• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Holland on The Huge Show.

Rate this topic

For 5 mil a season Flip can take his all world skills to one of the other 29 teams who think he is the 2nd coming of Teemu Selanne. I'm quite happy with Nyquist for 1mil thanks.

Speaking of which, I have a feeling he'll be in a Ducks sweater next season. Especially if Teemu resigns. Or hey, how about they both sign with the Jets? Anyone? Anyone? :bye:

Guest Crymson

Who is talking about signing him for 5mil anymore? I don't want him at $5m either.

Flip asking for $5m is ancient history by now, he was asking for that after coming off his 66 point season (which would make him deserve $5m). After realizing that he didn't have a good season, I'm sure that asking price has come down.[/quote. How is 5 mil ancient history? That is exactly what he is rumoured to be asking for on the open market as a UFA. Teams will pay it. I don't see the Wings being one of them. Why woud his asking price come down? He knows he will cash in with a weak UFA market. Plus he has already stated that there is a possibility he will not be with the Wings next season.

Could you find me a source stating that he expects $5m?

Guest Hatethedrake!

Could you find me a source where he doesn't expect 5 million?

Guest Hatethedrake!

I would take him at 4. Not 5 though. Can't see Kenny overpaying for Flip.

Guest The Axe

I would take him at 4. Not 5 though. Can't see Kenny overpaying for Flip.

Why not? He overpays for CRAP like Samuelsson.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I don't think that counts as a source

. So what is he asking for exactly? Your post doesn't look like a source.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Why not? He overpays for CRAP like Samuelsson.

. Good point.

Guest Crymson

Could you find me a source where he doesn't expect 5 million?

It doesn't work that way. You're claiming that he expects $5m per year. I'm asking you to tell me where this was stated. Speculation does not count.

My meaning here is that the entirety of this "Filppula expects ___ per year" nonsense is based upon rumor.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Making up your own rules is not a source. TSN, sportsnet, cbc have All reported that Flip's agent is seeking in the 5 mil range. These guys are reputable sources. His agent can use Grabovski as a comparison. He makes 5.5 mil a season. Just because something is rumoured does not mean it isn't true. For example Dekeyser was rumoured to be signing with Detroit. Was it a fact that he would sign there? No. But he did. Where there is smoke there is fire. All indications are that Flip will be asking for 5 mil a season. Connect the dots here.If Flip wanted only 4 mil a season, wouldn't Kenny have signed him by now? This indicates Flip is going for the 5 mil a season his agent believes he can get. Could he decide on July 5 to accept less and 're-sign with the Wings? Sure. Rumours are all we have right now. I think you only play the Facts Game so you can tell anyone they are wrong at all times. I think it is pretty spineless to be honest.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Guest Crymson

Making up your own rules is not a source. TSN, sportsnet, cbc have All reported that Flip's agent is seeking in the 5 mil range. These guys are reputable sources. His agent can use Grabovski as a comparison. He makes 5.5 mil a season. Just because something is rumoured does not mean it isn't true. For example Dekeyser was rumoured to be signing with Detroit. Was it a fact that he would sign there? No. But he did. Where there is smoke there is fire. All indications are that Flip will be asking for 5 mil a season. Connect the dots here.If Flip wanted only 4 mil a season, wouldn't Kenny have signed him by now? This indicates Flip is going for the 5 mil a season his agent believes he can get. Could he decide on July 5 to accept less and 're-sign with the Wings? Sure. Rumours are all we have right now. I think you only play the Facts Game so you can tell anyone they are wrong at all times. I think it is pretty spineless to be honest.

I don't think you understand the concept of a source. Tip: if you're writing a paper and cite a statistic without pointing to its source, "Can you find me something that proves this statistic incorrect?" will not be a viable response to your teacher. The burden of proof is on he or she who has made the claim. In this event, that is you. To this point---the post I'm responding to included---all you have is pure conjecture.

That said, if TSN, Sportsnet, and CBC have all reported this, then you should easily be able to rustle me up a link. Make it so!

Edited by Crymson

Guest Hatethedrake!

Barnes, I think we are better off without him. Does Kenny think so too? Also, there are no guarantees Clarkson will sign here. We saw this last summer.

Barnes, I think we are better off without him. Does Kenny think so too? Also, there are no guarantees Clarkson will sign here. We saw this last summer.

I do think that Holland will be looking for quite a discount from the rumored $5 M actually. There are no sure bets, but Clarkson is the only player this year worth throwing the bank at. It should give us a decent shot at least. And if it boils down to a financial question, it should be Clarkson > Filppula.

Guest Crymson

Nah you can find it for yourself. I would help you out however I think you're a babbling idiot.

And thus you prove my point.

