• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Holland on The Huge Show.

Rate this topic

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so I will add some quotes.

"We would like to get more scoring, a little bigger, a little grittier"

"All 5 of the young guys that played this year will be in Detroit. Lashoff, tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, and Dekeyser" were the names he mentioned. But then he later back tracked a bit. Said "all the young guys will be pushing for time in training camp".

"we will be looking to add some guys via UFA, maybe not top line guys but secondary support type players."

"We have 5 UFA's, some we would like to keep, some we will part ways with. Cleary, Filppula, Miller, White, and Brunner are all UFA's".

Now, let's take Holland at his word. That makes our roster:

Abby-Datsyuk-Bert

Franzen-Z-Sammy

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Eaves-Emmerton-TooToo

Helm (may not be healthy) plus who ever we resign: my guess is Brunner, Miller, Cleary in that order. That would make 14, 15, or 16 forwards.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Dekeyser-Kindl

Smith-Quincy

Lashoff-Cola

8 Dman.

G:

Howard

Gus

This means we are over full. Trades can be made. If we add 1 or 2 UFA's, it is a true full house.

Now, let's take Holland at his word. That makes our roster:

Abby-Datsyuk-Bert

Franzen-Z-Sammy

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Eaves-Emmerton-TooToo

Helm (may not be healthy) plus who ever we resign: my guess is Brunner, Miller, Cleary in that order. That would make 14, 15, or 16 forwards.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Dekeyser-Kindl

Smith-Quincy

Lashoff-Cola

8 Dman.

G:

Howard

Gus

This means we are over full. Trades can be made. If we add 1 or 2 UFA's, it is a true full house.

LOL.

That's worse than this year's team.

Guest DeGraa55

Sammy, Bert, and Cleary need to go. Then add a top 6 forward and I'm happy.

I'm pretty sure everyone on here agrees. We then get into the debate of who we want.

LOL.

That's worse than this year's team.

Would that surprise you though? I don't expect much change. The biggest change is if fil isn't brought back. But I don't think he will use a buyout when he should.

All I want is clarkson Horton or bickell one maybe two.

The biggest concern is....why are you listening to the huge show? If I wanted go hear commercials all night I'd set my DVR for 2am-4am. ESPN 96.1 is where its at. The dude actually knows hockey and has a very inbiased realistic opinion.

Like his take on franzen. Or Inge any other bum you can think of lol.

I'm pretty sure everyone on here agrees. We then get into the debate of who we want.

Would that surprise you though? I don't expect much change. The biggest change is if fil isn't brought back. But I don't think he will use a buyout when he should.

All I want is clarkson Horton or bickell one maybe two.

The biggest concern is....why are you listening to the huge show? If I wanted go hear commercials all night I'd set my DVR for 2am-4am. ESPN 96.1 is where its at. The dude actually knows hockey and has a very inbiased realistic opinion.

Like his take on franzen. Or Inge any other bum you can think of lol.

I've known Bill for years. Nicest guy you would ever meet. Don't ever confuse radio personalities for the real people.

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so I will add some quotes.

"We would like to get more scoring, a little bigger, a little grittier"

"All 5 of the young guys that played this year will be in Detroit. Lashoff, tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, and Dekeyser" were the names he mentioned. But then he later back tracked a bit. Said "all the young guys will be pushing for time in training camp".

"we will be looking to add some guys via UFA, maybe not top line guys but secondary support type players."

"We have 5 UFA's, some we would like to keep, some we will part ways with. Cleary, Filppula, Miller, White, and Brunner are all UFA's".

Keep Brunner...other 4 can go

I have a feeling a player or 2 will be bought out and they'll trade a player or 2 at the draft for draft picks

Guest DeGraa55

I've known Bill for years. Nicest guy you would ever meet. Don't ever confuse radio personalities for the real people.

Never said anything him as a person. Just downing his show. Its 90% advertising. If im listening to someone talk sports I actually want to hear them talk about sports not the 800 people advertising him.

Guest DeGraa55

Hmm... Will be parting ways with some of the UFAs. Encouraging.

All except Brunner is my hope.

Guest The Axe

The Best case scenario goes like this:

1) Dump Bert and Sammy with Buyouts

2) Dump White, Cleary, Cola, Tootoo, Miller, and Eaves via UFA/trade package

3) Wings sign Horton.

4) Wings sign Flip

5) Helm is back

Hank-Dats-Horton

Franzen-Helm-Filppula

Brunner-Andersson-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Emdog-Tatar

Shehan-Frk

Kronwall-Rig

Smith-Quincey

Kindl-Dekeyser

Lashoff

Howard

Mrazek

Guest The Axe

I would like to see Miller stay. He is an excellent 4th-liner. I still long to see a line of Miller, Helm, and Eaves. This would be the best 4th line in the league.

I like Miller, but we need to move on. Tatar, Pulks, Frk - these guys dont bring a big drop off from Miller. We have got to get them seasoned.

I like Miller, but we need to move on. Tatar, Pulks, Frk - these guys dont bring a big drop off from Miller. We have got to get them seasoned.

It's a little early to start talking about Pulks, and Frk. Pulks just got to America and Frk hasn't even played with anyone over 18 yet. Sheahan, Ferraro, and Jarnkrok will be up before those two. Look for Miller to be resigned due to him being a utility player...

Guest Crymson

Tatar is a scorer, not a grinder. Pulkinnen and Frk, who are as well, are far away from NHL readiness.

It's a little early to start talking about Pulks, and Frk. Pulks just got to America and Frk hasn't even played with anyone over 18 yet. Sheahan, Ferraro, and Jarnkrok will be up before those two. Look for Miller to be resigned due to him being a utility player...

Funny how these names keep popping up as if they will be playing any time soon. Just because we have having a "youth movement" doesn't everyone is coming up. I doubt we'll see a lot of these players for 5 more years. ( sounded a bit wierd the way it came out but I agree with what you said).

I agree with keeping Miller around for the 4th line he's very dependable and strong at what he does for this team. Miller and Brunner are the only two I care about retaining.

Edited by fixxxer

Guest Hatethedrake!

Why keep Flip again? Am I.missing something?

Edited by Hatethedrake!

i think andersson will center the 4th line if helm returns and helm 3rd line

something like

tatar helm brunner

cleary andersson eaves

dont know about miller returning if he does wed have to get rid of tootoo?? emmerton??? that being said if he did return i wouldnt mind he'd be a good cheap 12-13th depth forward

Andersson, Brunner, and Nyquist need to stay as 3rd line

Andersson will be a great 4th line center, but Helm would make that line FAR more dangerous offensively. They'd have enough speed that every team would have trouble containing them

Andersson will be a great 4th line center, but Helm would make that line FAR more dangerous offensively. They'd have enough speed that every team would have trouble containing them

This exactly! I'm thinking nyquist may move up into the top six and Tatar will fill his spot on that 3rd line with helm and brunner. Which would still be so dangerous!