what a STUD.

WE NEED HIM LOLOL

#126 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

I doubt it would change the results much but keep in mind that hits, takeaways, blocked shots etc are stats that are kept by the home teams stats guys. The reporting of them is wildly inconsistent from team to team. You might see that the Wings hit totals are significantly higher next season even without much of a roster change.

Reminds me of this:

#127 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

Oh yeah Bickell scored a whopping 9 goals in the regular season on the best team in the NHL.

Yeah what a STUD.

WE NEED HIM LOLOL

He scored 23 points getting only 12:30 mins of ice-time per game and only 17 seconds of PP time per game and playing almost exclusively in the bottom 6. Compared to Abby he has a lot more points, 1 less goal, playing a lot less, with less than half of the PP time, and without Datsyuk.

He scored an even strength goal with every 66 mins of ice-time, which is more frequently than anybody on the Wings.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#128 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

He scored 23 points getting only 12:30 mins of ice-time per game and only 17 seconds of PP time per game and playing almost exclusively in the bottom 6. Compared to Abby he has a lot more points, 1 less goal, playing a lot less, with less than half of the PP time, and without Datsyuk.

He scored an even strength goal with every 66 mins of ice-time, which is more frequently than anybody on the Wings.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahaha indeed. Not always about stats.

The Blackhawks weren't the best team in the league or anything this regular season. You must have missed that.

Comparing his numbers to Abby's? Bickell not playing with Dats? Seriously?

What a joke indeed.

p.s. It's also nice to see in another thread POLL What UFA would help the Wings the most?

That the board on here so far the majority is not for Bickell.

Amen to that.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 05 June 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#129 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

The Blackhawks weren't the best team in the league or anything this regular season. You must have missed that.

What a joke indeed.

I replied to this comment.

"Oh yeah Bickell scored a whopping 9 goals in the regular season on the best team in the NHL.

Yeah what a STUD.

WE NEED HIM LOLOL"

More often than not when a player gets traded to a better team his production drops because his ice-time decreases and is expected to play more defensively.

#130 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Let's get every UFA that gets hot in the most recent playoffs cause that would solve our goal scoring problems.

Makes total 

So let's overpay for Horton and Clarkson...real smart..that makes sense too right?

Makes total sense.

who would you like to sign ?? Enlighten us all

What a joke indeed.

p.s. It's also nice to see in another thread POLL What UFA would help the Wings the most?

Amen to that.

Then don't read it

Edited by RedWingCraig, 05 June 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#131 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

So let's overpay for Horton and Clarkson...real smart..that makes sense too right?

who would you like to sign ?? Enlighten us all

Because of the cap reduction, I don't think we will have to overpay to get one or two of Iginla, Horton, Clarkson, Bickell or Dupuis. I think teams there will be teams that would like to but just won't be able to.

St. Michael was being sarcastic.

#132 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Because of the cap reduction, I don't think we will have to overpay to get one or two of Iginla, Horton, Clarkson, Bickell or Dupuis. I think teams there will be teams that would like to but just won't be able to.

St. Michael was being sarcastic.

I expect Columbus to be a major player

#133 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Exactly. Who wants a tough SOB that's fast, hits everything, and scores all the time?

#134 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Exactly. Who wants a tough SOB that's fast, hits everything, and scores all the time?

Apparently alot of people

#135 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

What a joke indeed.

Amen to that.

That poll includes David Clarkson and Nathan Horton. Obviously, they are going to have more of an impact. 

Doesn't mean Bickell couldn't help the Red Wings.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#136 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

That poll includes David Clarkson and Nathan Horton. Obviously, they are going to have more of an impact. 

Doesn't mean Bickell couldn't help the Red Wings.

Ya all three can help and they're my top three. But we only get one vote.

#137 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

I wasnt impressed with Bickell all playoffs and even more unenthused after 3 games against the B's .... Steer clear Kenny!!!

#138 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Viktor Stalberg: 6'3" 210 Lbs. Among the fastest in the league. Great potential but hasn't clicked in Chicago's organization.

Why would anyone NOT want someone who is big AND fast????

Because they'd rather have someone like Cleary who skates like he has a load in his shorts

#139 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

I wasnt impressed with Bickell all playoffs and even more unenthused after 3 games against the B's .... Steer clear Kenny!!!

Who didn't predict that? Bickell acted like a bully because neither the Wings nor Kings for whatever reason pushed back but...guys like Lucic, Thornton and Chara for sure did, as seen on monday.Bickell beeing a very strong guy isn't used to that stuff, so the hard reality finally caught him.

Edited by frankgrimes, 19 June 2013 - 01:46 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#140 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

Who didn't predict that? Bickell acted like a bully because neither the Wings nor Kings for whatever reason pushed back but...guys like Lucic, Thornton and Chara for sure did, as seen on monday.Bickell beeing a very strong guy isn't used to that stuff, so the hard reality finally caught him.

sounds like he'd struggle in the east..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."