I do think that Holland will be looking for quite a discount from the rumored $5 M actually. There are no sure bets, but Clarkson is the only player this year worth throwing the bank at. It should give us a decent shot at least. And if it boils down to a financial question, it should be Clarkson > Filppula.

Holland has shown a willingness in the past to part with players who under-perform. Hudler is the most recent example. Lang is another.

Guest RedWingsDad

Ask the 30 GMs who would die for Filppula to play on their team for the right price. Great skater, great puck control, great battler, hustles his ass off every shift, great two-way play, great at faceoffs and big offensive potential.

We've all seen what Filppula can do and how much he can score. If we can see the 60-70 point Filppula again, isn't it worth giving him a short contract to try and prove himself again? I feel like that is reasonable. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Helm should center the third line (hoping that he returns, I think he will) and Brunner should get a top 6 spot.

Filp is redundant on this team. I say we sign him to 2 yrs at 4 million/yr and then trade him at the deadline next year.

edit: make the 4 million a year

Edited by RedWingsDad

And thus you prove my point.

Holland has shown a willingness in the past to part with players who under-perform. Hudler is the most recent example. Lang is another.

not to jump in your little fight, but earlier this year is was reported in several places that Filppula was going to be asking for 5 million per season on a long term contract.

fact is he will get it. He is a better all around player than Hudler who just got 4 million per year. Now maybe in the end the cap hit is only 4.5, but Fil will get paid. In fact last week one of the writers from Detroit was on the Huge show discussing this very thing. I forget the guys name.... I want to say durpa or something like that.

Agreed, there is hope. Although Im not sure I would put Lang in the same category as Hudler here. I think there is a stronger bond with players drafted by the organization.

Filppula is better thanyou guys give him credit for. He struggled at times this year because he can't be "the guy" on a line. He works as a supporting guy to a better player. We are going to be much deeper next year even if Holland makes no changes because our young guys will probably all get better. We'll have Nyquist or brunner in the top six, which should take some responsibility away from Filppula.

Filppula also played really well with Bertuzzi at times in the 2012 season. Assuming he gets healthy, he should replace cleary in the top 6, giving Filppula the shooter he needs.

5mil is obviously too much, but at this point I don't think he'll be able to get that anywhere. I think Holland gets him for 4-4.5mil

Guest Crymson

not to jump in your little fight, but earlier this year is was reported in several places that Filppula was going to be asking for 5 million per season on a long term contract.

fact is he will get it. He is a better all around player than Hudler who just got 4 million per year. Now maybe in the end the cap hit is only 4.5, but Fil will get paid. In fact last week one of the writers from Detroit was on the Huge show discussing this very thing. I forget the guys name.... I want to say durpa or something like that.

In no universe will Filppula get $5m per season. Hudler scored 25 goals in his contract season, and this is why he got paid. Filppula, in his own, garnered his worst PPG average since the 2006-2007 season. And when he's not scoring, he's generally invisible.

That said, I did a Google search, and it turns out that I was incorrect about this just being a rumor. He's got some serious gall to ask for that sum after how he played this season.

Edited by Crymson

Filppula is better thanyou guys give him credit for. He struggled at times this year because he can't be "the guy" on a line. He works as a supporting guy to a better player. We are going to be much deeper next year even if Holland makes no changes because our young guys will probably all get better. We'll have Nyquist or brunner in the top six, which should take some responsibility away from Filppula.

Filppula also played really well with Bertuzzi at times in the 2012 season. Assuming he gets healthy, he should replace cleary in the top 6, giving Filppula the shooter he needs.

5mil is obviously too much, but at this point I don't think he'll be able to get that anywhere. I think Holland gets him for 4-4.5mil

Filppula wasn't being asked to be "the guy" this season either. He played most of the season on a line with Zetterberg. If he can't handle the added responsibility of producing offensively when given top-six minutes and PP time, then he certainly isn't worth the rumored price tag.

Guest Crymson

Like Hudler, Filppula is crap when he isn't scoring. He's not quite as bad as Hudler in that regard, of course; then again, Hudler is a better natural scorer than Filppula is. Whatever the case, I won't miss him any more than I did Hudler.

That said, if Filppula wants to be paid $5m per season, he'd damned well better be able to be "the guy."

Filppula wasn't being asked to be "the guy" this season either. He played most of the season on a line with Zetterberg. If he can't handle the added responsibility of producing offensively when given top-six minutes and PP time, then he certainly isn't worth the rumored price tag.

He struggled when Zetterberg struggled. That's my point. With more depth in the top 6, it will be easier to match up scorers with supporters. If filppula and Zetterberg don't work together, Babcock can match him with Brunner. nyquist or Datsyuk instead